Collectibles > Episode 1

Wave 2 accessory sets

(1/3) > >>

Darth_Anton:
Did you get 'em? These were arguably the most dificult E1 items to track down and the least talked about. I myself have one complete loose set and half of a carded set. How did you guys fare and what were your thoughts on these? Where did you even find them? My first set came from a Latino Department store. The carded peices I just scored on e-bay.

JesseVader08:
Oh boy, it's been a while since I thought about these.  I've actually never tracked down any of the accessory sets - it just wasn't a high priority for me (I still need 4 more figures before I have all of those...)

Were the following ones from Wave 2?

___ Hyperdrive repair Kit
___ Podracer Fuel Station
___ Rappel Line Attack
___ Tatooine Disguise Accessory Set

___ Naboo Accessory Set - wave 1?
___ Sith Accessory Set - wave 1?
___ Tatooine Accessory Set - wave 1?
___ Underwater Accessory Set - wave 1?

Jesse James:
They were avaialbe for retail online at a few places so I nabbed them.

They were vastly superior to their predecessors.  Hasbro proving once again that they can take an idea, completely botch it, then show they can do it right, but then cancel the idea because they simply don't "get it" usually. 

These sets, had they come out first, would've sold well.  The first sets with their lame-ass weapons, lame-ass gear...  They simply sucked.  The only one worth buying was the one that had a figure (the droid) in it.  That was fun to buy up for $.99 on clearance.

dafoo:
Are these the ones with a figure in them?

Like Endor batter, had a Speeder biker trooper in there with some guns, bombs, a few backpacks, and the helmet drumset?

and the Hoth set, with a Rebel Hoth trooper?

Jesse James:
No, those were the Target exclusive sets released during Saga's run...

Another good idea gone awry at the hands of Hasbro, actually.

Of course, I'm in the minority though who actually thorougly enjoyed the little Hoth Tank Droid.  Still, those sets were pretty weakly executed in their own right, especially at their price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version