Author Topic: epoxy help  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
epoxy help
« on: September 5, 2005, 11:47 AM »
ok i need help with my epoxy, the five minute apoxy was applied last night it has dried but still smells anyway to get rid of the smell?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: epoxy help
« Reply #1 on: September 5, 2005, 02:06 PM »
It still smells?  I don't know... I  haven't used epoxy enough to really know what to tell you.  Maybe a touch of acrylic matte spray will seal the smell in.   ;)

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: epoxy help
« Reply #2 on: September 5, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I've tried using epoxy glue a few times, but it always turns out horribly for some reason.  I just can't seem to work with the glue (plus the smell is so overpowering that I can't really take it).  Anyway, every batch that I've mixed up smelled horribly for a few hours, but after that it went away (if I recall correctly).  CHEWIE's idea of the matte spray might work, other than that, I'm not sure.

On a related note, I've found that epoxy glue is not really necessary, at least for most figure customs.  If you use a higher quality super glue (like Zap-A-Gap or Loctite or something like that), they work just as well but without the fumes or mixing the correct ratios.  If you really need a solid bond though, epoxy glue is still your best bet.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.