Author Topic: Explosions rock London.  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Explosions rock London.
« Reply #15 on: July 7, 2005, 02:53 PM »
This stuff just makes me angry...

Not Al Qaeda - but a new previously unknown spin off.   Exactly the type of problem we're going to encounter more and more over the next decade or four.

Not if we just go over to their desert and drop some bob-ombs. It is the easy answer.

Why does 4 seem to be the magic number on all of these attacks on mass transportation?

just wait... they'll blame the Fantastic 4 or something dumb?
violence on tv encourages the middle eastern proto humans...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 7, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Very sad, and obviously tragic.  Unfortunate (though likely intentional) that it had to occur just a day after London was celebrating getting the 2012 Summer Olympics, and during the G8 Summit in Scotland.  Granted, to me, this was just a matter of when, not if.

Damned terrorists.  >:(

Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone across the pond.  I hope Rob and the rest of our resident JD UK'ers are all OK too...

4 Planes - U.S.
4 Trains - Madrid (IIRC)
4 Subways (almost) - London

Why does 4 seem to be the magic number on all of these attacks on mass transportation?  ???

Don't know why 4 seems to be the magic number but I think its more corenquence then anything else.  With the attacks on the WTC and Pentagon it was orgiinally planned for 4 or more plans to attack the West Coast sites as will as the attacks that already happened in NY and DC.  It could be for the train bombings that the cells where 4 member cells since you wouldn't want alot of people hanging around. 
On a personal side my brother-in-law is from Wales and has familiy and friends in London so far he has heard from everyone except one person (hopefully he hears from him soon).  My Brother-in-law's mom didn't even know what happened until he called her from America and asked if she heard any news.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 7, 2005, 07:53 PM »
My aunt, uncle and a couple of cousins are there.  We are trying to get their schedule for their trip so we can see if they were still in London at that time.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 7, 2005, 08:40 PM »
The highly touted "Theory of Four" is officially debunked.  2 more undetonated bombs were found, the intention was six.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: July 7, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Interesting.  Good thing only 2/3rds of them worked (relatively speaking of course).  Where were those two found?  I haven't heard that report yet...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 7, 2005, 09:31 PM »
I just want to send out my thoughts to not only the families of those who lost their lives today in this senseless attack, but also to any and all JDers and their families in London, and to every single London resident right now.  I hope that all of you are safe. :'(

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 7, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Since we were having Tornados and Flooding from Cindy this morning, I remember when the news was first broken by my local NBC Affliate, just befour 6 o'clock this morning.

Truley a horrible day. I think Senator McCain said it best in regards to these kinds of attacks. "If we loose to them in Baghdad, then the battle will be fought in Pheonix and New York." Of course, I'm paraphrasing...but he's right.

God Save the Queen.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #22 on: July 8, 2005, 12:45 AM »
My aunt, uncle and a couple of cousins are there.  We are trying to get their schedule for their trip so we can see if they were still in London at that time.

Could be a stupid shot in the dark but I saw a man wife and kids (didnt see the kids though from texas or huston some place like tht that had been there today and were all fine. I no its a one in a million chance but well there ya go .

I got a best friend there on vaction with her family and im worried cause i cant reach her and i guess sim cards on cell phones there are not working right now due to the police radio waves or some crap.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 9, 2005, 02:21 AM »
I know if my heart that we are doing the right thing over there  by choosing where the primary battelfield is and spreading freedom... and it's going to probably be impossible to stop every attack by these heartless people... there are millions of potential targets, 365 days a year, etc. 

I am thankful that the people of Britain have the will to face these inhuman acts and not stand down.  Standing down has not worked in the past.  Only by routing them out and by opening the eyes and eductating the next generation of their children can we avoid more attacks in the decades to come.  The best defense is still a good offense.   

And what a sad incident this is... it was never a matter of *if* but *when*... my heart and prayers go out to everyone affected by this. 

God Bless.

:'(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 9, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I'm just glad that all our british friends here and over at RS are all okay.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 9, 2005, 02:45 PM »
The highly touted "Theory of Four" is officially debunked.  2 more undetonated bombs were found, the intention was six.

Zero reports of that on googlenews... but I did find this:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0507/S00111.htm

There also are reports that police may have discovered two unexploded bombs as they sifted through the wreckage of the four bombs that did go off. .....Scotland Yard has denied finding undetonated explosive devices in the wreckage.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I know if my heart that we are doing the right thing over there  by choosing where the primary battelfield is and spreading freedom... and it's going to probably be impossible to stop every attack by these heartless people... there are millions of potential targets, 365 days a year, etc. 

I won't get into a debate from here on out, but in light of your blatantly political statement, I thought it worth sharing that the Iraqi Chief Spokesperson now believes that the London attacks were linked to the Iraq insurgency.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/iraq_britain_bombings

Meanwhile, in 2004 alone there were over 28,000 people killed in 3,200 separate terrorist incidents.  A dramatic rise from past years.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1684077,00.html

Spreading freedom indeed.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2005, 03:00 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Yay freedom!  ::)

Anywho, dig this article from April about some sick brainwashed Islamic ***** in London.

Terror on the dole.

Bunch of twats. It's one thing to have faith, and wholly another to bomb people for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2005, 03:35 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #28 on: July 9, 2005, 03:43 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 9, 2005, 04:07 PM »

Spreading freedom indeed.

Yup, just ask the people of Iraq and Afghanistan who can vote now rather than have a dictator run their countries.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda