Author Topic: Custom 4 Custom?  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Custom 4 Custom?
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Hey gang,
I wasnt sure if this would be the right thread since it deals with customs and trade.  I would like to trade this cusom kyle for a very good commander fox.  if you are interested lmk

CUSTOM KYLE JEDI OUTCAST

I bought this from Jon at Blizzardone customs.  The only difference from the one I have is that there is no hook for the saber hilt.  I've been toying with the idea of inserting a small magnet to attach a metal saberhilt too.

Heres another one I obtained from eBay some time ago, its momc

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 10:31 AM by Talon_Karrde »
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Custom 4 Custom?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 01:39 PM »
Actually, this is a very good idea... trading customs seems like a great way to help each other out around here.  DD and I had talked about this before, so I'm glad to see someone open a thread about it.

I actually don't have a Commander Fox custom, but someone around here might.

:P

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 03:37 PM »
cool, and I thought I invented  the idea  ;D  One can only hope something will turn up.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 11:09 PM »
oh man, This is a great, great idea! An awesome way for some of our customs to get circulated or if we really want some customs of others, we can do a trade! Awesome idea, I love it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 11:12 PM »
It is a cool idea... for those are up for it, maybe we could post pics of some customs we have up for trade.

Usually I would think that these would be a 1:1 trade... but in some cases, someone may have put a ton of work into a figure.  Sometimes it takes 3-4 different figure parts to make a custom, and some custom parts aren't cheap (like if you use a Sio Bibble as a base, or a VOTC figure or even an Army of Darkness figure).

So, if we go this route, I think we should confine the actual trade offers to PM's.

Thoughts?

:P

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 04:22 AM »
Superb idea! I think I have some customs I wanna trade! If it's permitted, I'll make some pics an post them here ASAP.

About the Katarn, he's really cool, but I don't have an extra Fox up for trade... yet! ;)
I'll look in to it
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Great, awesome responses.  should we attempt to make a trading template for customs then?  Like, for instance; trading two loose figures for a carded?  Chewie has touched on something that maybe we should explore. Kyle is made from 3 figures: Kyle Head, Han deathstar escape and sote dash rendar gloves.

If its just a repaint, then def 1:1, but if its like a fox, with a casted head, then it  should have more weight to it than a repaint would.

thoughts?

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 01:39 PM »
That would be a cool idea! But one thing is that some people might scam other people.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 03:21 PM »
I don't think any of the customizers here would scam one another, but we'd have to keep some vigilant feedback on this.
I don't think a template system would work very well, mostly because every figure has a different amount of time put into it as well as different component pieces.  Maybe we could just post a pic of the the figure(s) that we want to trade and some minor details about the custom (how many hours, parts used, etc).  We could also put a small list of figures that we're interested in trading for or something like that.
I think it should be left up to the individuals to decide a fair trade.  I know that almost all of my customs take less than an hour and I don't use many sculpted parts, but some of you guys obviously put lots of time into your customs and a 1:1 trade wouldn't really be fair in that regard.
Just my two cents 8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 07:14 AM »
As promised, here are some customs i would like to trade. I made them all myself.

1) Alien Jedi 1

Parts: clone wars jedi 3pack twi'lek body, pilot ten numb headcast

2) Alien jedi 2

Parts: clone wars jedi 3pack Rodian body, hands and head vintage quarren

3) Luke Skywalker NJO

Head: luke degobah POTF2, body obi wan ep 1

4) Jorg Sacul

head; jorg sacul cast, body: POTJ luke x-wing

5) Montross

Legs: Djas Phur, torso, head, backpack, gun and lower arms: jango preview, second gun: gi joe, cloak: piece of darth sidious ep 1upper arms: general army fig

6) Mandalorian warrior

Head, arms: jurassic park 3 fig, rest: jango fett kamino escape

I'm not looking for any custom in perticular, but if interested, I'm always open for offers.

LMK

"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay