Author Topic: Re: Medicom and Kubrick Visual Reference Guide  (Read 3409 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Medicom and Kubrick Visual Reference Guide
« on: July 22, 2005, 12:56 PM »
JediDefender.com (imo) has the best thread talking about Star Wars Kubricks hands down on the internet.  I know in the past JediMac posted all of the series figures with chases and pictures. 

Can someone post an updated version in the other collectibles thread,  lock the thread, and make it a sticky as a reference point?

Same with other Medicom offerings? 

I am trying to find images of the new chase Vader and an image of the 1st and 2nd Vinyl Fetts.  Time consuming to say the least.

Please don't bash me with see what a little searching can do etc.  This is a feedback thread and something like this would benefit all Star Wars Medicom / Kubrick Collectors that come across this site.

Thank you for considering.

DBK 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Can someone post an updated version in the other collectibles thread,  lock the thread, and make it a sticky as a reference point?Same with other Medicom offerings? 

I am trying to find images of the new chase Vader and an image of the 1st and 2nd Vinyl Fetts.  Time consuming to say the least.

Please don't bash me with see what a little searching can do etc.  This is a feedback thread and something like this would benefit all Star Wars Medicom / Kubrick Collectors that come across this site.

Actually, I've been silently working on updating the JediDefender Image Database for this very purpose.  A link to the image database will be added to the start of each Kubrick thread moving forward.

All I've had a chance to upload so far are pictures of the Star Wars Kubrick Box Sets and 6/7 of the Star Wars Carded Kubricks.

I'm currently working on Series 1-3, and we'll have photos of Series 4 to add very soon...  ;)

I'll see what I can do about adding a section for Medicom to cover things like the RAH series and the Vinyl Figures too!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Also...JesseVader08 has been working on getting the Kubrick Checklist up and running with links to the Image Database. Almost there ;)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Jeff / Scott:

Thank you for the feedback, that's great news that things are in the works.  I recently bought a Canon 350 digital slr and will have a macro lens and tripod delivered by next Tuesday.  This camera can take incredible pictures.   

I would like to volunteer to take pictures of the following for your archive:

Early Bird Set
Series 1
Series 2
Series 3
Series 4
Chase Stormtrooper
Chase Logray
Chase Jawa
Chase Indiana Jones
Chase Band Member
Chase Han Stormtooper
Toys 'R' Us Exclusive Set
Luke & Leia Speeder Bike Set
Luke Carded
Leia Carded

PM me if you would like to take me up on the offer.  We should come up with a uniform style and background color so that the archives pictures contents flow.

Best regards,

DBK

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Jeff and Scott have already taken most/all the pictures for those already Matt (which have been included in their cool Kubrick features here in the past).  So I'm pretty sure those are the ones we're going to go with at this point, since they're already using our consistently styled backdrops and everything...

Thanks for volunteering to help out though!  If Jeff's missing any specific Kubrick shots, I'm sure he'll give you a holler though, to put those new photographic skills of yours to good use!  ;)

- M

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 09:47 PM »
I figured so after looking at the archive.  I was taking a breather at work when I typed it so I was a little distracted and did not have the time to browse through the archive.

Ultimately, I was trying to be part of the solution and volunteer rather than just bring up something with no solution.

Regards,

DBK

Jeff and Scott have already taken most/all the pictures for those already Matt (which have been included in their cool Kubrick features here in the past).  So I'm pretty sure those are the ones we're going to go with at this point, since they're already using our consistently styled backdrops and everything...

Thanks for volunteering to help out though!  If Jeff's missing any specific Kubrick shots, I'm sure he'll give you a holler though, to put those new photographic skills of yours to good use!  ;)

- M