Author Topic: Best places to buy Ep III action figures  (Read 6485 times)

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
Best places to buy Ep III action figures
« on: July 6, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Where's the best place to buy Ep III 3 3/4" action figures?
For me it's Target right now.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Best places to buy Ep III action figures
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I'd say Target, although I got most of my Red Royal Guards from KB Toys.  I try to avoid walmart, but  the only good stuff I've found there was 3 or 4 fresh cases of Deluxe Wave 3.
TRU is a little slow in getting stuff.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: July 6, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Target and Toys R Us - at least in my town, Wal-Mart and KB's completely suck in the toy department.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 7, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Who ever has the new figures between Target, Walmart and TRU.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2005, 03:37 PM »
It's ironic, Target is the place to go.

The WM's around me have only restocked ONCE (excluding Deluxe, which is a big fat 0)since D-day while Target constantly gets new stock in.

And once they do, the figs fly off the shelf - just ask inadvertent integrity  ;) and Spuffy!

These two guys always beat me to the punch! 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 06:01 AM »
About 90% of the time it's been Walmart for me with the ROTS line, and the entire line since 1995.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I guess it would be the big 3 - Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us. Occasionally Kay-Bee will have something and that is probably because they are higher priced so someone skips that figure and opts to find it at the other places.  Oh yeah, K-Mart occasionally has something like once every 7 months.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 09:54 PM »
I guess it would be the big 3 - Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us. Occasionally Kay-Bee will have something and that is probably because they are higher priced so someone skips that figure and opts to find it at the other places.  Oh yeah, K-Mart occasionally has something like once every 7 months.
when I went to KB their basic figures were on sale for like $2.50.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Wow, my local KB had like 5 ROTS figs (all Bail) along with about 20 VOTC Landos, still at full price ($13).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Up until the Saga line hit in April 2002, the only retailer that I had within a two hour distance was Wal-Mart, and there were three of them in that area.  Thus, Wal-Mart was literally my only option as far as SW figures in general went, although thanks to many kind people on the internets over the years, I was able to obtain exclusives and more difficult figures at the times they were released.

Nowadays, with so many more retailers near me to choose from, Wal-Mart is still, by and large, the only place I find things I'm looking for on a regular basis, but Target is neck and neck with them. 

Recently, though, neither store has restocked any basic figures with frequency (Target hasn't restocked since early June, and even then it was with even more of the Wookiee Warrior and Neimoidian Warrior), and the SW section is rapidly shrinking at every WM I go into.  K-Mart is just sad to even look at, and TRU looks like it has been hit with a tornado every time I go in there (which isn't often).  All the KBs that used to be near me have been closed down, and it doesn't seem like I'd find much of anything there anyway.

So what is the best place to get new figures these days?  I guess if you have the money to buy cases, it would be Entertainment Earth, since you run a better chance of finding a figure without spending two months and a ton of gasoline looking for it at Wal-Mart.  Plus you don't have the employees looking at you like you're a weirdo when you walk out of the store five minutes after entering empty handed 90% of the time.   ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22 AM »
when I went to KB their basic figures were on sale for like $2.50.

Yeah, but that is their sale price.  Usually they have them for what $8.50 or $7.50?

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 05:35 PM »
As of rite now, Target and Walmart since they are getting all the new figs and clone repaints in. i give TRU another 2 weeks for new figures pop out.

Offline Dorito

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 02:45 AM »
I'd say Wal-mart is the best place since the Targets around my area have started doing that stupid collector guideline thing.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 03:04 AM »
Well, my faithful Target store hooked me up with #51-53 yesterday; they had at least 8x of each when I went in at 8:30PM.
I also have renewed faith in KB Toys as of today.  I found #54-56 there!  They also had at least 7x of each, as well as several of the Bacara Wave.  I heard reports that these were found at other KB's in NJ, so I recommend stopping by and checking them out.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 08:48 AM »
Walmart has been my bread and butter, then Target serves as a back up, followed by TRU which is missing out on business because they have far too many peg warmers.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that