Author Topic: College Football 2005-2006  (Read 30449 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2005-2006
« Reply #75 on: January 5, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I love how the bandwagon fans talk the loudest when "their" teams finally win the big one.   ::)  Here's a tip: try NOT acting like Vince Young and showing some class in victory.  All the talk you endure about SC all season was justified.  USC's team will go down as one of the best ever.  They won 2 in a row and nearly won a third, something that has never been done.  They produced back-to-back Heisman winners (something Texas definitely won't do) and had 3 in 4 years.  They won with style and won with class, something Texas did not do.  There was nobody on their squad you could honestly say "Man I hate that guy" about.  Their coach is a class act and it shows in his team.  They deserved all the press and hype they got during this time.  Texas is a talented squad, but anyone who watched that game knows it was Vince Young and a bunch of other guys.  Despite what Vince did, it took 2 turnovers, 2 horrendously botched calls (Young's knee being down and the fumble ruled an incompletion resulting in 9 free points) and a bad gamble on Carroll's part on a 4th and 2 for Texas to come out ahead.  Go ahead and sing Young's praises.  He didn't win that game.  USC lost it.  If there's anything people should be talking about, it's the fact that the refs had a hand in the outcome, something no fan of any team ever wants to see.  How in the hell does the replay monitor go down in the biggest game of the year?  More people watched this game than any other BCS game in history but apparently the video replay guy was the only one not watching.  It's bad enough seeing that piece of **** Vince Young thugging it up on stage but knowing that the refs played a huge role in SC's demise makes it worse.

USC bandwagon fans crying ------------------------> PRICELESS 

:) :D ;D 8) :-*

Where's that pacifier.....
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 05:20 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 5, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Hey buddy, I married into a Longhorn family.  I've been a season ticket (football) holder in the past, have UT stickers on the car that have since faded with age, and a closet full of burnt orange.  I guess that's a bandwagon fan.

Sorry pal, the game was what it was.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2006, 06:08 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 5, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I love how the bandwagon fans talk the loudest when "their" teams finally win the big one.   ::)  Here's a tip: try NOT acting like Vince Young and showing some class in victory.  All the talk you endure about SC all season was justified.  USC's team will go down as one of the best ever.  They won 2 in a row and nearly won a third, something that has never been done.  They produced back-to-back Heisman winners (something Texas definitely won't do) and had 3 in 4 years.  They won with style and won with class, something Texas did not do.  There was nobody on their squad you could honestly say "Man I hate that guy" about.  Their coach is a class act and it shows in his team.  They deserved all the press and hype they got during this time.  Texas is a talented squad, but anyone who watched that game knows it was Vince Young and a bunch of other guys.  Despite what Vince did, it took 2 turnovers, 2 horrendously botched calls (Young's knee being down and the fumble ruled an incompletion resulting in 9 free points) and a bad gamble on Carroll's part on a 4th and 2 for Texas to come out ahead.  Go ahead and sing Young's praises.  He didn't win that game.  USC lost it.  If there's anything people should be talking about, it's the fact that the refs had a hand in the outcome, something no fan of any team ever wants to see.  How in the hell does the replay monitor go down in the biggest game of the year?  More people watched this game than any other BCS game in history but apparently the video replay guy was the only one not watching.  It's bad enough seeing that piece of **** Vince Young thugging it up on stage but knowing that the refs played a huge role in SC's demise makes it worse.

USC bandwagon fans crying ------------------------> PRICELESS 

:) :D ;D 8) :-*

Where's that pacifier.....

My dad attended USC.  No bandwagoning here jack.  And I'd hardly call telling the cold, hard truth about your team's "win" crying.

Hey buddy, I married into a Longhorn family.  I've been a season ticket (football) holder in the past, have UT stickers on the car that have since faded with age, and a closet full of burnt orange.  I guess that's a bandwagon fan.

Sorry pal, the game was what it was.

I don't recall ever calling you specifically a bandwagon fan.  Congrats on your sticker and bland closet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 5, 2006, 08:47 PM »
I don't mean to take anything away from the Longhorns well deserved win, I was just asking about Reggie because I was wondering if he was holding back because he didn't want to injure himself and hurt his chances of getting drafted.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 6, 2006, 12:37 AM »

My dad attended USC.  No bandwagoning here jack.  And I'd hardly call telling the cold, hard truth about your team's "win" crying.

I don't recall ever calling you specifically a bandwagon fan.  Congrats on your sticker and bland closet.

Then who the hell you talking about???  I may be new to JD, but just b/c I never posted anything on a STAR WARS TOY WEBSITE hardly gives you a reason to call me a bandwagon fan.  Get a clue, "jack"

And a crying USC fan talking about showing "class" is the ultimate Pot calling the Kettle black while trashing Vince Young.

But you are right:  USC lost it, b/c YOU had a better chance at tackling him.  Here is the closest your beloved Condoms, eeeeerrrrrrr, Trojans got to the Great One:

« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 12:44 AM by S_A_Longhorn »
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 6, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I don't mean to take anything away from the Longhorns well deserved win, I was just asking about Reggie because I was wondering if he was holding back because he didn't want to injure himself and hurt his chances of getting drafted.

Anthony he wasn't holding back.  He actually took out a $6 million insurance incase of injury.  A lot of potential draftees do that now.  I remember Leinart did that before the season started.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 6, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Vince Young should enter the NFL draft, strike while the iron's hot, and get paid.
They cannot conquer forever!

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 6, 2006, 12:53 PM »

Then who the hell you talking about???  I may be new to JD, but just b/c I never posted anything on a STAR WARS TOY WEBSITE hardly gives you a reason to call me a bandwagon fan.  Get a clue, "jack"

And a crying USC fan talking about showing "class" is the ultimate Pot calling the Kettle black while trashing Vince Young.

But you are right:  USC lost it, b/c YOU had a better chance at tackling him.  Here is the closest your beloved Condoms, eeeeerrrrrrr, Trojans got to the Great One:

Again, since you seem to really learn slow, I'm FAR from the only person viewing your team's "win" in this manner.  Maybe you didn't watch the game or just watched it through rose colored glasses.  I understand though.  You are a Texas fan so they are perfect and can do no wrong.  God forbid anyone speak the truth that they didn't win that one out-right.  Vince Young is God, blah blah blah.  And yes I was referring to you cause anyone who is on the site and has access to this thread yet doesn't post a thing about it until his team wins (and then floods us with pics no one cares about) is as bandwagon as it gets.  And calling them Condoms?  Wow, just wow.  I feel myself growing dumber each time I read a new post from you. 

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 6, 2006, 04:05 PM »
The Texans need to decide what they're going to do with David Carr.  If they're going to stick with Jonathan Wells and Domanick Davis in the backfield, they can move Carr and draft Vince Young or Matt Leinert. 

Personally, I like the idea of Vince Young.  He's a Michael Vick-ish QB with a better arm than Vick.

Reggie Bush can still be taken #1 and used as a wideout and keep Domanick Davis in the backfield.

For now though, we wait to see if Vince Young is going to enter the draft.  He should.  And I'd love to have him as the QB on my team, because I think he's a notch above Leinert.

So though Reggie Bush is the number 1 pick in a vacuum, it remains to be seen whether he's taken #1 cuz the Texans need to make a QB choice, and we need to see if Young enters the draft.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 04:08 PM by Clone On Fire »
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 6, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Again, since you seem to really learn slow, I'm FAR from the only person viewing your team's "win" in this manner.  Maybe you didn't watch the game or just watched it through rose colored glasses.  I understand though.  You are a Texas fan so they are perfect and can do no wrong.  God forbid anyone speak the truth that they didn't win that one out-right.  Vince Young is God, blah blah blah.  And yes I was referring to you cause anyone who is on the site and has access to this thread yet doesn't post a thing about it until his team wins (and then floods us with pics no one cares about) is as bandwagon as it gets.  And calling them Condoms?  Wow, just wow.  I feel myself growing dumber each time I read a new post from you. 

Everyone on this site has been cool, but I just met the first jackass of JD.

This thread is so lacking that it is only 6 pages long.  The NCAA FOOTBALL 2005 thread over at RS is on the second thread after maxing out the first one. 

Read (if you can with that USC education) my posts over there.  Everyone there knows my allegiance since I began posting in late June 2005.  My avatar has always been a Longhorn.  I practically got that thread locked due to the smack being written between myself and a local Sooner fan.  (PM Lady Jaye for verification)

I thought Sooner fans were bad, but the typical LA sports fan is just plain annoying. 

And try to listen and talk to someone outside of the USC campus.  Turn on sports radio if you have to. Even your beloved LA radio shows, like Schiliano and Rome, give the props to the Horns for WINNING THE GAME!  Trojan fans are still in shock, so I'll forgive your incessant crying and continual denial of the truth.  YOU LOST!  Why ask for "class" when you have none? 

Instead of crying, try blaming Pete Carroll, the beloved "genius" coach.  He is supposed to be a "brilliant defensive coach."  All month, I heard about how Carroll was going to come up with a gamplan to shut down Vince Young.  What happened?  Can you even try to describe what that gameplan was!!  I cannot even fathom what he tried to accomplish with that defense.

And be angry that the Greatest Team Ever somehow lacked a defense.  Come to the realization (unlike Leinart) that the Longhorns have a BETTER TEAM!  The Horns are balanced on offense and defense.  Listen to any Horn fan all month, that the game would come down to a defensive stop by the Horns.  And it came on 4th & 2.

The Horns survived Leinart's great play, suffered with White running the ball, and limited Bush to one big play (the TD run).  He was a non-factor in the crucial parts of the game, unless you count his boneheaded fumble.  REALITY CHECK:  the Horns defense is a little faster than the Fresno St. Bulldogs defense.  Sorry, but it is true, Trojan fan. 

Carroll has all the talent on offense.  But how does his defense become so poor?  He admitted after the game he knew his defense would not stop the Longhorn offense on that final drive, no matter if he punted the ball instead of going for it on 4th & 2.

What kind of coach says his defense could not win him a championship in a Championship game??  You may, may, may, may have heard of an old cliche:  Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships

The refs/replay crew screwed up the call when Vince's knee touched down before he pitched the ball.  Nevertheless, your beloved Trojans could not tackle Selvin Young for the remaining 15 yards for the TD.  The Horns gave back one point by missing the extra point (has happened frequently this year, too).

But don't forget the interception by Drew Kelson that was ruled an incompletion by the refs.  Even the blind, senile, USC-payroll announcer Keith Jackson commented the refs blew that call.  Your great Leinart threw two INTS.  He had a good game, but the Horns' defense made two oskies when it counted.  (The second INT was also ruled incomplete before the replay overturned it.)

Finally, look at USC's top 3 opponents in their bowl games.  Oregon lost to Oklahoma, Notre Dame lost to Ohio State.  Only  UCLA defeated Northwestern.  (Fresno State also lost to Tulsa!) 
Two of those teams (OU and OSU) were beaten by the Horns.  The PAC-10 is weak every year.  It is more than obvious that USC's blowouts inflated everyone's ego as to how good that offense-based team really was.

Is that intelligent enough for you?  If so, ask your dad to read it to you.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2006, 12:56 AM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 6, 2006, 04:49 PM »
Two days until Texas A&M...

11 days until the Big XII Championship...

great year so far, and can only get better!!!!

Hook Em Horns!

GO TROJANS! Texas CANT STOP Reggieee!!

HOOK EM HORNS!!!  Trojans can't stop anybody!!!!!!!!  Much less Vince!!!!!!

Hey, Elvis/Jay/Jackass, here is my first post on this thread.  It is dated November 22nd. 

Call me Nostradamus if you want.  (Look it up, Trojan)

(November 22nd is before the BIG GAME, in case you didn't know)
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 05:57 PM by S_A_Longhorn »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: January 6, 2006, 04:55 PM »
All right - Texas won, USC lost - whatever.

Let's have EVERYONE just take a chill pill before I have to put you all in a time-out corner...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 6, 2006, 09:48 PM »
you tell them Jeff!  :P

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 7, 2006, 04:42 PM »
All right - Texas won, USC lost - whatever.

Let's have EVERYONE just take a chill pill before I have to put you all in a time-out corner...  ::)

I'm not even gonna dignify that guy's post with a response Jeff.  I suggest you shoot him a little message though.  He clearly crossed the line and I don't appreciate the "jackass" remark. 

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 8, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Read (if you can with that USC eductation) my posts over there.  Everyone there knows my alligence since I began posting in late June 2005.

"Eductation".."alligence"..? Pot, meet Mr. Kettle.

Come to the realization (unlike Leinart) that the Longhorns have a BETTER TEAM! 

...and that "team" just jumped ship to the NFL, more or less based on one game where he capitalized on a pretty weak defense, soon to join the ranks of Gino Toretta, Danny Wuerrfel, Chris Weinke, and other quarterbacks from powerhouse football teams that crashed and burned when they got into the NFL.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2006, 02:04 PM by Cory H. »