Author Topic: EE Clone Trooper 4-Packs  (Read 163993 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Trooper 4 Packs!
« Reply #45 on: January 4, 2005, 09:35 PM »
$25 on a case, I think.  Believe that's what I was told...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 4, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Anybody else wanting to go in on a case?  EE wants to charge me $63US to ship these to Canada  :'(  That's about $80CDN - frickin' ridiculous. 

If any of you guys in the good ol U S of A would be willing to help out a Canucklehead, let me know.  At this point I don't even own any form of Clone Trooper (never been lucky enough to find the singles or 3-packs), so I just can't pass up on this.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 4, 2005, 09:57 PM »
$63 US to ship to Canada! Thats insane! Then add customs on top!  >:(  >:(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 4, 2005, 10:12 PM »
For that price, these should be delivered overnight on a silver platter by a big breasted lingerie model.   ::)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 4, 2005, 10:29 PM »
$63 US to ship to Canada! Thats insane! Then add customs on top!  >:(  >:(
Don't even ask how much shipping to Australia is.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 4, 2005, 10:44 PM »
If you Canuckleheads (and anyone else outside the U.S.) wants to get together and order these by the case, I'm sure I could pitch in and re-route them to a few people. Might not save much in the long run, but who knows. And I don't charge anything for re-routing pacakges, right Dale  ;)

All I ask is reimbursement for the shipping costs. But I don't want to be involved with collecting money for the products themselves - you guys are on your own with that.

PM me if interested. And I'm sure a few other JD'ers out there would be willing to help out as well, if there are that many people who want to do this.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 4, 2005, 10:48 PM »

For being an exclusive to EE, they could easily have just put these in white mailer boxes and sold them for $25 and made a lot of money.

[cynic] Who says they won't do that down the line, after EE has sold out?  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see these showing up at SSW.com at the very least and probably in the aforementioned white mailers.  Not sure how much cheaper they'd be, but at least a little, probably around $25 a piece.  [/cynic]

Morgbug, should those be [optimist] tags? :) Could they do the white mailer box thing down the road, sure, they could wind up doing anything down the road. I just don't really expect it to happen.

Nope, not since I went in with Jeff and Jim for my four sets.  Not they'll come cheaper after I've committed to them.  Murphy's Law and all that crap. 

The optimistic side would be when I completley lose my mind and want to buy at least as many again to have loose.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 4, 2005, 10:50 PM »
The optimistic side would be when I completley lose my mind and want to buy at least as many again to have loose.

That's exactly why I ordered an entire case for myself. If I just go ahead and order 1 set of each, I'll be fine with that... for a while. But then I know I'll want to go ahead and open them up and "play" with them... and they'll be sold out. But now that I've gone ahead and ordered a $335 case, I'm sure they'll be on clearance for like $10 soon.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #53 on: January 4, 2005, 11:02 PM »
I was all excited until I saw the price.  I almost laughed.  Once again it's great idea, horrible execution. 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #54 on: January 4, 2005, 11:05 PM »

For being an exclusive to EE, they could easily have just put these in white mailer boxes and sold them for $25 and made a lot of money.

[cynic] Who says they won't do that down the line, after EE has sold out?  I wouldn't at all be surprised to see these showing up at SSW.com at the very least and probably in the aforementioned white mailers.  Not sure how much cheaper they'd be, but at least a little, probably around $25 a piece.  [/cynic]

Morgbug, should those be [optimist] tags? :) Could they do the white mailer box thing down the road, sure, they could wind up doing anything down the road. I just don't really expect it to happen.

Nope, not since I went in with Jeff and Jim for my four sets.  Not they'll come cheaper after I've committed to them.  Murphy's Law and all that crap. 

HAHA! :P

I say go ahead an open them up, by the looks of the packaging, it would be very easy to open them for awhile and then if you ever decide you want them back into the package, you can stand them up just nicely inside. Much better than with carded figures.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: January 4, 2005, 11:09 PM »
And, as per usual, Rebelscum's filled with people claiming this is the deal of the century...

One person's logic going so far as "Well the carded one sells for $20 on Ebay...  These are fairly priced!", all the while losing track of how business in America works.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #56 on: January 4, 2005, 11:19 PM »
this surprises you how jj? with not even getting into the whole bashing of scum thing, there are just too many ill-informed collectors out there to not be surprised by a statement like the one you mentioned. i'm sure whomever said it is the same kind of person who would bid like crazy on a VC Jawa without taking the time to investigate its background for themselves.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 4, 2005, 11:22 PM »
But it is the deal of the century, don't you know that by now Jesse?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: January 4, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Business courses should be mandatory in high school.

Maybe I'm tooting my own horn since it's "my thing" since 9th grade, but god damn how are people this illogical about stuff?

Again, I've said it over in Wuher's when things just go out of control, but I weep for the future.  Truly I do.  When Ebay starts setting the standard by which the actual INDUSTRY determines price (and by which consumers accept said prices), then I think we're all in some deep **** folks.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: January 4, 2005, 11:43 PM »
They are awesome, but way too expensive. I pre-oprdered the colored clean set, but would liek to get them all.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"