Author Topic: Star Wars Gift Cards  (Read 7343 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Gift Cards
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2005, 08:20 PM »
I have all six of the Walmart ones (with some of the store ones to spare) and two of the talking Target ones.  That was my cell phone message until everyone started to complain.
Beth

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2005, 09:51 PM »
I have all six of the Walmart ones (with some of the store ones to spare) and two of the talking Target ones. 

All six from Wal-mart?  I have only seen three different designs.  Do you have any pictures?

That was my cell phone message until everyone started to complain.

That's funny!  I love it  :D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Stephen, here's the prior discussion on the Gift Cards.  Check out my first sentence in there...  I specifically mention that the thread should probably be over in the Other Collectibles forum, blah, blah, blah, but left it over there for the time being.  But yeah, it should be in here, so I'll probably move it over here tonight, and merge your thread here in with it...  Cool?

I only ever picked up the Target gift card myself.  Were the WM ones ever available in the stores, or just online?  I was under the impression it was the latter, so I never bothered with the hassle of ordering them.  Had they been in the stores and I missed 'em, then I'll be upset with myself.

Didn't TRU eventually put one out as well?  I thought I recalled hearing something about them following in line with the others and issuing one too.

Regardless, the Target one is by far the coolest of the bunch.  A nice collectible in and of itself...  8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 02:38 PM »
You had to order the other three from Walmart.com in order to make the complete picture.  It's pretty cool.  I think I sent a scan in to someone here to post on the front page but I can't seem to find it right now.

I'll have to look around online more and if I can't find it, I'll see if one of the crew here can rehost it so you can see the entire picture.
Beth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Stephen, here's the prior discussion on the Gift Cards.  Check out my first sentence in there...  I specifically mention that the thread should probably be over in the Other Collectibles forum, blah, blah, blah, but left it over there for the time being.  But yeah, it should be in here, so I'll probably move it over here tonight, and merge your thread here in with it...  Cool?

I only ever picked up the Target gift card myself.  Were the WM ones ever available in the stores, or just online?  I was under the impression it was the latter, so I never bothered with the hassle of ordering them.  Had they been in the stores and I missed 'em, then I'll be upset with myself.

Didn't TRU eventually put one out as well?  I thought I recalled hearing something about them following in line with the others and issuing one too.

Regardless, the Target one is by far the coolest of the bunch.  A nice collectible in and of itself...  8)

No wonder I didn't see it.   ;)
Stephen - Louisville, KY

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 03:17 PM »
  Had they been in the stores and I missed 'em, then I'll be upset with myself.

There were three in the store and three on line for Walmart.  I pm'd you about hosting the picture the six make.
Beth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2005, 03:26 PM »
I didn't realize there were three online, nor was I aware of a bigger picture.  That's pretty cool.
Stephen - Louisville, KY

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2005, 12:10 AM »
I found the 3 WM cards today at the Neighborhood store, first time I'd ever seen em. Very nice, now I'd just like to get the 3 online ones.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2005, 01:41 PM »
OK, here's a shot of Beth's Walmart gift card collection, so you can see how they all fit together...

Pretty cool, but if the online ones are sold out, there's just no way that I'm gonna bite only half a set.  I had no idea that's how they were setting it all up.  Beth, how much did you put on each card?  Like $5 each, and then just used 'em on new stuff when it hit WM?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 01:54 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2005, 12:30 AM »
The online cards are NOT sold out yet.  Just go to walmart.com go under gift cards and they still have them available.  The minimum amount you can get each card for is $10 each...but you get to use that money at WalMart anyway, so the cost of all 3 cards is really just the shipping charge which in my case is $1.86 for standard shipping...not too bad!

Offline neoblanc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 03:07 AM »
Also have 6 Walmart cards, Target card, TRU card and Walden Book store card.
Missed out on Kmart cards... :(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 10:36 AM »
The online cards are NOT sold out yet.  Just go to walmart.com go under gift cards and they still have them available. 

Oops, sorry about the mis-information but when I did a search I couldn't find them.

Beth, how much did you put on each card?  Like $5 each, and then just used 'em on new stuff when it hit WM?

Yup and Todd sent me a set as a surprise since I couldn't find them at first. 

Beth

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005, 01:13 PM »
I can't seem to find any of the gift cards at any of me local wal- marts or target's. But I heard you can purchase them from off wal-marts web site.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!