Author Topic: Eopie - ROTS style  (Read 8639 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Eopie - ROTS style
« on: April 14, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Doesn't Hasbro owe us a new Eopie?  Heck yeah they do.  The EPI version is too rare and expensive.

So, make a new version (or repack the old one w/ new saddlebag accessories) and throw in a nice Obi Wan and baby Luke - presto!

:P

SilverZ

Re: Eopie - ROTS style
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 11:53 PM »
That's a wonderful idea. I can't believe Hasbro has missed such an obvious rehash for as long as they have.

From the spoiler pics, some added articulation at the knees would be helpful. I don't see why they can't work this out as a 9.99 Deluxe figure on its own. Just retool the saddle, add a baby Luke, and ship the thing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Yeah, articulated knee joints would really add to the value of this ugly snouted beast.  I agree, it's such an obvious rehash!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:22 AM »
:o Gah! Spoilage! *covers eyes and hides*

...That being said, I would dearly love a rerelease. In fact, the eopie is in my top ten of desired repacks.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:59 AM »
We should definatley get one. Actually, we should have gotten one in a TRU set. :-\. The timing would be just right now as I resently aquired one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 03:50 PM »
I know how long you were searching for one.  I am glad you did get one man.

And for your sake - I hope if they do release one, they do something to it to make it a bit different than the EPI version.

I'm surprised one didn't show up in one of those TRU sets too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 08:23 PM »
I can't see this piece being released until well after the movie has been out in theaters.  I think if anything it would be part of the 2006 assortment.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 05:08 PM »
I too have longed for this beast of burden to be re-packed/re-released in some form or another.

I was only able to pick up one of these on eBay and I paid roughly $45 for it - for my MOC/MIB collection I can justify such an expense. For my opened set of stuff - I unfortunately can not. So in order for me to get an opened Eopie, Hasbro is going to have to re-issue it.

Personally, I think a beast set with an Eopie, Obi-Wan in robe and a baby Luke is a NO BRAINER.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Personally, I'd prefer that they leave out the Obi-Wan and just give us a retooled eopie w/ baby luke at the $10 deluxe pricepoint. If they did it that way, I'd buy at least one for sure.

Knowing Hasbro, though, they'll probably stick in an Obi-Wan "statuette" with NO articulation or accessories and raise the price by $5-10. ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Luke & Leia babies!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 04:28 PM »
*folds arms and pouts*

I still want a repacked Eopie with Obi-Wan and baby Luke.

I interjected about exactly that at the Q & A when they were discussing these two figure w/ baby sets.  I said something to the effect of "So, you're not going to use this great opportunity to finally re-release the VHTF Eopie from the Ep. 1 line?!"  And they just shrugged and said no, they're just going to be the Bail/Leia baby and Obi/Luke baby sets (and yes, they confirmed using the same exact Bail figure).

Bummer.  I still suspect that they'll eventually get the Eopie out to collectors again in some way, shape, or form in the future though...

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 06:34 PM »
what is with you nuts and this Eopie junk?!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 06:39 PM »
what is with you nuts and this Eopie junk?!

What exactly are you having difficulty comprehending, dafoo?  Most everyone missed out on the Eopie when it was originally released in the Episode 1 line (since it never hit domestically).  So a lot of folks have been hoping that it'd get re-released at some point, and now that it's finally shown up again in the ROTS flick, it seemed like it might finally have a chance.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 06:49 PM »
I know that, but it STINKS.

I don't want that silly thing.

And it doesn't matter if they release anyway cuz you've still got the Episode1 ones that you can't get so the completists are screwed anyway.

Silly minions
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I know that, but it STINKS.

I don't want that silly thing.

And it doesn't matter if they release anyway cuz you've still got the Episode1 ones that you can't get so the completists are screwed anyway.

Silly minions

::) Silly rabbit. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean others feel the same way, besides I thought you quit collecting Star Wars?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 07:49 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 08:54 PM »
The way things are going, I imagine the only way we'll ever see this puppy is in a special TRU exclusive Stealth Camo style, or perhaps, Jungle Recon.   ;)