Collectibles > Collect All 92!

Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated

<< < (29/30) > >>

Darth_Anton:
To pass the time/unwind/get my mind off more pressing matters, I've made lists of random figure stats concerning the original 92(3.)

One stat is that Warok is the only figure that has yet to be released as a single on card.

Setting name updates aside, I think this represents the latest arguable "needs to be updated" from the original 70's/80's line list:

Death Squad Commander/Star Destroyer Commander (solely because of uniform color.)
Power Droid (because of character color)
Bespin Security Guard #1 (the mustache, but I'd take a beard as pictured.)
Imperial Commander (this is an odd one since we have an updated generic black uniformed officer, but Veers is pictured.)
Rebel Commander (Derlin probably covers this one, but the guy on the vintage card has a different uniform.)
Rebel Commando (because the sculpt on the POTF2 one is way too old now.)
Imperial Dignitary (you all know why.)

There are definitely POFT2 figures that should update like EV-9D9, 8D8 and C3PO with detachable limbs, but what we've got, I feel, still holds up.

Nicklab:
It seems as if Hasbro is actively working on whittling down this list.  I think we can safely check off the Power Droid now.  As for the rest?  Some of the remaining items are pretty clear, while others are arguable. 

I'm starting to look at this from the perspective of figures that have modern renditions, but have never been released on a TVC style card - the Bespin Guard(s) come to mind.  And some of the other "modern renditions" are figures which are now over 20 years old - like the aforementioned EV-9D9, 8-D8 and C-3PO with cargo net.

Rob:
The idea that there's no Sim Aloo figure has been bugging me for over a decade now.  He creeped me out as a kid... they did two other dignitaries.

Just make a 3 pack of the rest, or a 5-pack with the others being repacked, then re-release Sim Aloo on a vintage card, and be done with it.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Rob on December 17, 2020, 11:03 AM ---The idea that there's no Sim Aloo figure has been bugging me for over a decade now.  He creeped me out as a kid... they did two other dignitaries.

Just make a 3 pack of the rest, or a 5-pack with the others being repacked, then re-release Sim Aloo on a vintage card, and be done with it.

--- End quote ---

I would love it if they did a three pack like the Skiff Guards, but only have it be three Imperial Dignitaries, each individually carded inside the larger package.

Make it a fan-channel item and be done with them once and for all...

Same thing could be done for the remaining Ewoks. I'm still surprised we don't have an updated Chief Chirpa on TVC cardback yet either...

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on December 17, 2020, 11:26 AM ---Same thing could be done for the remaining Ewoks.
--- End quote ---

They could use the digital file for that new Black Series 6" Teebo sculpt as a base to get some new TVC Ewoks out pretty easy I would think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version