Author Topic: ROTS Figure Sales (or price hikes)!  (Read 32730 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: K-Mart Runnin' Outta Figs...
« Reply #15 on: April 7, 2005, 12:45 PM »
2 for $11 isn't bad. It's better than KB at the momment. I'm also wondering if K-Mart has much to re-stock with. I would think that they were carefull not to over order this time and didn't anticipate that these would actually sell.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 7, 2005, 01:26 PM »
As you probably read, our last Kmart completely missed the ROTS release and a week later still doesn't have any rots figures. They are still trying to get rid of three bespin leias and a wookie senator.

Kmart sucks.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 7, 2005, 02:01 PM »
$5.50 is better than SWshop's price - $12.99!!!!!   ;D :o

Seriously, what's the dealio with that?!

I know you get a star case, but who wants a star case with a $5-6 figure?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
RotS Figure Sales!
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Don't if this was posted or not but my other main hangout on the net has the TRU ad for tomorrow!!!!

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=Star+Wars%2FTRU&pic=star-wars-page.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 01:28 PM by Nataku »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: TRU ad 4/10
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2005, 07:37 PM »
ahh TRU far behind as always. there sale prices don't even match the regular price of the figures at most stores, and the prices on other items just match the price of those items elsewhere. no wonder TRU was on the verge of bankruptcy, they can't comprehend how to compete with other stores...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Figures on Sale Thread!
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I didn't know if this had been posted in another forum yet (and again, the idea of "Sale Price" is relative here), but KB is having an online sale where if you buy 3 ROTS figures, you can get the fourth free.  Of course, this still comes out to what you'd pay for four figures at any other retailer, but it's still worth a look. 

KB's "Sale"

I did notice that they had Mas Amedda listed, so it's possible that they will have/have already had and sold out of the wave he's a part of at some point. 

KB also has the Anakin/Dooku and Sidious/Mace Battle Arenas for 19.99 each, if anyone is interested in those.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Weird Amazon.com release dates/free shipping deals...
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 11:14 PM »
I posted this in the "Evolutions" thread too...

Amazon.com has both the Anakin and Clone Trooper EVOLUTION sets listed as coming out on FRIDAY, April 15th.  They also have all 3 of the new Unleashed sets -- Vader, Sidious vs. Yoda, and that Sith Chick as coming out the same day.

And...all have FREE SHIPPING right now.  Actually lots of Star Wars stuff has free shipping right now...

Very weird.  Probably just an error...they'll probably change the dates this week but I've got them pre-ordered just to be safe...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000794064/103-2189057-4180663?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000701CZA/103-2189057-4180663?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00079405U/103-2189057-4180663?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000701CZK/103-2189057-4180663?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:29 PM by Stim »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Cost of ROTS basic figures in your area.
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Since midnight madness I had not gone any farther than 15 minutes to hunt for Star Wars figures.  Today I went to Champaign and at Target & Wal-Mart the basic figures are $5.24.  In my area an hour south they are $5.88 at Wal-Mart and I don't have a Target around here.  The difference may seem small, but if you buy 4 figures that's a $2.56 difference and definitely adds up.  How much do they cost where you live?     

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of ROTS basic figures in your area.
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2005, 08:30 PM »
$5.24 at the Targets and Walmarts in my area.  $5.99 at TRU.  I don't even bother shopping at K-Mart or KB because they're around $6.99 or so.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 8, 2005, 08:38 PM »
JayDouble must be my neighbor, because same story here.   ;)

:P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 8, 2005, 09:47 PM »
TRU  - $9.99
Sears - $9.99
Zellers - $8.92
Walmart $7.84

So yeah, Canada does suck, though that Wally price is around $7.15 USD after the taxes. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Every WM and Target I've been in lately has had the figures at 5.24.  K-Mart continues to stick to their 6.99 price and I have yet to see any of their figures (which they stocked two weeks ago for the first time since a lone case of Collection 1 on April 2nd) move with the exception of the Red Royal Guard.

Back when Target was having their 5 dollar sale that first week, the WM next door marked figures down to 4.94, but as soon as they went back to 5.99 at Target, so they went to 5.24 at WM.  Strangely, when Target dropped theirs, the WM next door didn't follow suit.

Something else I noticed was that TRU.com has raised their figure prices up to 6.99 while all the store reports still have them at 5.99.  For a while there it looked like the Collection 1 figures were still 5.99 and the Collection 2 were 6.99, but several times lately, I've seen the former go up to 6.99 as well.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2005, 10:04 PM »
$5.99 at Toys R Us.

$5.24 at Target, although I'm not sure if the price cut is permanent. (was previously $5.99)

Either $5.88 or $5.24 at Wal-Mart (I don't shop there much so I don't remember).

Others are $6.99 and up.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 10:32 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #28 on: May 9, 2005, 03:18 AM »
Target - $5.24

TRU - $5.99

Some Wally's - $5.88

Other Wally's - $4.98
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: May 9, 2005, 03:50 AM »
KM is as much as $7.99 I think some places.  Outrageous.  I have found that K-Mart will, at times, pricematch.  They fight you on it toof and nail, but they will pricematch if you raise enough hell.

I swear they hate to see me show up there anymore with receipts or flyers from other stores, haha.

My parents are a bit older...  Like to take my mother on senior citizen discount day and get a little extra % off the figures too.  Don't tell mom I let that leak here though or she'll be PO'd.  :-X

My KM's actually put product out early and then sold through a lot of it.  Funny that they got a jump on everyone that way.  They are still pretty low on most figures and vehicles as well, and haven't overdone ordering it seems.  Maybe they will drop prices and be a good place to shop again sometime.

My WM's, Targets, and TRU's are the same as everyone else though...  $5.24 or $5.99 at TRU.  TRU I rarely go to since they shot themselves in the foot on 4/2 stuff, and aren't really giving me much reason to go there.

KB just flat out sucks.  Everything is outrageously priced.  No wonder that store is destined to be closed.  They earned it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77