Author Topic: Star Wars Convention Passes & Badges  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Star Wars Convention Passes & Badges
« on: April 8, 2005, 02:53 PM »
I have a few of these, an entire set of the Celebration passes from the FC (The Jar Jar one was autographed by Ahmed Best) and I have three of the SW Insider passes, #1 Mara Jade, #4 Wuher and #5 Darth Vader. I always theought these were cool and fairly unique items to have, and that categorey tends to be my favorite part of my collection.

Does anyone else have these and, more importantly, anyone know where I caould go to try and complete the sets????

« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 10:35 PM by JediMAC »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Passes
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2005, 03:05 PM »
I've always saved all of my passes from various conventions (C2, Comic Con, Wizard World, etc.), but obviously the C2 pass is the SW specific one, which makes it much more cool than the others.  As much as I'd like to get a complete set of them, it's just not as high on my list of collecting priorities as some other items currently are.

But Matt, I seem to recall the Fan Club site offering the badges in sets at some point - probably after the convention's conclusion, I'd guess.  I want to say the full set was around $60.  Hopefully someone who has a better memory bank than my senile ol' noggin does can chime in with some more accurate info though.

But seeing as they're making multiple passes for C3, and they seem to be aware of the intrensic collectibility of said passes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them offer up another set of them later on, like next month.  Of course, if you're actually going to C3, there's another way you could potentially get your hands on some...  Ask folks at the convention if you can have their passes at the end of the day when they're leaving, if they don't want to keep them.  I know some folks have tried that before, to some avail.

Heck, maybe some of the JD folks here have no desire to keep theirs afterwards, and wouldn't mind hooking you up with theirs...

Good luck with 'em Matt!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Yeah, I got my somplete set of CI passes through the FC.  Same with the insider ones, because they were giving them out with figures.  I missed out on the CII passes because I was doing push-ups at OTS at the time, and you never see these things on eBay because the people who get them aren't getting them to re-sell on ebay.

Doesn't discourage the hunt though!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 06:33 PM »
Here's the main C3 pass lineup (Clone Wars = kid passes, regular pix are the adult passes)...

And here's the Press Pass for C3 this year...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 06:40 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Hey JediMAC,  If you don't want that pass after the show's over let me know  ;)

I also collect the passes.  Got quite a few of them.

Got the Celebration ones from the Fan Club.  Got the Fan Club ones and when at C2, I got a set of the C2 passes with the tin.  These are real nice and like it was said here before....not many people bought these to put on eBay but keep looking........

I beleive I read where they will sell a set of passes again at C3.  They take your order and send them out after the actual show to your house.

I also got some other passes with SW characters on them.  Some are from the Sci-Fi Expo shows from Texas.  Got some real nice ones with Jango and Maul.

Ask your friends......you never know who might have one lying around.

Once all the crazyness with my wife having twins and us moving into a new house right before the E3 release, I will try to get some pics taken and posted here.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Celebration 3 Badges
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 07:25 AM »
Hyperspace members get a one week jump one everyone else to preorder the CIII Badges Set.  Then it will be made available for everyone else, and they plan to ship on July 15th.

Bigger Case Pic

The badges themselves?  They're nice and all, but I'm not sure how badly I'd need a set.  But I think the neatest thing is the wooden box they come in, which is engraved with the CIII logo on it.

Is it worth $75?  Hmmm.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:29 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 3 Badges
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 11:16 AM »
If I went to CIII, I would get a set of these for sure. They look great, and that
case is really cool.

Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Very nice but not worth $75 IMO.  I've got my badge (well, Colman does anyway ::)), I was there and that's all I need.  I think they're all pretty cool and it was neat seeing something other than the four day badge when I was out there, but no way am I dropping that kind of coin on stuff like that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I'm with you Brent, a nice set but $75. Nice case tho.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 4, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I just saw that SW Shop is selling the C3 pass set now and will be shipping 15 July.

Check it out here.

I thought it was a bit pricey at $75, but check out the sweet wooden case they come in!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 4, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Thanks Matt - I didn't realize you'd started a SW Passes thread in the past, so I merged the C3 Passes thread into yours.   :)

They look great, don't they?  But you're right, $75 is too steep.  Maybe for $30 I'd consider it, just for that slick looking storage box. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 4, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I ordered one.  You get every pass that they made plus that box....carved wooden boxes like that aren't cheap.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 5, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Well, my C3 set of passes showed up today and I am impressed.  The box is a little bigger than I thought it would be, but then so are the passes.  They're larger than the Insider and C1 passes that are already in my collection.

The etched cover completely slides off to allow access to the passes inside which are securely held in by the protective foam.

The pricepoint may be a bit hight, but considering what I would've paid to try and get each pass individually off of ebay and the nice box, I think it's not so bad.

Just a shame that none of them are autographed like they were in my C1 set.  (ok so it was only the Jar-Jar one but still....one of them's autographed!)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Ummm, SWShop.com is selling the C3 set of passes for a discount. $49.99 from $75.00 so a saving of $25.01.

Celebration III Badge Set in Wooden Collector Case

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2005, 06:32 PM »
Good Info Dale, makes me wish I had waited just a little bit.  :-\

I managed to pick up my first of the Celebration II passes (I missed out on getting a set because I was at OTS at the time).  Does anyone have a list of what passes there are for Celebration II?
This is the way.

I have spoken.