Author Topic: Batter up! The 2003 JD Baseball Thread...  (Read 56748 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Batter up! The JD Baseball Thread...
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2003, 05:54 PM »
I wish the Twins luck.  I know I'd rather have the Yanks facing them than the White Sox.  No offense, Scott.   ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2003, 06:41 PM »
Offense taken, the Twins have the best record in Baseball since the All-Star Break, chew on that

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2003, 06:55 PM »
Go Cubs and White Sox!   8)
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2003, 07:14 PM »
As historic as it would be, I'm not quite sure it's in the cards for this year.  Sure, NY had the subway series, but the odds of two teams from the same city making it to the series are astronomical.  That, and the baseball realist in me doesn't see it happening.  But, I think that would be great for baseball.

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2003, 07:15 PM »
I'd love to see the White Sox and the Cubs play in the World Series, but I know that's a huge long shot.  Then again, I'm not really a baseball fan.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2003, 07:17 PM »
Go Cubs and White Sox!   8)
I thought you hated baseball???

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2003, 07:20 PM »

You're right, I don't like baseball.  But if both of my Chicago teams are doing well and will be in the playoffs, then I'm going to root for them anyway.  I don't mind going to a baseball game, but I wouldn't watch it on TV... just gets boring after a while.
dustrho

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2003, 07:31 PM »
Another wasted year in Montreal for the Expos. Now they're going to be here another year. I really wish they would just leave already. The city wants no parts of them or MLB.
Shawn

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2003, 11:49 PM »

You're right, I don't like baseball.  But if both of my Chicago teams are doing well and will be in the playoffs, then I'm going to root for them anyway.  I don't mind going to a baseball game, but I wouldn't watch it on TV... just gets boring after a while.

Well I wouldn't count on the South Side team making the playoffs...Magic Number = 7

Twins play 7 games against the Tigers, coincidence?  Hopefully they come out and smell blood and seal the deal by the weekend to give some guys some rest.

Plus depending on how the A's and Yanks finish, the Twins could catch a break and play the A's again who they have dominated and then sweep the Yanks in the ALCS and then win their 3rd Title in 16 years which is still two more than the Cubs, Red Sox and White Sox have won in over 200 combined years :-*

GO TWINS!  AGAIN!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2003, 07:21 AM »
Another wasted year in Montreal for the Expos. Now they're going to be here another year. I really wish they would just leave already. The city wants no parts of them or MLB.

Not that I'm an Expos fan but I think a huge part of their failure is Selig's brilliant plan to have them play in Puerto Rico, where they averaged a paltry 12,000 fans a game.  They were basically a road team the entire year.  That's gotta wear on you.

Red Sox magic number is 8 for the wild card, which would line them up against the A's in the first round, thus having the Twins face the Yankees.

[size=8]GO RED SOX!!!![/size]
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2003, 10:46 PM »
And the magic number is 6!  The Sox are going to need to win out (10-0) and have the Twins go 4-4...not bloody likely.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2003, 02:27 AM »
Plus depending on how the A's and Yanks finish, the Twins could catch a break and play the A's again who they have dominated and then sweep the Yanks in the ALCS and then win their 3rd Title in 16 years which is still two more than the Cubs, Red Sox and White Sox have won in over 200 combined years :-*

GO TWINS!  AGAIN!

The most likely playoff scenario right now is this:  Yanks playing the Twins in the first round, and the A's playing the Red Sox (because of the divisional wild card rule).  I can't believe the Mariner's collapsed the way they have.  I think they might be missing Sweet Lou more than they're saying.

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2003, 11:49 AM »
Talk about rolling over, the White Sox went from first place by 2 1/2 games a week and a half ago to down by 5-1/2 today.  They might not even make 2nd place!  

Twins Magic number is now 2...bring on the Yankees!

They have really no shot to beat the Yankees I feel right now.  I think the Twins have won one game in 2 years against them.  They seem to have some sort of mental block whenever they meet.  The only thing going for them is they are the hottest team in baseball and have really come around from early in the year when their staff was atrocious.

I think they could win but I'll be as shocked as all of the Yankee fans if they actually do it.  And if they do win it would be another big up yours to Bud Selig for trying to kill them last year...you bastard

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2003, 11:55 AM »
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!  This wild card race is like the Death Star Trench run.  Almost there.  Almost there.  5 games and counting. ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2003, 07:13 PM »
The Yankees magic number is down to 1!  Bring on the White Sox, and let's win another Eastern Division Title!

Feedback