Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67288 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2005, 12:32 PM »
The only possible explanation is that it costs more money to produce and assemble the figure with extra parts and they're (as always) keeping their costs down knowing that the #6 clone will sell too.

I could be wrong, but that's all I've been able to come up with.

Yeah, it has to be something like that.   They can not be totally clueless to the fact that the SA version is better than the #6 and that most people would rather have the SA version.   Unless it's somehow easier to add the paint and detail to #6 rather than #41 somehow? 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Wouldn't a #6 clone have more working parts though? What kind of configuration and or mechanizm is used to get the quickdraw action?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2005, 04:32 PM »
just give us SA! it is all about the same plastic, what's their slave labor extra to install the 14 articulation points anyway? 2 cents a figure? =p
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2005, 03:20 AM »
Luck was a lady tonight.  Hit my closest Walmart because I can't sleep and found two cases of figures.  Was a sneaky Wookiee and opened them, and got me two Shocktroopers and two AT-RT drivers.

Wow, the AT-RT Driver might be better than the #41 Clone... the articulation is spectacur and these dudes just look plain mean.

The Shocktroopers are unreal... the paint job on these is way beyond my expectations.  Perfectly done.  Glad for once that I didn't try to customize my own.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Mean toys? >:( Lucky.

I never find new cases. The only "new cases" I ever saw were the cases at Midnight Madness. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 1, 2005, 07:45 AM »
An obsevation to throw out there....

I popped open a Shocktooper, an I kinda feel that for being on a #6 body, it came out pretty nice. In fact, the paint scheme tens to redirect your eyes away from the clunky ball jointed shoulders sockets. Does anyone else agree?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 1, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I would not know.  I have not found one yet but I want one really, really badly.  Well I want more than one but you know what I meant. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 1, 2005, 09:41 PM »
A question about the repaints of the Clones....are they still Numbered #6 and #41 for the Clones and whatever the numbers were for Clone Commanders and Pilots?

Or are they higher up in number?

I keep sending my "scouts" on runs but I don't have the proper intel for them.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: August 1, 2005, 10:08 PM »
A question about the repaints of the Clones....are they still Numbered #6 and #41 for the Clones and whatever the numbers were for Clone Commanders and Pilots?

Or are they higher up in number?

I keep sending my "scouts" on runs but I don't have the proper intel for them.

These are the only repaints that do have the same numbering -

#6 Clone Trooper (Red Shocktrooper)
#33 Clone Commander (Green)
#34 Clone Pilot (Black)

The rest of the new repaints are numbered #57-68.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 5, 2005, 01:28 PM »
The red shock looks awesome..right down to the grey painted boot soles.  They look awesome in formation(my son has an army(he's 11))

The black pilots also look really good in the ROTS ARC170. I dunno- I think the black ones look far superior to the white/grey pilots

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 6, 2005, 12:04 PM »
The red shock looks awesome..right down to the grey painted boot soles.  They look awesome in formation(my son has an army(he's 11))

The black pilots also look really good in the ROTS ARC170. I dunno- I think the black ones look far superior to the white/grey pilots

Amazing what a little paint will do. Huh?

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 6, 2005, 08:26 PM »

Amazing what a little paint will do. Huh?

lol seriously, the black pilots are a very hot item right now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 7, 2005, 09:51 AM »

I was actually thinking about picking up a new ARC-170, taking it apart and then using my paint gun to give it a nice blue-gray paint-scheme like the TIE-Fighter. Sort of like "What the ARC-170s became AFTER the Empire was formed" mostly 'cause the one Black Pilot I have in the front cockpit looks WAY better than the white/gray one.

I wonder where this paint-app comes from. LucasFilm/ILM, Art of ROTS, etc... I think this should have been the Clone Pilot design from the start.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 7, 2005, 08:03 PM »

These are the only repaints that do have the same numbering -

#6 Clone Trooper (Red Shocktrooper)
#33 Clone Commander (Green)
#34 Clone Pilot (Black)

The rest of the new repaints are numbered #57-68.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff that helps when Looking for the stuff.

I ended up getting the Shock Troop and Green Commander on Ebay (not figuring to get to go on any Toy Runs in the near future)

The Coloring on the Shock Trooper would have lent itself better to the #41 (or the Target Clone) Body.  The removable shoulder pad does not fit well with the color scheme.  It worked well on Black/White/Gray but Red/Black and White did not.

The Green Commander's only flaw is his lack of troops to command. 

I'll probably only get 4 of the Shocktroopers and 2 Commanders.

And I know it will upset some of our members, but I am going to get the usual dozen of the new Target Stealth Clone.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 7, 2005, 08:05 PM »

The Green Commander's only flaw is his lack of troops to command. 

That, plus the fact it never appeared in a Star Wars film.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda