Author Topic: College Football 2005-2006  (Read 30445 times)

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2005-2006
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2006, 10:19 AM »

So please, enjoy it while it lasts. 

Oh, I will, I will!

Invitation to everyone here for the party in Austin and on Sixth Street on Sunday night!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2006, 10:30 AM »
I just scoped out the college stats on CNNSI.com, and it says that Vince was indeed third in the QB Ratings.  However, they call it "Passing Efficiency", for some dumb reason, instead of "QB Rating", which is actually what it is.

Vince still lead in completion percentage, whatever you'd like to call that...

Again ... according to ESPN.com, he was 10th in the nation in completion percentage ... so, I'm not sure what stat they were referring to when they said he was first in the nation in "passing efficiency".

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Hey Sooner fan...........BREAKING NEWS.....USC just scored again in the Orange Bowl....

Give me a break.  This is exactly the kind of boardie we can do without here.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2006, 03:55 PM »

Give me a break.  This is exactly the kind of boardie we can do without here.

Lighten up, ELVIS.  You are taking this all too seriously.  Sorry your team lost.  Go strap on a USC helmet & pads if you want to help your team.

Let it be known, do not post anything on this thread unless you have prior written approval from HOLOGRAPHIC ELVIS.  This includes any type of humor.

C-ya guys next year.  I'll be sure to post something in June so that ELVIS knows what team I cheer for.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 03:58 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Humour certainly has its place, but kicking a man when he's down probably doesn't help things.  Can we keep this a little more civil?

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Humour certainly has its place, but kicking a man when he's down probably doesn't help things.  Can we keep this a little more civil?

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.  I've found no humor in any of his posts.  All I've seen is a sore winner.

Congrats, your team won but that doesn't give you a license to run all over the thread like a ****** idiot and that's exactly what you've been.  Anyone who has posted their opinion (like I have) about how they viewed the game, how they felt it played out, how they thought Texas got lucky or got a gift (which the whole sports world knows they did) in your eyes is suddenly the enemy and you've posted as such.  Your pic posting is over the top and you've shown no class in reveling in your team's win.  If there's anyone in this thread who has crossed the line or ruined it, it's you.  Let's just make that clear. 

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2006, 10:18 AM »

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.  I've found no humor in any of his posts.  All I've seen is a sore winner.

Congrats, your team won but that doesn't give you a license to run all over the thread like a ****** idiot

So much for more civil......but am I still getting blamed for this ******' crap?

Stop trying to paint a picture of innocence, ELVIS.  Our "discussion" only became heated after you started your typical profanity rants.  If you want to say I started it by posting some pics, I was not the first to post a pic of the Texas celebration.  And if you get inflamed over a few pics, then get over yourself!  This was the best game of the year!!!

I posted several opinions as to why TEXAS WON, for which you still ignore.  So instead of cursing and flaming, why don't you try to have a decent conversation as to why USC lost and Texas won the Rose Bowl:

1.  Texas went to a no-huddle offense, which forced USC to keep their defensive players in the game.  That allowed Vince Young to begin to run all over the field since the defense was gassed, especially at the end of the game.  That was one instance of Mack Brown outcoaching Pete Carroll.

2.  Have you come up with a description of USC's defensive gameplan?  Carroll had month to prepare, and what was he trying to do?  Stop the run?  Sit in a Zone to stop the pass?  Blitz a few times to force a pass?  Honestly, try to explain the USC defensive gameplan!

3.  You contantly mention the TD that should have been ruled down due to Vince's knee.  No arguments there.  USC still had 3 defenders to take down Selvin Young and failed to do so.  But you ignore the fact that Leinart threw 2 INTERCEPTIONS, both of which were ruled incomplete by the Big 10 officials.  One was in the endzone, which was overturned by replay.  The entire bowl season had bad officiating (did you see the Alamo, Outback, or Cotton Bowls?).  Texas still outplayed USC in the Rose Bowl, despite the stupid officiating crew!

I just listed three legitimate reasons why Texas won the Rose Bowl, despite what "the whole sports world" says.  I am trying to explain why Texas won the game, how they outplayed the Trojans.  Nevertheless, I'll await your angry, flaming, cursing response and attack on me.   :-*

Which of course, will be followed by another warning for me to stop a discussion about COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

FYI - NO ******' HUMOR HERE
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 10:26 AM by S_A_Longhorn »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Ok, that about does it.

See you all next year!   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Again ... according to ESPN.com, he was 10th in the nation in completion percentage ... so, I'm not sure what stat they were referring to when they said he was first in the nation in "passing efficiency".

Wow, that's weird.  I never bothered to look the completion percentage stats up, and just took all the announcers and analysts at their word, since they must've mentioned that Vince was first in that category like 10 times that week, at around 70%.  I also heard that a bunch on sports radio, since much of the conversation often revolved around the fact that he was a very accurate passer, and not just the "typical running black QB" (their words).  I wonder what the hell they were all talking about then?  No way his completion percentage dropped that much in the Rose Bowl...  Crappy sports journalism, I guess.  Anyway, thanks for the more accurate stats there Neal.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled lock of yet another killed sports thread...