Author Topic: ThePerennial's Customs *Upated August 23rd, '06! 1:1 scale mando armor progress*  (Read 25611 times)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: ThePerennial's Customs
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 01:47 AM »
Lol, Don't worry, Dimetrodon, We're all pretty sure you're sane :P

Oh yes, And the gun was made from pieces of the SAGA deluxe jango fett. I like how it turned out.

Offline jor_supersid

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 09:10 PM »
great use of parts for the Nikto Jedi  the legs really set it apart from other jedi but keep i in the same feel of there attire shown

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Hope to see some more customs from you soon Perennial... so far I really am impressed with your work.   :)

:P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 3, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Hope to see some more customs from you soon Perennial... so far I really am impressed with your work.   :)

I'm going to update tomorrow with more pics of My smuggler custom (I decided to paint him with glossy black over the white parts), a Bespin Luke Work In Progress, and pics of my masterpiece-- my JASTER MEREEL custom!

I love how he's turned out and I used a red that wasn't so profound as other jaster customs, in fact I tried to match the red that was on the boba fett's helmet (So it's a maroon, rather) so I only needed to paint the shoulderpads, and I think I did a pretty good job matching it. I think it goes better with the whole look and stays as true to the open seasons comic as I could get.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 11:44 PM by ThePerennial »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 4, 2005, 12:43 AM »
Well we're all looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for us.  You really like Mandalorians, right?  Have you ever considered making any fan-fic ones?  There just seem to be so many possibilities now for different types of imaginative creations with all of the different Clone Trooper parts that could be used.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2005, 01:45 AM »
Well we're all looking forward to seeing what surprises you have in store for us.  You really like Mandalorians, right?  Have you ever considered making any fan-fic ones?  There just seem to be so many possibilities now for different types of imaginative creations with all of the different Clone Trooper parts that could be used.

I have a fanfic mandalorian in the works, but the changes aren't too extravagant. the only change is I'm using a djas phur belt instead of a boba fett belt. when I do customs I try to make them as believeable as un over-the-top as I can without being too boring. That way my customs seldom come out looking cheezy (or at least I hope so).

I want to do a montross real soon, too. I'm also in the works of doing a Ghez Hokan custom; the mandalorian from the republic commando novel.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 4, 2005, 10:23 AM »
I'll gather some pics of my custom Mandalorians to show you if you want.  They're all fan fic, so I guess a few might be what you'd call cheezy.   ;)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 4, 2005, 11:35 AM »
looking foward to your bespin luke, I have one in the works all I really have to do is seal him and take pix.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 6, 2005, 04:49 AM »
These are big pictures, so I'm only going to post one and then link you to the rest of them. It's a custom of Jaster Mereel: Jango Fett's mentor and mandalorian bad@$$ extraordinaire. I hope you guys like it! (After taking the pics, I noticed that I missed a spot on his helmet, but corrected that right after. I feel that I got the colours right. The red isn't to profound; it's more of a maroon, but I'm still pleased with it. The dark brown jumpsuit is a good colour, but the flash on the samera makes it looks more glossy than it really is. It's a dull dark brown and not a glossy dark brown IRL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010013.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010012.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010014.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010016.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010018.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010021.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/P1010025.jpg
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 04:51 AM by ThePerennial »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ThePerennial's Customs *UPDATED FRI AUG. 5th*
« Reply #24 on: August 6, 2005, 05:24 AM »
I love it! :)

Excellent use of parts, The VOTC Fett is perfect for Mandalorians, and the Jango legs blend perfectly. I love the gun, that bayonet blade is awesome. I think some silver drybrushing on the gun could really help it, it would show off all the cools detail better, and help it's apperance. I'm not sure if the flash washed it out, but I think you could add a wee bit of weathering to Jaster too, maybe just ding up the red shoulders abiot, and add a few dings to the armor elsewhere, it really doesn't need much at all but I think a little bit will improve it. I agree with your choice of colors, they seem to be a perfect match from what I can tell, very nicely done. :)
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 6, 2005, 05:31 AM »
I think I'll retouch on jaster when I'm a more experienced painter. I'm not the best at painting dings and scratches and what not, so I wouldn't know where to begin! Time to check FFURG I guess. also, I agree; Drybrushing  jaster's blaster rifle would make it look a lot better.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 6, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Cool! Thats pretty good stuff there. Makes me wish that I had nabbed mroe than one VOTC fett.
I really like the detailing on him and that Gun is really great? what did you use to make it?
Also, which part of open seasons did you use in reference for this? just a bit curious, because I think he had some kinda marking on his chest.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 6, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Holy ____!  That's awesome!  One of the best Mandalorians I've ever seen anyone make.

Good use of parts, and the blend together perfectly.  His armor looks like real metal; great paint job!  When you begin more dry brushing/paint damage, this guy will be a perfect 10.

This makes most of the ones I've made look like crap.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 6, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Cool! Thats pretty good stuff there. Makes me wish that I had nabbed mroe than one VOTC fett.
I really like the detailing on him and that Gun is really great? what did you use to make it?
Also, which part of open seasons did you use in reference for this? just a bit curious, because I think he had some kinda marking on his chest.

Thanks, Dimetrodon! My Reference was from the second issue, so I should have painted the yellow markings on him. I could do it later, but for now I'll leave it as is. In the first issue he didn't have the yellow markings, so it still is accurate in that sense. The gun was from a dollar store toy soldier and I cut various parts off of it. I also added the blade of a Lando skiff guard vibrostaff. The problem with jaster's rifle is that there's no continuity with it. In some pictures, it looks like a shotgun, in others it looks like an assault rifle, and in others, it looks like a smiper rifle, so I tried to capture jaster's blaster rifle as best I could using different references.

Holy ____! That's awesome! One of the best Mandalorians I've ever seen anyone make.

Good use of parts, and the blend together perfectly. His armor looks like real metal; great paint job! When you begin more dry brushing/paint damage, this guy will be a perfect 10.

This makes most of the ones I've made look like crap.

Thanks, chewie! For his armour, here was no mixing required for his paint believe it or not. I used Tamiya acrylic "Gunmetal", which was perfect for jaster's armor plating. Thanks for the compliment, they're always appreciated!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #29 on: August 6, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Nice Mandalorian!  I'm not too familiar with Jaster, but that's a great looking custom!  The paintjob looks really clean and the parts are great.  What legs did you use?

The gun looks pretty badass, although I agree that a little drybrushing will help bring out the details.  A little weathering would be cool too, but don't do too much because your paint job looks great as it is!  8)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.