Author Topic: EP3 Clonetroopers  (Read 67281 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: EP3 Clonetroopers
« Reply #195 on: September 5, 2005, 10:33 PM »
I almost think those are a practical joke of some sort. Just testing to see if anyone's stupid enough to fall for it.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 5, 2005, 11:54 PM »
LOL....were YOU?? ;)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2005, 10:20 PM »
hey i shold have bid just to get another clone head for customizing and at 50 cents did not sound bad at all, screw the bionic crap!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I just got the latest issue of Star Wars Insider (#84) yesterday, and there is a neat article in there detailing the various Commanders, Legions, etc. of the "Grand Army of the Republic".  The red clone commander figure Hasbro gave us earlier this year apparently has a name, Commander Deviss.  They also name a number of other commanders, as well as give further information on the background of Bacara, Gree, Cody, Bly, etc.  Also some nice pics and descriptions of other clones, including the "Galactic Marines" (snowtrooper-styled).  Anyways, it is probably considered EU anyways, but its kind of interesting.  Definitely makes me want figures of all of these guys, can't wait for Gree, Bly, and the 501st later this year...and I'm hoping we see Cody, Galactic Marines, and others next year ;).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2005, 10:16 AM »
I'm definitely going to be picking the new Insider up when it hits the newstands.  Thanks for the lowdown mosnab! :)

Now that we know the Red Commander's name, we just have to figure out the Green Commander's name.  Also, just to jump the gun, did it happen to say where Deviss was stationed (planet, division, that kind of thing)?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I haven't had a chance to read the entire article yet, but I don't remember seeing anything about the green commander so far.  As far as Commander Deviss, I won't recount the entire section dedicated to him (for those who are still waiting to get this issue), but here's a small excerpt:

"Commander Deviss was flash-trained as a Captain and assigned to the 327th Star Corps as leader of K Company.  During the Battle of Geonosis, his battalion (Hawkbat) was ordered to march directly into the withering fire of a Separatist spider droid column.  Hawkbat was almost completely wiped out, and Deviss risked his life to stay behind in a shallow bomb crater, tending to two critically injured soldiers."

It goes on to further detail some other action (Battle of Altyr V), and also that he was promoted for his bravery and initiative by Commander Bly.  When he achieved the rank of Commander, he took on the red ARC pauldron and kama, as well as the special macro-binocular helmet attachment.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Now that we know the Red Commander's name, we just have to figure out the Green Commander's name.  Also, just to jump the gun, did it happen to say where Deviss was stationed (planet, division, that kind of thing)?

Well, given that the other Green Clone Commander's name is Gree, I'll go ahead and Dub the new Green #33 as Clone Commander Reen.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2005, 11:31 AM »
It sounds like the article goes fairly in-depth from the excerpt you posted, mosnab, and from the small scan of the ARC Trooper/Jet Pack Clone section that SW.com put up last week.  I don't care so much for the EU stuff usually, but I'm really looking forward to picking this up to expand my knowledge base on the Clones.

Well, given that the other Green Clone Commander's name is Gree, I'll go ahead and Dub the new Green #33 as Clone Commander Reen.  :P

Hey, it's got to be better than other names in the SW galaxy.  "Elan Sleazebaggano" anyone?  :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2005, 11:48 AM »

What about Commander Grün

(Grün is German for Green) ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 20, 2005, 11:51 AM »
[quote author=Jeff link=topic=8518.msg163152#msg163152

Nice try Jeff ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 20, 2005, 01:53 PM »
I haven't had a chance to read the entire article yet, but I don't remember seeing anything about the green commander so far.  As far as Commander Deviss, I won't recount the entire section dedicated to him (for those who are still waiting to get this issue), but here's a small excerpt:

"Commander Deviss was flash-trained as a Captain and assigned to the 327th Star Corps as leader of K Company.  During the Battle of Geonosis, his battalion (Hawkbat) was ordered to march directly into the withering fire of a Separatist spider droid column.  Hawkbat was almost completely wiped out, and Deviss risked his life to stay behind in a shallow bomb crater, tending to two critically injured soldiers."

It goes on to further detail some other action (Battle of Altyr V), and also that he was promoted for his bravery and initiative by Commander Bly.  When he achieved the rank of Commander, he took on the red ARC pauldron and kama, as well as the special macro-binocular helmet attachment.

Well, the new explanation of the red #33 commander we got is a tad more sophisticated than Hasbro's original explanation of "Whoops!!  Um, that's Bly and he turned out to be yellow instead.  Sorry."
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 20, 2005, 04:39 PM »
 ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Grun?  Not bad, I like that Jay...

The article's good, but not as in-depth as I was expecting.  For instance there's very little about Neyo in it and hell, he was in the movie!

Some interesting stuff though, including the first time I've read anything from LFL explaining the usefulness of the Kama (which basically mimiced fan speculation).  Also was interested when I read the "Marines" uniform was for all kinds of climates and wasn't cold-weather specific.  I'm still gonna say the ones in ESB are just the Stormies cold weather uniforms like handing out trench and mackinaw coats to GI's in the Bulge, but their getups were developed from the CW "Marines".  It gave good reasons for the gear though being useful on other harsh planets.

Very curious read...  Some of it strikes me as fanciful and sorta BS (typical EU) but some of it was really neat to read too.  I just wish it was more in-depth because I know it could've been.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Anyone pick up any #41s lately? I just opened one and noticed the dookie marks on the armor are a lot heavier than the earlier ones I've bought. Looks pretty good.

Hey, they turned the belt rightside up, too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 02:30 PM by Ook »

SilverZ

« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2005, 05:53 PM »
Hey, they turned the belt rightside up, too.

Ah, crap. I'd given up on them ever fixing that so I've been ignoring these when I spot them. I'll have to pick up a couple correct ones.