Author Topic: Food Items Help  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Food Items Help
« on: July 17, 2005, 07:17 PM »
I started a side project of collecting food items last winter and have not gotten very far.  I know there is a ton of stuff out there, but I am somewhat on the items I pick up.  I dont want actual packaging but more so redemptions, give-a-ways, etc. 

Im looking for some feedback from people for items you may have in your collection that relate to this.  My collection is somewhat small and currently only consists of :  Burger King 31, 9 SW Hippo's, M&M figs and a couple of gumball machines. 

I am having trouble tracking down items that interest me.  I am considering collecting the Target glasses.  I have no interest in the figs, so I will go loose on this route.  Anyone have the total list of glasses released to date, as well as upcoming releases?

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Items Help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Wave I (Saga packaging)

TPM Maul
AotC Anakin
ANH Ben
ESB pilot Luke
RotJ slave Leia

Wave II (RotS packaging)

RotS Obi-Wan
RotS Clone
RotS Greivous

Wave III (RotS packaging)
ANH Han
ESB Yoda
RotJ Boba

(I'm not sure if I have wave III matched up w/ the right movies.)

Coming Soon - Wave IV (Rots packaging)

ANH Leia
ESB Vader
RotJ Stormtrooper

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 01:31 AM »
Did you get the Keebler cookie jars?  You can still find the specially marked packages in some discount stores, like Big Lots.

For more info and a printable order form:

http://www.kelloggs.com/promotions/starwars/gg_cookie_jars.shtml

Other food-related premiums available in the U.S. earlier this year (you'll have to hunt for the marked packaging now):

Crispix mail-in: R2-D2 snack bowl
Eggos mail-in: Star Wars FX Plate

Both these say "Offer good while supplies last"
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2005, 02:41 AM »
I always liked the lenticular cards that came in Doritos and other chips. The Frito Lay plastic puzzle pieces were fun too.

http://www.starwarscards.net/1997doritos.htm

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2005, 02:39 PM »
Not sure if this is something you're looking for, but back around the time AOTC came out, Cheerios had a mail away promotion for three 1:64 scale NASCAR cars which are about the size of the standard Hot Wheels cars.  They are all John Andretti #43, one Episode 1, Episode 2, and an OT style.  They are pretty cool and show up on ebay for fairly cheap from time to time.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2005, 02:40 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Ok, I couldn't find anywhere else to post this and I didn't want to spend all day looking for it but has anyone had much luck finding anything other than the red saber spoons in the kellogs ceral boxes?
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Ok, I couldn't find anywhere else to post this and I didn't want to spend all day looking for it but has anyone had much luck finding anything other than the red saber spoons in the kellogs ceral boxes?

Hi, and welcome to JD.

The answers you seek are in this thread.

Or, if you don't want to check it out, yes - the sabers came in blue and green but seem to be much harder to find than the red ones were.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Thanks Jeff! I'm at work so I really didn't have much time to search the boards. I've been skulking around here for awhile since the ROTS line came out. POTF2 left such a bad taste in my mouth I had quit collecting Star Wars altogether. Somehow ROTS got me back into it and I can't wait for the new Saga line, maybe now I'll get more motivated to get back into vintage collecting  :)
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2005, 03:19 AM »
Amazingly, when the cereal boxes with the lightsabers inside first came out last May, the first three boxes I bought had different colored blades.  The Force truly was with me.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff