Author Topic: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)  (Read 49163 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle Packs (5 figure sets)
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2005, 03:04 AM »
One of 'em I know for sure was a TRU exclusive, possibly the Hoth set. But I'm not keeping track too well at this point either....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2005, 09:48 AM »
Is KM the only one getting the 5-packs though?  It seemed like they may only be getting the one...  The 501st one, which people would want in abundance.  The others were TRU's I thought?

I think the first 3 are still expected everywhere:
Rebels vs. Empire
Jedi vs. Separatists
Jedi vs. Sith

Then, the next 3 are exclusives:
TRU = Hoth Battle
K-Mart = Jedi Temple Raid
? = Emperors Throne Room

Still trying to get that confirmed at this point though...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I was kind of surprised to see K-Mart get the 501st exclusive.  It would probably be a bigger deal (upset more people) if we didn't have a single carded 501st on the way.  I know I'd be more upset.  We don't have any K-Marts in town anymore (closed up), and the closest one would be a 45-60 minute drive...which isn't quite worth it to me.  I'm glad to see that we're getting a single carded clone, which makes this set less necessary, but who knows if that will be any easier to get a hold of ;).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2005, 03:49 PM »
A guy in the St. Louis area just reported as to finding the Jedi v. Sith set at a Walmart...

http://www.coreplanets.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=43562&Main=43549#Post43562

:P

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2005, 05:00 PM »
He just corrected himself and said it was Kmart.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Ah, I saw that too.  Sorry guys.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2005, 05:13 PM »
My local K-Mart had tons of the Sith pack today.  Also a bunch of the Anakin Evolutions.  Bought both and am happy with both sets.  I apparently missed the Jedi Raid set according the the stock person ???  I thought that was hitting later.  She said another set was stocked this AM (supposedly the Raid set) but it may of been one of the other sets.   They are straight cases of each set.  $21.99 each.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 05:16 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Cool, cool, cool!  Go Kmart!

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2005, 06:02 PM »
My local K-Mart had tons of the Sith pack today.  Also a bunch of the Anakin Evolutions.  Bought both and am happy with both sets.  I apparently missed the Jedi Raid set according the the stock person ???  I thought that was hitting later.  She said another set was stocked this AM (supposedly the Raid set) but it may of been one of the other sets.   They are straight cases of each set.  $21.99 each.

just curious, about how many total of each set do you think there was on the shelves? at my local k-mart i only ran across one case of the anakin evolutions. thanks.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2005, 06:17 PM »

just curious, about how many total of each set do you think there was on the shelves? at my local k-mart i only ran across one case of the anakin evolutions. thanks.

I counted 7 of the Jedi vs Sith.  The woman stocking did not mention how many of the other pack there were.  I still think the other set was the Jedi vs Seperatists, but strange they were all gone.  So it kind of makes sense the other set was the Temple Raid.  I forgot to mention that the sticker on the shelf did say Jedi Temple. Does anyone know if these were suppose to be out now?

Also, the Stormtrooper Armor still appears on the package, so it looks like the same as the original mockup.  The Asajj and Anakin look like new sculpts all the way around.  The likeness of Anakin looks like what he may of looked like between the ages of EP1 and 2, but unfortuneately he has his robotic arm ???.  The Obi-Wan is a retooled EP3 fig.  Yoda and Grievous may have a bit of different paint aps but I have to compare. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 06:41 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2005, 08:38 PM »
At first i was a little upset that Kmart was getting the Clone set, but since its being released as a solo figure, i am not worrying anymore. I did find the cantina set easily there though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Got the Jedi vs. Sith set today...

Yoda - useless pack-in to me, but oh well

Grievous - I think that Dooku or Durge would be a better, but oh well

Obi Wan - new sculpt, and a bad one at that... the armor doesn't snap on well at all, and looks pretty weak when it does... his head also looks too wide

Ventress - great addition to this set, much better than the previous version, her face is so evil and the skirt is better... her boobs look bigger too

Anakin - the prize of the set for me... I love this figure... good articulation/sculpt and all that... right leg won't move too well, and I saw someone post somewhere that theirs snapped off so I'll leave that leg alone

Overall, worth picking up to me for the Ventress and Anakin.  The other three figures are turds in my opinion, but the kids might like this set.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I saw it the other day and opted out of buying it.  Is that Yoda the same as one of the ROTS figs?  I haven't bought any yet to compare. 

Clearly the Obi and Anakin were different enough, but I didn't feel I needed more of them. 

The whole reason for wanting it was the armor, but then I thought nah, why bother.  Hasbro will just let me buy this POS then resculpt it (honestly, how hard is it to slap an Obi head on a clone figure?) and sell it singly.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2005, 11:35 PM »
I think it was determined earlier that it's Yoda from the Saga Yoda & Chian pack, the same mold used for the Holo Yoda.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Holy Crap! 

I'm digging that Target 5-pack of Clones!

Now THAT is what these 5-packs should be, FIVE pure army builders for a good price! 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender