Author Topic: What Do You Collect?  (Read 3579 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
What Do You Collect?
« on: November 24, 2002, 01:38 AM »
As the title mentions, What do you collect?
Do you collect loose, carded, MISB, figures or vehicles & playsets?
I my self collect all of the above. I started to collect loose but have now focused on upgrading. I do have some figures carded as well as vehicles & playsets.
My loose figure collection is complete with some variations.
I would like to get more variations as time goes on.

So tell us what you collect.  :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re:What Do You Collect?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 08:55 PM »
When I was a kid I had well over 100 different vintage figures, but 20 years later and I have only been able to find about 15 or so of them.  But, in the last year I have purchase a number of vintage figures, and here's the list of mine.  About 90% of them are in very good condition (tight joints, hardly any paint loss), but only about 25% of them have their original weapons).  Here's my list which is 57 strong...

2-1B
8D8 = x3
Admiral Ackbar
AT-AT Driver = x3
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout (mint on card)
Biker Scout = x10
Boba Fett = x3
Bossk
Darth Vader
FX-7 = x2
Greedo = x3
Han Solo
Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
Klaatu = x3
Lobot
Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Luke Skywalker  
Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot = x2
Nikto
R2-D2
R5-D4
Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear) = x2
Ree-Yees
Sandpeople
Snaggletooth (BLUE and C-8.5 to C-9 condition) = x2
Snaggletooh (red)
Snowtrooper
Squid Head
Stormtrooper = x3
Walrus Man = x2
Wampa
Weequay = x2
Yoda
dustrho

Offline darthskellington

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 10:50 PM »
Hi!  I collect loose action figures, vehicles, and playsets.  I collect both vintage and modern.  Most of my vintage collection I accumulated between the ages of 3 and 10, but I'm slowly picking up the rare items or upgrading beat up versions.

I guess I'm a completist, so my ideal collection would be one of every figure, vehicle, etc out of the package.  Despite collecting loose figures, I have over 100 modern carded figures.  I'm not sure why.

I also have a more than passing interest in SW autographs, comics, novels, trading cards, Sigma ceramic items, and store displays (hey, if they're free, why not?)

I'm also interested in non-SW comics, toys, and anime.  However, some bad collecting decisions have made put Star Wars as the ultimate priority.

I am the who when you call -- who's there?
I am the wind blowing through your hair.

Offline 12 in Goldenrod

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2002, 02:18 AM »
I collect vintage carded so far i got 21,i collect vintage loose missing 9 more figs,i collest vintage boxed ships and playsets(i try to get these MIB),vintage 12in dolls,modern MOC missing only 23 more to be complete,modern ships MISB missing only At-AT ,Falcon,Outrider and y-wing,modern 12in,Hell i collect it all i think!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2002, 02:18 AM by 12 in Goldenrod »

Offline Red 06

• Youngling
  • Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2002, 08:14 AM »
Loose complete figures.
Every line. I have 331 right now. Half way there! ::)
"I have no strong feelings one way or the other"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: What Do You Collect?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 04:34 PM »
As far as Vintage goes, I have a near complete set of loose figures - mostly from my childhood with a majority of the POTF holes filled in later on.  The missing Stormie Luke and Yak Face have has kept my collection from being complete for about 11 years now.  I lost some of my zest to go after them when I found out the modern line was coming (back in '95) and they'd probably be included therein.  I hope to pick them up soon just to finish off the loose figure collection.  I've got about 75% of the Vintage ships and playsets as well.

I'm hoping to start working on a carded Vintage collection this year.  My goal is to go after every figure, on it's premiere card, with no offers, in C-8.5+ condition.  That shouldn't be too tough, right?   ::)

When it comes to the modern line, I'm an absolutely obsessive compulsive Carded and Loose completist freak.  Figures, ships, playsets - everything!  Currently, I'm only missing an "opener" of the MOTDS and the Ep. 1  Battle Amidala, along with an Ep. 1 Eopie.  Those are some pretty easy to acquire and affordable pieces from what I understand...   ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 01:47 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 12:11 PM »
I collect almost anything but I focus on vintgae carded and sealed boxes. Right now I am not fussy about condition if I find things reasonable.

As modern figs go I used to be a completist but I have been thinning out some.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 08:15 PM »
I collect anything and everything from the original trilogy.  I have almost a complete set of vintage figures, about half of which are still carded.  I don't go looking for vintage figures & toys these days, because they're just so pricey.  If only I'd win the lottery....

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
  • Let my hands speak for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2003, 09:25 PM »
I collect loose. I'd like to at least get one carded figure though, so I can know what it's like to open one of them. Or I could keep it to remind me of what they look like carded. I also collect vehicles and creatures. I want to collect all of those coins, but keep buying the figures first, before the coins.

Here's what I have so far:

2-1B
4-LOM
Admiral Ackbar
AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Bib Fortuna
Boba Fett
Bossk
C-3PO
C-3PO with Removable Limbs
Chewbacca
Chief Chirpa
Darth Vader
Death Star Droid
Dengar
Droopy McCool
Emperor
Emperor's Royal Guard
FX-7
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Greedo
Hammerhead
Han Solo
IG-88
Imperial Commander
Jawa
Klaatu
Lando Calrissian
Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
Lobot
Logray
Luke Skywalker
Luke Skywalker Hoth
Max Rebo(with piano, the other two don't have instruments)
Nien Nunb
Nikto
Leia Bespin
Leia Boushh
Prune Face
R5-D4
Ree-Yees
Squid Head
Star Destroyer Commander
Stormtrooper x 2
Sy Snootles
Tusken Raider
Walrus Man
Weequay
Yoda
Zuckuss

MLC-3 Mini-Rig
Snowspeeder
Tauntaun(Closed Belly)
Y-Wing

Yeah, my vehicle collection is kind of small, but my local store isn't that great on the vehicles, but that's my collection!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 04:54 PM »
I collect(ed) loose, mint complete, no real desire to expand beyond that realm and I still need to upgrade a few figs to get to true mint status.  I love the vintage line though for all of its nostalgia :-*

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 07:03 PM »
yes to all the above.I have to get this bug in check.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.