Author Topic: Re: Wedge Antilles  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Wedge Antilles
« on: July 21, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Thank You for changing Wedge. 

Sticking us with the 1997 PotF2 Wedge at this point in the line would be a really dumb thing to do.  I am eternally grateful that you heard the voice of the fans at San Diego Comic Con and did something to make Wedge better.

That new Wedge with the Saga Dutch Vander Body is a 1000% improvement over the 1997 PotF2 Wedge or even the 1999 Cinema Scene Wedge.  Instead of begrudgingly buying my one Wedge to keep my carded collection complete, I'll now be enthusiastically ordering two and anxiously awaiting his arrival this winter!

Thank you for doing something very good.  Please don't screw it up by changing him to something different.   :)

Your Pal,
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Dear Hasbro…

What Jeff said.

Thanks,
Jayson
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 03:16 AM »
Yeah, a distinct High-Five to you from me as well.

I think kit-bashes can be a great way to give us re-hashed product as something "new" and not have the masses complain.

I'd also have dug a Biggs body with the hoth collar, Wedge head w/removable helmet, and the Hoth legs/arms.  Not perfect, but it'd have made Hoth Wedge Antilles which we sorely need (more than this Wedge, but I digress).

Kitbashes rock.

Now what I want is for Hasbro to put the Death Star Trooper head w/helmet onto the Imperial Officer body/arms, and put the POTJ TIE Pilot Pakc-in figure's legs on it, and give us a ROTJ Death Star Trooper/Tech.  Pack in a blaster and the Imperial Tech's scanner box and I'm a happy camper.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Thank you Hasbro. Much improved over the POTF2 version that I would have passed on. Now that you have shown us this, please follow through on it. I remember when images of the Luke snowspeeder Cup-set first apppeared on the back of the other cups it showed an updated snowspeeder pilot body and the POTJ Luke head w/ removable helmet. We got an update body with a POTF2 Luke pilot head. >:( Please don't do that agian, it's not nice. Wedge looks great in that picture, please keep him like that.
"This is the way."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 01:01 PM »
I´m waiting for a snowspeeder Wedge in a legacy wave for 2009 :)

This action figure must be based on evolution pilots. ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Same here.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."