Author Topic: EE Clone Trooper 4-Packs  (Read 165388 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: EE exclusive Clone Trooper 4-packs!
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2006, 03:09 AM »
EE's still got individual sets, I think you'd have been further ahead to follow the link on our front page out there Clone Commander.

They're definitely fun sets though... Worth owning. If you have a local collecting group, let me HIGHLY suggest you get involved with them. Ordering in bulk on items like these makes it REALLY affordable for you. I got my sets in a case our local group ordered, now they're talking about ordering the new all white case for more and pulling me in on a set again. That'll build up the troops for me a good bit. I love the early war Clones design maybe even more than the ROTS... Hopefully Hasbro puts a basic CW SA Clone out on pegs again. No reason not to really.

No reason not to? Wouldn't that go against their moral code of repacking good figures? ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2006, 03:15 AM »
My pointing out there's no reason not to is probably all the reason they'd need.   You're right Ryan, I shoulda kept my mouth shut.

Me - "Sora Bulq really needs knee joints, I mean he's a Jedi for cripes sake, the guy's flying all over the Arena hacking up droids, he's a rockin' character no matter how background he may be..."

Hasbro - "Yeah...  Let's give him ankle joints, but we'll leave the knee articulation off...  Good idea."

I love Hasbro, they're fun to observe.

It's like those monkey commercials where they're all dancing because sales are up but in reality they have the graph upside down...  but they don't care and they leave it that way and keep celebrating.

Hasbro rules!   ::)

How's it go with the sheep elsewhere?  Something along the lines of, "We should be grateful they even make this stuff!", or some asinine nonsense like that...  Yeah, the day I should feel as though I owe someone even after I pay them, that's the day hell freezes over I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 6, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Anyone willing to sell a pack that's colored and Battle Damaged?
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Yes! I just ordered 3 of the white clone packs (2 clean, 1 damaged) on ebay for $89 shipped! Now I just need to track down a colored set and maybe a couple more white sets and my AotC army is built.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Yes! I just ordered 3 of the white clone packs (2 clean, 1 damaged) on ebay for $89 shipped! 

$89 for the three or $89 for each set? If it's the former that's a decent deal.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2006, 11:10 PM »
It was $89 for all three. They were $24.99 each. ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2006, 08:18 PM »
That's a pretty good price overall Aucassin.  Good score on those.  I could use more I know but I've not gone out of my way to find them I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 1, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to these. I didn't get them last year because I was so into the RotS look that I didn't really care about the AotC clones. But after the Evolutions sets came out I started to appreciate these clones more. I ended up buying the fourth set that he had, so the finally tally is four 4-packs for $116.96. Or $7.31 per figure, which is only $0.26 more than what I pay for current Saga figures at Wal-Mart. I was just lucky that I was able to find these auctions when I had the extra money. I doubt I'll be as fortunate with the colored set.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: July 1, 2006, 02:08 AM »
EE has a case of just white troopers if you're looking to army build.  $300 or so but you're getting solid white so that's not bad when you break down the case actually.  I've considered it but never have $300 laying around to blow on the set.  God I'd love to though. :)

Offline madoka

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 1, 2006, 04:42 AM »
EE has a case of just white troopers if you're looking to army build.  $300 or so but you're getting solid white so that's not bad when you break down the case actually.  I've considered it but never have $300 laying around to blow on the set.  God I'd love to though. :)

I'd love to order about 3 of those cases, yet I've searched EE in vain.  All I see is that they are out of stock on the $35 box of four.  Do you have a link?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: July 1, 2006, 04:43 AM »
I'll look here now for it, hold on a sec...

Ah, and with good reason.  The item # they were under is no longer available.  Guess they're done getting these in or canned the item because nobody was ordering it perhaps. 

Dumb of them honestly.  If they'd sold solid white cases from the get-go I think they'd have done better personally.  I was all about splitting a case 4 ways with the officers in it, but a case of all white I'd probably have pushed to find friends to split that 2 ways...  Or I'd maybe have bought one myself at the time instead of the officer sets and tried to build the officers up myself.  I got a number of white sets extra from friends who didn't want them all but I'd love more...

The prices for those individual sets and stuff were just too high to army build with, yet again.  Silly packaging and all kind of hosed the purpose IMO.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 04:52 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 6, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I don't think it was about 'getting them in'. I've been watching this item on EE for a long time. I've noticed that EE first sold out of the colored set, then the color damaged set...the plain white clones actually lasted awhile but then the damaged sold out and finally the plain ones did. From when EE offered these a whole year ago I would have to say they did a pretty good job selling them off. I bet the demand for the colored sets isn't as high as many folks think. I don't see EE not demanding more of this product for it's consumers IF consumer demand was so high. Therefore I surmise demand wasn't high enough to generate a second/refurbish shipment of these. 8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 15, 2006, 10:29 AM »
Yes! I just ordered 3 of the white clone packs (2 clean, 1 damaged) on ebay for $89 shipped! Now I just need to track down a colored set and maybe a couple more white sets and my AotC army is built.

I have an extra colored set W/O damage. Perhaps a trade can be arranged for one of the clean packs?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 2, 2006, 08:58 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone is still looking for these or not, but tfaw is having a sale at the moment and both the battle damaged and clean white trooper 4-packs are on sale for $29.99 each.

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Star-Wars%3A-Clone-Trooper-White-With-Battle-Damage-Action-Figure-4-Pack___198289

http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Star-Wars%3A-Clone-Trooper-White-Without-Battle-Damage-Action-Figure-4-Pack___198287
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #224 on: November 3, 2006, 01:26 AM »
Wish TFAW had those in their local Portland store...
I will have to order some on payday if they still have any, to supplement the ones I already have. I wish I could have got the ones with rank colors on them.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...