Author Topic: Phobias...  (Read 14650 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Phobias...
« on: March 17, 2004, 03:52 PM »
I have an intense unexplainable fear of these critters here:

I cant explain why, I dont mind normal spiders, but for some reason I have an undying fear of them. That took me a whole lot of time to copy and past that link because I paniced and ran from the room. I even coaxed the dog into the room with me so I wasnt alone.

I kept saying "Its just a pic, its just a pic" but that didnt work. It was horrific. I know they arent in America, and they cant hurt me on the PC, but I just spazed. Im mortified of them. I had tears in my eyes. It was terrible.

Anyone else have a phobia thats unexplainable, or just a plain fear in general? Please share. Maybe some how it will help us by discussing it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

smileyfaceguy

Re: Phobias...
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Logophobia.

:)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 04:24 PM »
More phobias than I will care to admit... But the main one would have to be sharks.... Deathly afraid of them. The big ones.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 04:45 PM »
More phobias than I will care to admit... But the main one would have to be sharks.... Deathly afraid of them. The big ones.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Hey Kevin, Did you see the Vegas Fear Factor where people were eating those spiders alive? I believe they were the exact same kind you posted. Maybe that would help you get over the phobia.

I'm not sure I have any phobias. I know there are many things that give me the chills, but if I saw that Spider (or a land shark) I'd probably just go the other way.

Snakes.....man, I am scared of them but my friend has one in a cage top of on his TV and I don't mind it being there. I think I'm just scared of the idea of meeting one in the wild that can bite me.  :)
Got Clones?

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 06:06 PM »

Man, those flash-flood sharks are everywhere in the UK  >:(

I am afraid of rat's tails. It is stange because they remind me of snakes...creatures that don't actually scare me.

Also Cybermen and Darth Pickles.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 06:09 PM »
And also Variable Bit Rates, because for every 8mb/s scene in a compressed DVD-R you get a 1.5mb/s section full of freaky blockiness.

I fear I've not* shown this topic enough respect  :-[

*edit
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 06:11 PM by Obi-Robz »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 06:16 PM »
Hey Kevin, Did you see the Vegas Fear Factor where people were eating those spiders alive? I believe they were the exact same kind you posted. Maybe that would help you get over the phobia.

I'm not sure I have any phobias. I know there are many things that give me the chills, but if I saw that Spider (or a land shark) I'd probably just go the other way.

Snakes.....man, I am scared of them but my friend has one in a cage top of on his TV and I don't mind it being there. I think I'm just scared of the idea of meeting one in the wild that can bite me.  :)

Thats what sparked the fear in me.

Kevin

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 06:30 PM »

they're the African Cave Dwelling Spider to be exact. Nasty little buggers.

I saw that episode, they were wriggling around with halfthere bodies eaten off, it was sick. Kev saw that one too, I was talking to him when we saw it. He's so majorly freaked out by those things. ;D
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 06:49 PM »
they're the African Cave Dwelling Spider to be exact. Nasty little buggers.

I saw that episode, they were wriggling around with halfthere bodies eaten off, it was sick. Kev saw that one too, I was talking to him when we saw it. He's so majorly freaked out by those things. ;D

Theyre whip scorpions, fool.

Actually, by both names, they go.

I hate those things. They unlocked somthing carnal inside of me. Somthing horrifying.

Kevin

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Don't worry. they freak me out too.

Most larger incests freak the hell out of me actually.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 07:06 PM »
im afraid of big dudes with guns.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 09:18 PM »
Add me to the list of people who get the heebie jeebies from spiders.  They freak me out.  That one you posted Kevin is something serious and I would probably sh!t me pants, run like a little girl or have my wife kill it (or all three).  Just for curosity sakes, how big does one of those mother humpers get?

I also have a mild case of claustraphobia.  Nothing too serious, but sometimes being in a tight space freaks me out a little.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2004, 09:38 PM »
Add me to the list of people who get the heebie jeebies from spiders.  They freak me out.  That one you posted Kevin is something serious and I would probably sh!t me pants, run like a little girl or have my wife kill it (or all three).  Just for curosity sakes, how big does one of those mother humpers get?

I also have a mild case of claustraphobia.  Nothing too serious, but sometimes being in a tight space freaks me out a little.

Fully sprawled out, like on fear factor, they were about the size of the palm of your hand with legs. Some were smaller, and some were bigger. Nasty buggers. I have to scroll fast to get past the pic to read your posts...so post wisely. :-* That goes for Morgbug who will undoubtedly torture me with this forever.  :P

Kevin

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 10:32 PM »
I have a phobia of Jellyfish, and since I do surf, it totally sucks!!

It is really scary!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)