Author Topic: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan  (Read 30334 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Lava Reflection Anakin and Obi-Wan
« Reply #75 on: October 9, 2005, 10:39 AM »
I had sworn to myself that I wasn't even going to bother with these unless I saw them hanging around, and even then it would be questionable.  So, after reading everyone else talk about theirs and how unexpectedly nice they were, I figured, "What the hell?"

Of course, I had to use the DCPI trick to get them, but I am happy with them.  As nice as Jared's photos are (the best I've seen online, naturally), pictures don't really do them justice.  Seeing them in person, even if you don't buy them, the "glaze" is so much more pronounced and appreciable.  I won't be opening mine (a rare event in my collection) since I have too many 1's and 2's as it is right now, but even then, the packaging overall is a nice way of displaying the figures.

Even though I know there is a loose street date of sorts on these figures and the other Target exclusives, I think I have finally figured everything out.  Target says they want everyone to have an equal chance at getting collectible items, and I think that keeping them in the back is their way of doing so.  Of course, by keeping them in the back, nobody really has a chance at getting them, so in a way, we all do have an equal chance of finding the things.  :P

And seriously, for what has to be the millionth time I've said this, street dates for toys are completely ridiculous. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 9, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Well, the good reviews keep coming in, and I keep leaning toward purchasing these. At first I was going to pass, but if Doctor Padawan likes something, you know you HAVE to get it. :P

I'll still wait and make my final decision once I see them in person.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I keep thinking that they are going to run them in next weeks circular.  Maybe that's why they are holding them until 10/16?

Offline OCEAN

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2005, 05:35 PM »
 Today I I payed another visit to Target to buy the Attack on Coruscant set. I noticed that they had an end cap set up for them so I didnt have to use the dcpi#. Anyways, I noticed that one of the lava figures (darth vader) had the wrong figure in the package. Instead of the lava reflection vader/anakin, it was the #28 sith-eye. The cardback, decals and cardboard insert are all the same as the other anakin and obi lava figures.
     I went ahead and bought the exclusive. Im working on getting a picture of it for you guys. Im not sure how to do the whole cut and paste thing. I would like to send the pic to one of you to get it posted. I would also like to hear any thoughts that any of you have relating to this find.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2005, 08:45 PM »
I noticed that one of the lava figures (darth vader) had the wrong figure in the package. Instead of the lava reflection vader/anakin, it was the #28 sith-eye.

It sounds like someone did the ol' switcherooney - bought the Lava Anakin and returned the package with the Sith Eyes Anakin in its place.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2005, 10:10 PM »
You know, after getting a good look at these figures, I have to say that they're not bad. I like the weathered look, but it's still not enough to get me to open a set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline OCEAN

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2005, 06:58 AM »
In regard to my earlier post on the #28 sith-eye and lava anakin/vader, I have decided to return the figure. I had taken the the carded package out of the star case and it looks to me like someone did switch them out. I believe they did it at the store; no tape was used to seal the box back up with.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Has anyone seen the shelf price marked at $12.99. I haven't see this in the several Targets I've seen the end cap at.

Is the price marked in the add?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 01:04 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2005, 01:46 PM »
My 4 locals Targets have the price stickers at 12.99 right on the pegs.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I've been collecting the price tags from Target on their exclusive figures to go along with them.  Lame, yes.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Is anyone surprised that these are actually sitting on the shelves?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2005, 12:20 PM »
Nope.  Actually I'm not surprise that Plo koon's fighter is sitting as well.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I'm not surprised at all - hell, I am even thinking about returning them.

$26 for two repainted figures is ridiculous.   >:(

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2005, 02:37 PM »
There were aton of these at my local Taget this morning, and for $13+tax a pop, and there on the shelf they will stay.  Ugh, these are god awful looking, worse than in the pics, I didn't even bother picking these up off the shelf to look at.  Scalpers pockets usually don't run to deep, so I imagine they will remain there for a little while.  Especially since the reg figs are discounted at $4.31ea.

At $13 a pop, for 3 little figs, you could get a nice mini-bust for less!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are Hasbro and Target thinking?
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I found these last night on an endcap like most everyone else.  What was strange is that there were a good 25-30 Anakins and only 2 Obi-Wans ???

They also had about 10 of the Clone 5-packs.