Author Topic: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter  (Read 23820 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 10:47 PM »
because 3 different versions of the same ship in a 3 month span is never enough...

let's make the Purple Windu version from the Cartoon! 

And a nice Orange version for Saesee Tiin too!

Keep 'em coming, Hasbro!   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54 PM »

And a nice Orange version for Saesee Tiin too!

Keep 'em coming, Hasbro!   ::)

Only if we get him in that cool armor, too!  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 10:42 AM »
So Jared, since you found this at retail (you California guys get everything first  :P ) last night, could you answer a question I had about the Obi-Wan figure and R4-G9?

This goes on the assumption that you've opened it, but I was just wondering if:

1-Does the Obi-Wan figure come with a pilot headset like Anakin?  Even though the figure is kind of obsolete already with the Pilot Version supposedly hitting now, I'd at least like to have the one in the cockpit have a headset.

2-How is the paint job on R4-G9?  In the photos from the con it looked as if the dome wasn't too detailed, and I was curious if it was still the dull look or if it was the level of the regular carded figure.

(I do have to say though that as soon as I saw the report, the first thing that came to my mind was, "Great, another Star Wars toy that Amazon will take six months to ship!")

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 01:31 PM »
Great find Jared! Is the pack in figure the same as the Obi-Wan Pilot figure out now? Does it have a soft goods cape and head gear?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 08:36 PM »
I haven't opened it yet -- why, I don't know. At some point my priorities switched from ripping them open right away to keeping them boxed. But from the best I can tell through the package:

I can see the tray with the accessories in it just behind Obi, and it has the saber-attached hand and seperate saber hilt from the first ROTS Obi, plus a headset. Obi looks exactly the same as the original and Target cup versions. No robe to be seen.

The droid is not impressive, just a basic two color gold and silver paint, no better or worse really than any of the other cheapo 1/2 droid plugs they've used in the other fighters. It's also interesting that the packaging shows the original red R4 unit from the opening space battle.

What's funny is that the five dollar less pricepoint made all the difference in the world. I really resisted the TRU Anakin ship (and never got a second one to open) but felt no pain with this one.

I'm actually fine with the repaints on these, since they're all on-screen ships. It was that extra five bucks they snuck in on the Anakin ship that annoyed me.

EDIT: Alright, I opened it. I'm trapped in an Extended Stay hotel and bored out of my mind. Here's a bit of lameness... the sticker sheet is from Anakin's sneak preview fighter, so the blast marks all have yellow behind them to match the yellow hull, and the droid stickers are blue for R2-D2.  ::) Did this happen with the TRU Green Anakin fighter as well?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 09:21 PM by Tydirium »

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Great find! I think I am going to stick with just the two I have, Anakin's (yes, my son wanted it so I was a sucker and got for the extra $5) and the red Obi Wan. I think the Obi Wan Pilot out is a much better figure from the pictures I've seen. Does the Obi Wan that comes with this fighter have articulation in the knees? 

" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Here's a bit of lameness... the sticker sheet is from Anakin's sneak preview fighter, so the blast marks all have yellow behind them to match the yellow hull, and the droid stickers are blue for R2-D2.  Did this happen with the TRU Green Anakin fighter as well?

First of all, the stickers on my Anakin Starfighter were preapplied.  It just had the "basic" stickers though (no blast marks and no Republic on one of the nose things), so I don't know if they packed some in and mine just didn't have it, or if all of them were like that.

That sucks that they messed up like that though, since now R4 won't really have a body.  Hasbro's usually been pretty good about sending replacement parts/sticker sheets for current items (at least with me), so you might want to go to their website and email them.

Thanks for the heads up on the figure though, and I hope that things get less boring there at the hotel. :)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Great find Jared! Is the pack in figure the same as the Obi-Wan Pilot figure out now? Does it have a soft goods cape and head gear?

I haven't been paying attenting to the upcoming figures - I thought the carded pilot Obi had a cloth cape, not a plastic one.

I think I'll buy the pilot and ship individually.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 11:55 PM »

I haven't been paying attenting to the upcoming figures - I thought the carded pilot Obi had a cloth cape, not a plastic one.

You can always do what I did DP. I put an Ep. I Jedi Clock on Obi from the accessory packs that came out with Ep. I.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2005, 08:19 AM »
I got two of those sets when they were out TBD - Mace is using one of the cloaks and I forget where the other one went, maybe AOTC Aayla?

The extra lightsabers have been nice to have around. My kids are too little for the two piece versions and seem to break the little peg off just carrying them around. We've added the accessory set extras in and there are enough for everyone, and I dont mind when I find one on the floor bent at a 90 degree angle.

I really need to keep my eyes open for more "extra" sabers. I'm sure the ones we have now won't last forever.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Well, this is showing as "In Stock: Ships In 24 Hours" at Amazon right now, for whatever it's worth.

Just for ***** and giggles, I checked the status of my order that I placed around the first of this month.

"Expected Ship Date: September 6, 2005.  Expected arrival date: September 9, 2005-September 12, 2005."   ::)

If I was a rich man, I would place another order for it just to see which one would ship first.   :)

EDITING FOR UPDATE:  I figured that, given Amazon's slowness lately in terms of status updates, I should have enough time to place a second order for the now in stock JSF, and be able to cancel the previous order I placed earlier this month in plenty of time.  And what do you know, I was right.

My order, placed today, about ten minutes ago, is supposedly going to ship on August 1st, 2005.

My preorder, now cancelled, placed on July 3rd, 26 days ago, was still listed as shipping on September 6, 2005, over a month from now.

So, now we have proof that preorders don't mean **** at Amazon/TRU these days (at least in my case).  Just wanted to give all you folks that preordered the Clone Evolutions set a heads-up in case this type of thing happened again.   :-\
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:50 AM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Just to add some further humor to this situation, I've been without net access since I made the previous post in this thread, and when I checked my email just now, I had already received a shipment notification email from Amazon for the second order I placed on Friday.

It'd be funny if it didn't seem like such a bad omen.  :) :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 1, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Amazon is messed up on shipping.  I placed my order yesterday and it is shipping today.  Already have the Track #.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 1, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Finally saw this at TRU and it looked horrible. Too plain and too white. if they made the white part silver or grey like the maroon one, i rather even consider getting it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 2, 2005, 01:24 AM »
I'm quoting my comments from elsewhere with this post, but I feel like this summed up my thoughts on this vehicle:

Here's a bit of a surprise.  Having had something of a hard time getting the TRU exclusive green Anakin Skywalker Jedi Starfighter, I decided I would snatch up the blue Obi-Wan Kenobi TRU exclusive Jedi Starfighter as soon as I saw one at retail.  Sure enough this morning I found one.

Thing is, there was something of a surprise.  The first time I saw the green Anakin fighter I took note of one thing in particular.  All of the stickers were applied at the factory and you could see them all on the vehicle because of the window box.  Fast forward to today and I see the Obi-Wan fighter.  Guess what?  No pre-applied stickers!

Frankly, I was very happy and almost relieved when I saw the pre-applied stickers on the Anakin fighter.  It was so difficult to get the stickers on the Assault Vehicle assortment Anakin and Obi-Wan fighters that the ones in the cockpit didn't look so great when I got done.  I was hoping Hasbro would extend the same luxury to us on this ship as well.  I'm wondering now why Hasbro opted not to put them on Obi-Wan's fighter.  It just seems kind of arbitrary.

Another thing:  the price.  I got the Anakin fighter for $29.99 less than a month ago.  today I bought the Obi-Wan fighter and it was $24.99.  Is anyone finding this lack of consistency a little weird, or is it just me?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback