Author Topic: Do you display more than one...  (Read 3782 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Do you display more than one...
« on: September 21, 2005, 12:28 AM »
of a figure if there is more than one way to display it? OK, you may be confused, but I couldn't figure out a better way to word this question. Basically, what I mean is this... for my display, I have two #50 Anakin figures - one wearing the hood/robe and carrying his saber, and one the burnt version. I have two #55 Obi-Wan Pilots, one wearing the robe/headgear, and one sans robe holding his lightsaber. I don't mean "legit" variations, i.e. the #6 Clone white and shocktrooper versions, I mean examples like I listed above.

Does anyone else feel the need to display two of the same figure if more than one display option is available?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Do you display more than one...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 12:48 AM »
of a figure if there is more than one way to display it? OK, you may be confused, but I couldn't figure out a better way to word this question. Basically, what I mean is this... for my display, I have two #50 Anakin figures - one wearing the hood/robe and carrying his saber, and one the burnt version. I have two #55 Obi-Wan Pilots, one wearing the robe/headgear, and one sans robe holding his lightsaber. I don't mean "legit" variations, i.e. the #6 Clone white and shocktrooper versions, I mean examples like I listed above.

Does anyone else feel the need to display two of the same figure if more than one display option is available?

I've got 2 loose Pilot Obi-Wans so I can do the same thing. I try and do it with the other's too, like the Clone EVO sets, I've got two as commanders and one as a pilot. It can get expensive though, but I really like doing trying to display this way. :)
"This is the way."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Really depends on a few  things:

1) Do I REALLY LIKE, yep, REALLY REALLY like the figure? If yes, then

2) Is it a character that I REALLY like? If yes then

3) Do I want more of this figure to cusomize? Yes/or No then I go to

4) Do I have the money in my budget to do this? If yes then

I buy it.

For ROTS, I have mutiples of the Obi Wan Pilot  x5 {not inlcuding the one my son has(best figure IMO in the line, or you have to include it in your top 3)}, one of the brown mask AT RT and one of hte white Mask AT RT, Five Shocktroopers (they grew on me after my son opened his and I want a squad for a diarom. I want to make of the senate scene after the Yoda/Sidious fight);
Three Agen Kolars, one to keep, two to cusomize. Two AT TE to display and 3 to customize; 2 #41 SA Clone to keep, 8 to cusomize. A few others.
The main one is the Obi Wan Pilot. I too have one with robe and one without.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 05:38 AM »
Oh yeah, I do the same thing, especially with figs like Obi Wan.  I have the Anakin #50 displayed separately, and I'm glad Hasbro included that little plastic thingy inside the cloak so really, you've got two figs instead of one.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:02 AM »

Yes, absolutely  :-[

Off the top of my head, I know I've got:

- 2x OTC Dagobah Luke , one handstanding and one with Yoda in the backpack.

- 2x #35 Palpy, one posed with "good" head & saber and a second posed with the evil head & force lightning.

- 2x #50 Anakin, one displayed with full robes and one Crispy/crippled

- 2x Clone Evo Pack, one with the Ep2 Yellow Clone Helmet and one with the Ep2 Clone Pilot Helmet

- 4x #6 Clone Trooper, two with the "imperial" shoulder pad and two with the "clean" shoulder pad

- 2x Saga Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead), one with robe on and one with robe off

And there may be a few others that I'm forgetting...  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I have oppritunities to buy more than one figure (non-army builder) for display purposes, but I don't just because of the expence.  If I did, it would be because I have a cabinate where I display each Vintage figure along side it's best modern counterpart keeping the modern counterpart unavailable for specific scenes.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Sure, since I make dioramas I try to get several of each version of some figures to display them in different poses.  Absolutely!

:P

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Yes, for diorama & customizing.