Author Topic: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)  (Read 49141 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Also - I was looking at the pics over on Rebelscum and it appears that the Jedi Temple Raid pack is an exclusive but I can't tell to whom. The last line of the card reads "Avail: NOW  Exclusive: ????" and I can't read what retailer is listed after "Exclusive:"

Looks like K-Mart to me, which if true, sucks ass.  I know of one K-mart even remotely near me (Although with the 501st SA single pack coming, I might skip this pack)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2005, 01:38 PM »
The last line of the card reads "Avail: NOW  Exclusive: Huh?" and I can't read what retailer is listed after "Exclusive:"

It looks like it could either be one of two things from that other site's photograph:

K-Mart or S-Mart.  So, it's either going to be a Blue Light Special that is stocked in the food section for unknown reasons, or it will require fighting off the undead with a chainsaw to obtain.   ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Yeah - that's what I thought it said too - but I wasn't sure.

Interesting thing is that all of my local KMarts have MADE shelf space for the Evolutions and Battlepack sets even though there's no product to fill them. So they are obviously behind the product line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2005, 01:40 PM »
I think you're right Jeff - looks like K-Mart to me too.

When will the madness end?

It's a madhouse....A MADHOUUUUUUSE!!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Sweet jeebus!  It looks to these eyes like it says... K-Mart?!?   :o

Can that be right?   :-\

Yep, your right!  :-*

K-Mart Exclusive

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2005, 02:30 PM »
K-Mart? I call bull****. That ******* retail chain has closed up shop around here, and that set is my backup way of getting 501st Clones. >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2005, 02:50 PM »
That and they charge more, but I digress.  IF I find it, I'll gladly pay the extra $2.

Say, does anyone have a picture of that Hoth Set with the old commander on the back panel?  If so, I'd love to see it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2005, 09:14 PM »
K-Mart had the OTC Cantina sets...  Don't forget guys.

They've actually made a semi-nice rebound from their bankruptcy I heard...  I know KM's a big chain in my area yet as we still have WM's and Targets relatively spread out.  I have 2 KM's within 15 minutes whereas the nearest WM to me is 20 - 25 minutes.  KM still rules in some areas.

The good news, as I see it, is that the Cantina sets were abundant.  Hoping that battlepack will be too, as will Evolutions.  And hopefully competitively priced...  Their basic figs are outrageous, but they've still sold (KM was the first retailer to really break the 4/2 streetdate too).  Their vehicles tend to be a little closer to other store's prices.  Hoping these sets will be similarly priced then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Jedi Temple Assault pic from RebelScum

Sweet jeebus!  It looks to these eyes like it says... K-Mart?!?   :o

Can that be right?   :-\

So much for that, I don't have a Kmart within 100 miles.  Even though I didn't particularly want that set, I'd probably have bought 1.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2005, 10:01 PM »
K-Mart 300 yards from Wal*Mart.

I like it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Wow I like that Evolutions Clone to Sandtrooper set
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2005, 01:49 AM »
Duuuuuuuuuude! I just came up with a kickass Battle Pack idea:

Tusken Camp Massacre!
--Campfire and hut

--Tusken female with child -- most likely a repack from 2002 Saga

--2x Tusken warriors -- new versions would be ideal of course, although if they went the repacking route my choice would be the 2003 Camp Ambush figure since he's a better sculpt and the POTJ Sniper has already been repacked with the massiff and in OTC.

--Some sort of Anakin -- maybe the Saga Tusken Camp version with softgoods robe, or something a little more film accurate. I'm not too picky on this part since Anakins are a dime a dozen.

--possibly include a repacked massiff

Since AOTC I've wanted a set like this. For a while a Cinema Scene seemed like the only route, but this concept would be pretty useless for a 3-figure set, and the Cinema Scenes are dead now anyways. But it just dawned on me that the Battle Packs are a PERFECT platform for this. I'd probably even buy multiples to get the huts and fires.

Thoughts? Too bloodthirsty for a "kid's toy"? If so, downplay the massacre aspect and simply call it a Tusken Village or something?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 01:57 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2005, 02:37 AM »
I tottaly missed the K-Mart notes, but my friend saw it and kept trying to tell me that they were K-Mart exclusives. Even then I had a hard time believing.

The way I see it, it's good news/bad news. The good news is, you're right, these should be abundant. The bad news is, these should be abundant, meaning that as each set sits, it jeoperdizes the next set from comming out. :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 09:26 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2005, 02:48 AM »
Is KM the only one getting the 5-packs though?  It seemed like they may only be getting the one...  The 501st one, which people would want in abundance.  The others were TRU's I thought?  I could be wrong, I'm sorta overloaded mentally right now and SW stuff's leaking out I think.

If tha'ts the case though, the 501st one SHOULD be abundant and not jeopardize other sets...  Even though they blow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77