Author Topic: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated  (Read 75747 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Figures Which Have Not Been Updated
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2005, 01:36 AM »
I'm gonna still hold out on the Imp. Commander Scott.  There's no black tuniced Officer yet to be made, and it's a shame.  They need those generic black uniformed guys from ANH pronto.  An ultimate army builder to me...  However...

If they released a new DST, super articulated, and included a kepi hat with him just like the 12" DST...  THAT would cover my desire for the Imp. Commander being resculpted in vintage form.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I'm gonna still hold out on the Imp. Commander Scott.  There's no black tuniced Officer yet to be made, and it's a shame.  They need those generic black uniformed guys from ANH pronto.  An ultimate army builder to me... 

Agreed. My Imperial Army will never be complete without one...or, ten.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2005, 09:28 PM »
"If they released a new DST, super articulated, and included a kepi hat with him just like the 12" DST...  THAT would cover my desire for the Imp. Commander being resculpted in vintage form."

The only problem with that is that the DSTs had big gauntlets, while the officers had straight arms.  They could, however, share the rest of the body parts.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2005, 02:44 AM »
That's true, ugh...  I forgot the gloves.  Nuts. 

I'd likely still be happy enough just to get an army builder that great, but that does through a monkey wrench into things.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Update!

For Sure
1. Klaatu Palace version
2. Lumat
3. Romba
4. Warok
5. Echo Base Rebel Trooper

Debatable
1. Blue Gonk An exact replica of the Lars family Power Droid was not made with the Power Droid provided with the jawa
2. Bespin Guard black The correct ethnicity has not been released yet, however an Asian and White Guard have been
3. Imperial Commander One was done in a different costume
4. Death Squad Commander One was done in a different costume
5. B-Wing Pilot  One was done in a different costume
6. Imperial Dignitary One was done in a different costume
7. Barada #2 (Kithaba) One was done in a different costume
8. Nikto One was done in a different costume
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:57 PM by Scott »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 10:00 PM »
Update!

Debatable

3. Imperial Commander One was done in a different costume

There have been strong rumors of a Commander Praji figure for the ANH wave.  He's an Imperial Officer in the black tunic uniform.  Think that one would suffice for the Imperial Commander?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Klaatu -- Surprised he has not been done by now.  They could make a great one.

Imperial Dignitary - I have a fear they won't get to this guy. 

Lumat and Warok - They scream 2 pack.

Echo Base Trooper - Yeah he needs to SA treatment of course.

Death Squad Commander - I will just have to paint the trooper grey. 

Bespin Guard black - Surprised they did not go all PC and have him out there by now.

B-Wing Pilot - Been waiting and waiting for this one.

Barada - I can let it slide since they made the other version.  But if a new one is on the board they could make that vintage outfit.

Nikto - Same as Barada

Blue Gonk - They will get to it at some point.  A pack in with something. 

Wow, there really are not that many vintage figures left.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2007, 10:07 AM »
Forgot about Warok.

So yeah:

Never attempted:
Warok
Lumat (rumored for '08 wave 4)
Bespin Guard vrs #2
Klaatu

Never carded:
B-Wing Pilot
Paploo

Arguable variants:
Death Squad Commander (grey outfit)
Rebel Commander
At-At commander
Bespin Guard #1
Imperial Commander
Nikto
B-Wing Pilot
Imperial Dignitary
Barada
B-Wing Pilot

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2007, 05:48 PM »
These are the ones I would like to be tackled someday (obviously I would like to see all the figures brought upto date, from the Vintage, POTF2, POTJ, SOTE and some from SAGA done with todays standards, but I digress).

VINTAGE:-
Death Squad Commander
Power Droid
Bespin Security Guard - Black
Bespin Security Guard - White with Tash
Imperial Commander
Klaatu - Fur Skirt
Nikto
Lumat
Warok

DROIDS:-
R2-D2 - Animated Colors (if they did it as good as Boba Fett then I would be happy)
C-3P0 - Animated Colors (if they did it as good as Boba Fett then I would be happy)
Jann Tosh
Jord Dusat
Kea Moll
Kez Iban
Sise Fromm
Thall Joben
Tig Fromm
Uncle Gundy
Vlix Oncard

Obviously I would like to see the Ewoks Cartoon Figures get updated as well, but in the Galactic Heroes way.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2007, 09:26 PM »
I think i am in the minority, but i would love to see the Droids and Ewoks characters redone in the modern line in a more realistic style. This is partly why i hope they include some of these charatcers in the live-action tv series like the rumor suggests.

On a side note, I have always wanted a Princess Kneesaa figure, not sure why they never made one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Here's my list of what still needs to be done:

Death Squad Commander - this one should have been handled this year by a running paint-op variation on the Death Star Trooper figure
Bespin Security Guard - Black
Bespin Security Guard - White w/Moustache
Imperial Commander (a Commander Praji from ANH would be sufficient)
Hoth Rebel Trooper - Echo Base Colors
Klaatu
Nikto
B-Wing Pilot (has to be a Human pilot in a red jumpsuit)
Imperial Dignitary
Lumat
Warok

List isn't all that long. I think the design of a SA Bespin Guard figure modified from the POTJ one would be easily accomplished and allow for Hasbro to easily make both versions to appease everyone who wants all of the vintage Kenner figures re-done.

The Death Squad Commander should be easy to do - just take the Death Star Trooper figure from this year and paint the uniform gray.

For the Imperial Commander, just use the same Imperial Officer body that they are using for the Comic 2-pack Luke, paint it black, stick a new head on it and you're done.

For the last two Ewoks - just repaint the 2-pack we just got. I know that it's not perfect, but it's good enough.

Jabba's skiff guards and palace guards all need an upgrade. I have some of the older POTF2 ones next to Ephant Mon and Hermi Odle and they look ridiculous.

I doubt we'll ever get the Sim Aloo/Imperial Dignitary figure. They had a chance in the Saga2 line and instead went with two different dignitaries.

If they gave us a good SA X-Wing Pilot Body and a SA B-Wing Pilot Body along the same lines as this year's A-Wing pilot, they could be keeping us happy with SA Rebel Pilots from now until the cows come home, all they need to do is just keep slightly modifying the paint scheme, head sculpt and helmet markings.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2007, 08:52 PM »
Pete- I think you're letting Hasbro off too easy with your suggested modifications of existing figures.  After what Hasbro showed us this year, they just can't cheapen out on us now.  They really must sculpt new ewoks, because there are so many head and body shapes and sizes (I've repainted several myself, and while they look good, they are still recognizable as Romba and Graak); it's also really time for a new Bespin Guard sculpt with better articulation and closed jacket.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 1, 2008, 09:38 AM »
How about an Uzay blue snowtrooper like the Kubricks are making?  They love to repaint troopers so why not? 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #58 on: January 1, 2008, 09:43 AM »
How about an Uzay blue snowtrooper like the Kubricks are making?  They love to repaint troopers so why not? 

Actually I asked that question to Hasbro back in Sept. Here is what was said:

Q3. Dear Hasbro. Would you ever consider making figure of the UZAY Snowtrooper and guard as a tribute to these famous foreign knock offs from back in the 1980s?

A3. We have actually talked to Lucasfilm about this, and together have decided not to pursue anything related to the bootleg products in our Hasbro lines.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2008, 09:44 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 1, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Pete- I think you're letting Hasbro off too easy with your suggested modifications of existing figures.  After what Hasbro showed us this year, they just can't cheapen out on us now.  They really must sculpt new ewoks, because there are so many head and body shapes and sizes (I've repainted several myself, and while they look good, they are still recognizable as Romba and Graak); it's also really time for a new Bespin Guard sculpt with better articulation and closed jacket.

I guess I was approaching the situation with a more practical angle of how Hasbro could easily polish off the rest of the Vintage figures as opposed to dragging the modernization of the original 96 figures out another 12 years.

Hasbro has said they will keep making themed waves. They have also stated numerous times that a retooled figure with new paint ops is how they can spread the costs around in a wave when they give us completely new figures.

So in a hypothetical ANH wave, I would welcome them releasing a Death Star Trooper repainted in gray, a Commander Praji using the existing Imperial Officer body only with a new head and then using those cost savings to deliver us a much needed SA Rebel Blockade Runner trooper.

Same thing goes with a hypothetical Endor battle themed ROTJ wave - I'd rather see them employ cost savings and give us repaints of Romba and Graak w/new accessories and cowls so that they could spend the resources on making a SA B-Wing pilot along the same lines as this year's A-Wing pilot.

Yes, I agree with you that Hasbro really SHOULD give us a SA Bespin Guard sculpt that could then have a running variation to provide variety to our Bespin Security Force ranks. At this point, with so few figures left to do from ESB, that would be fine with me. It would also be great if they gave us a SA Hoth Rebel Trooper that could easily be repainted/modified to represent the troopers inside Echo Base AND the troopers in the trenches.

I guess for me I would like to see this issue put to bed. Back in 1995, it seemed unimaginable that by 2007 we'd all still be discussing "what vintage figures have yet to be redone". Considering how many figures we've gotten and the fact that there were only 96 of them originally, it's kinda silly that we still have these lists of 10 - 15 figures still left to be redone.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!