Author Topic: Hasbro SDCC 2005 QnA  (Read 11343 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Hasbro SDCC 2005 QnA
« on: July 15, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Scheduled for today at 3:30pm (local time)...

What do you think we'll hear?  Same old Corporate BS?  Matt goes berzerk?  Only a few more hours to go, so I'll kill the time with wild random speculation (just rumors and speculation, no truth here yet).

Here's my guesses:

1.  Return of OTC in 2006 with 4 AWESOME new figures from a Jabba's Palace Wave... immediately followed by 15 repack figures!  Then Summer 2006, we'll get ane awesome wave of 3Cantina figures... followed by 15 more repaints/repacks!   :P

2.  Titanium Forged line of 3.75" figures - Fett, followed by Vader, Stormie, maybe IG-88.  $15 each but maybe there will be cool dioramas with them (like Attakus only waaay cheaper)?

3.  Matt stands up and throws a chair at Hasbro when they refuses to tell him how they calculated for 500th Vader.

4.  Someone asks them a question about EU and they ignore it (as usual).

Boy, I can't wait to see how close I am!   :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Hasbro SDCC 2005 QnA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Any possibility of posting an audio recording of the Q&A? I mean seriously?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:46 PM »
I'm actually really looking forward to see what comes out of the Q and A.  I guess I'm just holding out hope that we'll hear some great news for the post-ROTS line, because overall I think the "future" stuff we've seen thus far has been a tad disappointing.  Not to say I don't like the clones and everything, but I guess I don't feel we've been "wowed".  I think that Jeff is on track with what will happen, and I would really like to see/hear what Matt sends their way today ;).  I'm looking forward to seeing their excuse on the 7" Unleashed line, but I'm guessing it will be "retail support" or "pricepoint".  That, and they will tell us how "incredibly well" the Attacktix and Force Battlers lines have done, and that they have "big plans" for them ;).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Predictions:

All Sandtroopers questions are prefaced by the word awesome

All RS questions are prefaced by we love what you're doing...

All JD questions are ignored, but Colman provides comic relief by  providing a running commentary. 

Two guys on the panel don't look smug, they know Hasbro is putting out crap; the rest are smug, arrogant and evasive.  The two get paid less than the rest.

There's general uproar about Unleashed which is brushed off because it doesn't sell as well as Attacktix.  Remember of course that Hasbro measures sales not in dollars or at the retail level, but by sheer number of units that leave their warehouse. 

A lava Boba Fett is announced as a Fall Target exclusive at $19.99, who the hell cares if he was never on Mustafar. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Predictions:

A lava Boba Fett is announced as a Fall Target exclusive at $19.99, who the hell cares if he was never on Mustafar. 

You want one or two?? :-*
Beth

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I want that Lava Fett. :o

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 03:09 PM »

Classic :).  Sadly, it might not be far from the truth.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Predictions:

You want one or two?? :-*

One will be fine :-X :-[  (shuffles sheepishly from the room)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 04:22 PM »
then soon followed by mustafar lava glow palpatine and two of the new red shock troopers, each for $21.99 and limited to a 500 piece run and obviously - a target exclusive  :P
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Get audio and post it. =)
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 04:40 PM »
It would be great if Matt goes all Bob Knight at the Hasbro reps and gets kicked out of Comic Con forever.  Picks up his chair and hurls it across the Q & A stage.  He'll be yelling and cussing up a storm while wearing a Hooters shirt signed by the ladies last night (assuming they went there last night).  The JD staffers that are there carry him up on their shoulders as they exit the building.  Phillip Wise takes over Hasbro and it becomes Wise Guy Figures Inc.

Seriously it will be the same song and dance.  Only this year they will mention numerous times how well the 3 3/4 figures have sold.  How stores can't even keep things on the shelves because it's so awesome and popular. 

The time is now right to introduce new lines to all the new collectors that have been brought in by the new movies.  This will help ensure that new collectors stay with us.

Titanium is a line we are all very excited about.  With awesome renderings of 3 3/4 figures we are sure everyone will wanna plunk down $15 for each and everyone of these immediately. 

Yes, the Tonnika Sisters are coming this year!!!  We all know you are excited about that.  Here are the other 19 repacks coming with them. 

On and on.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 04:43 PM »
I can't find the original post, but here is what to expect...

WELCOME TO THE HASBRO RANDOM RESPONSE GENERATOR!

Here are your options:

1.  "We realize that there is quite a bit of demand for (character/vehicle/beast) and we are looking for ways to reincorporate (said item) into the line."

2.  "We have a lot of exciting things in store for (year), so keep your eyes on starwars.hasbro.com and starwars.com for the latest information."

3.  "We would love to do vehicles at a larger scale/at all, but retail is not willing to make a substantial order to make this cost efficient for us."

4.  "We are aware there is a large swell of fan support for Commander Cody, and we would love to do it."

5.  "Unleashed just wasn't selling well enough at the present scale to justify continuing the line.  We think that collectors and new fans alike will be extremely pleased with the new scale, which we will debut sometime in early 2006 before Toy Fair."

6.  "It's too early to talk about that right now, but we have some exciting things in store for next year."

7.  "No plans to revisit that particular character/vehicle/beast at this time."

8.  "If you are unable to find items at retail, the fault lies with the retailers.  The next time you are in Target/WM/TRU/Big Lots, tell the manager how much you want them to support Star Wars toys, and if enough people talk, they will listen."

9.  "We have received 100% positive feedback from fans on the Attacktix line, and it is quickly becoming one of our main lines for future development."

10.  "Kids love the Force Battlers line and most retailers can't keep them in stock.  We have tons of new ideas for this line, which we believe could rival the regular action figure line in the next few years."

11.  "We had some bumps with the initial opening of the Hasbro Toy Shop website, but keep checking back, as we will be unveiling many exciting items on the site in the weeks and months to come!"

12.  "Philip Wise gets free toys from us for kissing our asses."

Now, let's see how many of those actually get said this evening.  :)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 05:05 PM »
It would be great if Matt goes all Bob Knight at the Hasbro reps and gets kicked out of Comic Con forever.  Picks up his chair and hurls it across the Q & A stage.  He'll be yelling and cussing up a storm while wearing a Hooters shirt signed by the ladies last night (assuming they went there last night).  The JD staffers that are there carry him up on their shoulders as they exit the building.

Aw man, that's beatiful! *wipes away a tear* ;D
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 07:50 PM »
This seems to be what was said, from Galactic Hunter

"Target Exclusive Stealth Clone Trooper.
Target Exclusive Clone Attack on Coruscant with five Clone Troopers on a Republic Gunship backdrop.
Wal*Mart Exclusive Cinemacast Darth Vader based on Revenge of the Sith.
Wal*Mart Exclusive Separation of the Twins: Bail Organa with Leia; Obi-Wan Kenobi with Luke coming this fall.

The Saga Collection will see the return of the classic black and silver packaging.

Wave 1: Leia Boushh, Han Solo in Carbonite, and Bib Fortuna all three are new sculpts. Waves will be themed based on battles and settings. All of the figures will have bases with the characters' names on them.

The Unleashed line is on hiatus.

All of the repaints that were shown by GalacticHunter earlier this week have been officially confirmed by Hasbro. "
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Wow. Three "new" figures.  Three.

Three!!

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com