Author Topic: Eopie - ROTS style  (Read 8637 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Eopie - ROTS style
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 09:47 PM »
I know that, but it STINKS.

I don't want that silly thing.

And it doesn't matter if they release anyway cuz you've still got the Episode1 ones that you can't get so the completists are screwed anyway.

Silly minions

Why does it stink?  I have it right here on my shelf.  It looks like a fairly good representation of the little beast that farts at poor Jar-Jar Binks.  Hasbro knows collectors would love to have it since it was very difficult to get back in the day.  Since they love repacks so much it would be the perfect time to sell 3 things.  An Eeopie, Kenobi, and infant Luke all in one box.  Kill 3 birds with one stone so to speak.  Heck make it an exclusive for Wal-Mart. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 10:56 PM »
I'm all for it to be re-released.  It's a great toy.  Why someone would think that this doesn't warrant a re-release is beyond me.   ???

:P

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 11:30 PM »
I did stop collecting, but not by choice. I'm living vicariously through you people.

stupid Eopie.  lol

Hasbro's getting berated to make Cody and a pack animal.  Good stuff
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 11:42 PM »
The way things are going, I imagine the only way we'll ever see this puppy is in a special TRU exclusive Stealth Camo style, or perhaps, Jungle Recon. ;)

Heck, put a repainted clone on it and make it a Target exclusive Clone Sandtrooper set. ;)

....Hmmmm.

You know, I proposed that as a joke, but now that I think about it it really isn't a bad idea. Makes a lot more sense than most of the recent exclusives.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 12:07 AM »
Hah, more Clones. :)

I'd actually like the Eopie re-released as a "beast" in an assortment perhaps down the road, as I'd like the QGJ that rides him...  However, I'd not mind seeing it repacked in some Tatooine pack...  It would be a motivating factor for me to buy repacked figures actually.

Lots of Eopie's on Tatooine, and I'd like a handful myself for just that reason.  Seeing it packed into a TRU styled 4 (or 5) pack of figures would be nice...  Dunno what else to pack in with it, but a droid and 3 or 4 other figures wouldn't hurt. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 12:20 AM »
I hold out a small hope it'll see the light of day in the Saga2 Battle of Tatooine Wave. Sure, it wasn't in ANH, but stick a different rider on it and we can pretend it was in Mos Eisley somewhere.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 12:51 AM »
I guess no one asked Hasbro if we're ever going to get one released domestically, huh? :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 05:06 PM »
I did stop collecting, but not by choice. I'm living vicariously through you people.

stupid Eopie.  lol

Hasbro's getting berated to make Cody and a pack animal.  Good stuff

Wait, wait, wait.  You stopped collecting?  Then why do you care if this was rereleased?  Or anything for that matter?

???  ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 06:18 PM »
The Eopie is actually a pretty cool toy, if you look at it from the display perspective.  It doesn't walk like the Kaadu (which consequently doesn't stand all too well), bite like the Opee Sea Killer, or (groan) spit frog heads, but the sculpt is great, it's articulated where it needs to be articulated, and the pack-in figure was pretty good too.  Why they released this in the final beast assortment for Episode I (or didn't release it in the US at all) is something that always bothered me, especially since that Jabba the Hutt monstrosity was released, and had a pack-in figure that was based on abandoned conceptual art on top of it.

I was lucky enough to get one of these back in 2000 via a friend on a mailing list who bought an entire case of them from overseas, for about 25 bucks shipped.  At that point, the Ebay factor hadn't really set in because Hasbro hadn't said one way or another (and come to think of it, they still haven't) if it was going to come out in the US or not.  There is no reason for it to not be rereleased though, especially with all these Battle Packs coming out.

They could do a straight Tatooine Battle Pack from TPM with the following figures:

-Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn (the original beast pack, unaltered)
-Darth Maul (pick your version; I'd go with the Trophy Edition and a lightsaber if I had to have a repack)
-3 Pit Droids from the Episode I Bonus Packs
-Anakin Skywalker (POTJ Mechanic repaint with backpack)
-Pack-In Accessories: Sith Probe Droid and Pit Droid tools

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 10:27 PM »
vicariously JesseVader, vicariously!  =)

I have the barfing slime and frogs Jabba!  $1.25 at the KB clearance store. lol
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 03:49 AM »
That would've made a great TRU set, actually, Dr. Padawan...  I'd have been happy to buy that, even with the Maul and Anakin.

The droids, tools, the Eopie...  That'd have made for a nice set for collectors and kids I think, for the first encounter with Maul.  It at least would've sold a little while for the people sans Eopie set and Bonus pit droids... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I guess no one asked Hasbro if we're ever going to get one released domestically, huh? :P

Matt did at Comic-Con. They pretty much immediately shot it down.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Last night I dreamed I had the eopie toy. How pathetic is that? :P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 07:42 PM »
It's ok Valin.  Once in a rare whilie I have a slight reoccuring dream of seeing Star Wars figs on the pegs that have never been made before.  I get all excited in the dream and then I wake up.  What a drag to realize it was just a dream.  LOL!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 10:52 PM »
I have that same dream Darth Broem.  It happens once every few months.   :)

:P