Author Topic: How many Stormtroopers do you have in your collection?  (Read 6986 times)

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
Re: How many Stormtroopers do you have in your collection?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 05:14 PM »
In my vintage collection, I have 3 Stormtroopers.  One has been on a Dewback a little too long and got yellowed from the Tatooine suns, but he's complete.   :)

As for my "modern" collection, I have a LOT of those inaccurate fellas.

-JediTray
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Has anybody thought about buying some of the cheapo stormtroopers you can find in the under-the-counter bin for like $0.50 becaues they're so yellow that taxi cabs get jealous and tried repainting them white and adding all the black parts back where they should be with paint or a sharpie?

I'm thinking it might be a fun way to army build vintage stormtroopers without hardly any cost other than the weapons.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Has anybody thought about buying some of the cheapo stormtroopers you can find in the under-the-counter bin for like $0.50 becaues they're so yellow that taxi cabs get jealous and tried repainting them white and adding all the black parts back where they should be with paint or a sharpie?

I'm thinking it might be a fun way to army build vintage stormtroopers without hardly any cost other than the weapons.

I've actually done that as you can see in the image below. Personally, I wasn't overly happy with the results, I couldn't find a white to best match the color of the armor and my attempts on the helmet were blah to say the least...

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2005, 03:12 PM »

I've actually done that as you can see in the image below. Personally, I wasn't overly happy with the results, I couldn't find a white to best match the color of the armor and my attempts on the helmet were blah to say the least...

This is funny. I have 15 Stormies now, but 11 of them I recently got in a large lot of stuff. There were lots of army builder stuff, so they didn't focus on anything in particular in the pictures. All but one stormie was painted like the one in this picture. I spent a lot of time removing the paint and still haven't been able to get all the paint out of the mouth grill.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2005, 02:23 AM »
try using Goof-off to get the coloring out. since the stormie was molded in the white plastic, you won't take off any of the original paint behind the grill. i dont know the long term effects of the Goof-off on the plastic though, so only use a little at a time
and do it in a well vented area.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2005, 01:40 PM »
This is my only one, package is really nice. Acquired from Ian2 a few years back.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 4, 2005, 09:05 PM »

14 in varying sizes, colors, and countries of origin.  :o

If you mean licensed then it's 3, 2 from childhood and 1 from my mint set of original 12.

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 4, 2005, 09:21 PM »
Great bootlegs, John!

Here are a couple of my Kenner baggies, one heat sealed and one tape sealed.