Author Topic: Star Wars Customs (Choppers)  (Read 17550 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Customs (Choppers)
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:12 AM »
Rebelscum is reporting that Hasbro has plans for a new "Star Wars Choppers" line, consisting of our favorite characters (Luke, Vader, and Fett are mentioned) on top of motorcycles.  Yikes.  If this turns out to be true, this is really starting to go to far.  Please Hasbro, just stick to the normal figure line, vehicles that are actually in the movies or at least the comics/books if you have to stretch.  It bothers me more the fact that they can't remake (or even just re-release) the Cloud Car, but they can do brand new molding/tooling for Star Wars motorcycles.  Maybe this will turn out to just be rumor fodder, but to me this is a terrible idea.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:50 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars "Choppers"?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:26 AM »
It bothers me more the fact that they can't remake (or even just re-release) the Cloud Car, but they can do brand new molding/tooling for Star Wars motorcycles.  Maybe this will turn out to just be rumor fodder, but to me this is a terrible idea.

You said it, Brian.

Star Wars Choppers?  ::)

They don't have the money to re-tool the dang Cloud Car, but they have plenty of money for developing new molds for:
"Star Wars Choppers"
or Star Wars Transformers
or new Force Battler Figures
or new Jedi Force figures
or Titanium Forged Figures
or Unleashed Battle Packs
or etc etc etc

>:(

I can safely say that I will not be buying this line.  Way to water down the franchise EVEN MORE as we head into a non-movie year.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 10:39 AM »
That's about a good idea as putting Superman on a motorcycle. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 10:43 AM »
I'm not sure, but I don't think these are for figures.  I think that they just might be nice little chopper replicas with SW paint jobs.  I think.  I hope...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Or the Human Torch on an ATV.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Look - this is going to sound pretty bad, but...

Why is Hasbro combining our beloved Star Wars brand with red-neck entertainment?

I'm sorry, but I just don't get the popularity of "West Coast Choppers" and those other stupid shows about retards trying to do crazy crap with motorcycles, custom cars that go from SUV to Trash truck, etc... to me all that stuff is just a huge waste of programming to fill the voide of the 900+ channels the media feels we need these days... but I digress.

How about instead of choppers - Obi-Wan, Clones, Durge and IG-88's on the Star Wars EQUIVALENT of a motorcycle - THE SPEEDER BIKE!!!!!

God damn - did Darryl DeRetard even WATCH Star Wars?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 10:45 AM »
I'm not sure, but I don't think these are for figures.  I think that they just might be nice little chopper replicas with SW paint jobs.  I think.  I hope...

That would make sense, like a SW Hot wheels car.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 10:53 AM »

That would make a little more sense.  I'm still not interested, but that would be a little more realistic.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Here's the thing - look at the story....

Hasbro has plans for a new line of Star Wars Choppers, and we've gotten word on three vehicles in the planning stages right now:

Darth Vader's Imperial Chopper
Luke Skywalker's Rebel Chopper
Boba Fett's Bounty Choppper

Imagine your favorite Star Wars characters with weapons drawn racing into battle on top of motorcycles. Yeah, that's right.

The part that worries me is Imagine your favorite Star Wars characters with weapons drawn racing into battle on top of motorcycles - first off - NO, I DON'T WANT TO IMAGINE THAT.

Second - that to me means they will be putting figures on top of these things.

Third - to Jeff's point which is an extension of the point many of us have made on the Future of SW Collecting thread - WHY IS HASBRO WASTING TIME TOOLING UP THIS CRAP!?!?!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Maybe they're some sort of tough looking Swoops/Speederbikes.

:P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 02:01 PM »
So wait, Hasbro is "nervous" about putting out a full case of clones because they think they'll clog shelves, then they green light this ****? ::)

Please, Hasbro, stop the pain. Nobody buys this ****. People want 3.75' figures and vehicles, 7' Unleashed, and Galactic Heroes for little kids. FOCUS ON THE LINES THAT SELL! >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 02:36 PM »
I'm sure they got the idea from all of the Hulk Monster trucks (That's the Hulk DRIVING a monster truck) that clogged shelves a few years ago.

It's funny how Hasbro didn't show these at Comicon.  They knew that the fan base that was there would HATE them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 03:16 PM »
This is just silly. ::)

How about instead of choppers - Obi-Wan, Clones, Durge and IG-88's on the Star Wars EQUIVALENT of a motorcycle - THE SPEEDER BIKE!!!!!

Bingo! There's nothing cooler than clones and droids jousting aboard speeder bikes.  8)

There's even already a wicked awesome speeder bike toy for Durge (I own one and it roolz). Just fire up the presses and crank out some more. And I would think the Obi, Clone, and IG versions could be relatively simple modifications of this toy or the Saga Anakin swoop bike.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 03:58 PM »
So wait, Hasbro is "nervous" about putting out a full case of clones because they think they'll clog shelves, then they green light this ****? ::)

Right - but remember, Darryl DeRetard can go to the main toy buyer for WalMart down in Arkansas and have this conversation...

DD: Ok - so I'm going to tell you about the EXCITING Star Wars products we're working on. Tell me, what's "Hot" right now

WalMart Dude: Poker, Texas Hold 'Em

DD: Err... ok what about the "chopper" craze - like Orange County and West Coast Choppers

WalMart Dude: Yeah, I guess. The bike replicas sell pretty good in our southern state stores. By the way I'm not sure I like where this is going, you told me one of those SW figures was going to be a cross between a chopper and a droid - and that darn thing looks nothin' like a motorcycle!

DD: Right, but our market research of old women in trailer parks turned up this startling fact! If you combine Star Wars and Choppers, and by this we mean REAL Choppers, you can corner that lucrative market of both Star Wars AND OCC/WCC collectors. Just think about it!

WalMart Dude: So, these choppers are going to have Star Wars artwork on them?

DD: Better! They are going to look like they are choppers from the Star Wars universe and Star Wars figure will ride them into battle!

WalMart Dude: I'll admit, I'm not so smart, so I steer clear of those dem Star Wars movies 'cause the plot is so hard to follow, but I do remember them having vehicles, but they all seemed to float, none of them had wheels

DD: Well, true, but we're saying "What if?"

WalMart Dude: Ok fair enough. And I'll be wondering "What if" these don't sell? Can I return them to Hasbro for manufacturer's credit whatever doesn't sell over the Christmas season?

DD: Sure, I guess, but we think this line will be hot!

WalMart Dude: Sure, whatever, just ship 'em and we'll be shipping 'em back come January. Shelves are lookin' kinda bare right now anyway. Hey - what happened to that 3.75" figure line you used to do? My distribution hubs aren't getting any of that stuff in - I thought I placed orders on that product through 2008.

DD: We're trying some new ideas. When I was in charge of GI Joe, I revitalized that brand by bringing back the 3.75" figure line. Now I hope to do the same with Star Wars by using the "Spray and Pray" methodology of product development. We have 20 new distinct lines under development right now - those nerds who collect this **** can't possibly collect it all, so whatever "sticks", we'll keep making it!

WalMart Dude: Good plan  ::)

DD: Thanks! Hey, did you roll your eyes at me?

WalMart Dude: Uh... Nope  ::) whatever gave you that idea

DD: There, you did it again!

WalMart Dude: Ok - well, I have to go meet with the guy from Matel, I'm sure you can show yourself out.

DD: Wait, I'm not done! I didn't even get to tell you about the Titanium Forged Figures!

WalMart Dude:  ::) Oh, you're done. Please leave. WalMart security leaves marks. That's not a warning, I'm just letting you know.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:05 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 04:09 PM »
By the way - I almost forgot - this line of toys must be inspired by that recent episode of Ocean County RedNecks Choppers. Here's a pic from the episode.

They made futuristic motorcycles and Darth Vader fought the fat son dressed as Luke Skywalker while they both rode around on motorcycles!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 04:09 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter