Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67276 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2005, 05:04 PM »
WOW! I was going to post this same thing about the belt. I hadn't heard of anyone else noticing that original  version was "flipped". Awesome!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2005, 05:11 PM »
WOW! I was going to post this same thing about the belt. I hadn't heard of anyone else noticing that original  version was "flipped". Awesome!

I sure as hell didn't notice. I read it on one of the forums. I doubt I would ever have had a clue.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 22, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Under the category "WTF", the "corrected" #41 has the thingies on the belt pointing down. On page 7 of the ORTS Visual Dictionary, the Clone Trooper is clearly wearing a belt with them pointing up.

WTF?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Hey, waitaminute... Maybe these haven't been corrected. ??? All my 41s have belts pointing down. It's my Target clones and CW SAs that point up... My bad.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2005, 01:06 AM »
So I was popping apart a #41 SA CLone the other day and I noticed something...  This seemed to answer a question I have pondered and I know others were wondering so I thought I'd post about it.

The belt, which I guess is upside down?  Well, I don't think Hasbro ever flipped the belt becuase there's notches in the rim of the belt that hold it in place on the figure's waist.  The notches are for some tabs that are part of the figure's waistline to fit into, and it would have required changing the mold (which really isn't possible, it would require a new mold actually) so the belt could be reversed.  The tabs/notches to keep the belt in place are what kept the belt from being turned rightside up during production runs.  At least this is what i'm guessing. was the cause ultimately.

Just thought some may find this interesting...  I can't see Hasbro changing the molds at all, not worth the cost to them, and the belt wouldn't sit right otherwise.  Makes sense to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2005, 02:47 AM »
Some of them are correct, though. The Target Neyo clone for one...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2005, 04:17 AM »
The Target Clone's a different sculpt.  It's the Clone Wars SA Clone...  The Shadow Troop is the same.  The #41's an entirely new sculpt.  The legs are a little better for posing due to how the hip is sculpted, that's the easiest way to tell them apart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2005, 05:42 PM »
The Target Clone's a different sculpt.  It's the Clone Wars SA Clone...  The Shadow Troop is the same.  The #41's an entirely new sculpt.  The legs are a little better for posing due to how the hip is sculpted, that's the easiest way to tell them apart.

I'll be damned. Aside from the hole for the antenna, I thought it was the same fig.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 25, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Same here!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: December 26, 2005, 03:19 AM »
Yeah, it's easy to miss if you don't pop the figure open, or if you have it loose too really, but I know a number of people didn't catch it because they kept stuff on the card...  It's good of Hasbro to re-use that sculpt, it really is a great one, but at the same time I think the #41's superior even with the big slit in the back.  It's just a hair bit more crisp and sharp looking to my eyes.

The Clone Wars Clone is nothing to blow your nose at.  I'd take that sculpt any day of the week if it meant more on the pegs...  :)  Personally, I think Hasbro should be mixing up paint variations by using both the #6 and #41 sculpts, such as with the upcoming Utapau Grunt...  Distribute it heavily with both sculpts, make everyone happy...  And don't overdo it with paint variants.  You have (supposedly) the time, so don't require that all these molds need to be in use for all these different paintjobs at one time...  The Tact. Ops Clone would've been much better received if the #41 or #6 sculpts had been shipped along with the TE Gunner sculpt in the blue paintjob in an effort to satiate some demand...  Instead I guess the other sculpts were indisposed creating other "clones" at the same time.

Anyway, side rant there, sorry...

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 26, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I wish they had stuck the AT-TE Gunners head on a 41's body, it would have made me and probably a few other people happy.
The legs on the gunner is great...a little iffy but they're good.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2005, 11:58 PM »
i agree, though i also wish they would have kept to the prototype and done the #65 on the 41 body :/
-Dhivael