Author Topic: Green Lantern Toys and Collectibles  (Read 47823 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Green Lantern Toys and Collectibles
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I have one of these.   :D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 03:58 PM »
The absolute coolest part about the upcoming 13" Scale DC Direct Hal Jordan is the removable mask!

Now, THAT is cool - a removable mask on a 12" scale figure and you can't even have any little holes on his face!

I have one of these.   :D

I have one of those too, but I store it in the camping stuff away from the rest of the collection.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 05:27 PM »
I hadn't seen a maskless pic. Looks great!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 02:18 PM »
That removable mask feature looks pretty good, and seems to be pulled off well (no holes or visible things like that).  Nice stuff there.  From the looks of this thread so far (which has taken off quickly by the way :P), it looks like your collection is pretty spiffy Jeff...looking forward to seeing some pics.  Just to add another pic, here is one of the two Green Lanterns I have :)(the other being a JLU version)

Always enjoyed that Super Powers line when I was a kid.  I'm trying to track down a Superman on ebay, hopefully somewhat cheaply.  The one from my childhood didn't quite make it :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Here's the photos I promised:

We start off with a general overview of my little Green Lantern mini-shrine...

clicky on all the pics for a larger view  ;)

The top shelf is my DC Direct Green Lantern PVC figure sets:

From L to R, that's Chaselon, Sinestro (GL Costume), Tomar Re, Abin Sur, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Ganthet, Salakk, John Stewart, Kilowog, Katma Tui, Alan Scott, Kyle Rayner, and Jade.

Next, we have my Green Lantern Power Battery Shelf:

Again from R to L, my 9" Hasbro DC Hal Jordan, my Hal Jordan Mini-Bust, my DCD Power Battery Prop Replica, Super Powers Hal Jordan.  In the front, my Hasbro TJ/JLA Kyle, Hal (Custom), and Parallax, and finally my DCD Pocket Heroes.

And a bit of a Close-Up:

Finally, my DCD Action Figure Shelf:

From L to R - Guy Gardner, [Kid Flash = hiding behind Guy], Sinestro, Tomar Re, Hal Jordan (Hard Traveling Hero Era), Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan (Classic Costume), Kilowog, Parallax, and John Stewart.

(yeah, there's a couple Flashes on the shelf - if it weren't for the space angle of GL, Barry Allen would be my favorite DC Icon  ;))

Jeff

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 09:59 PM »
And one more photo...

This was a Christmas gift from my wife a few years ago.

It's to big to fit in the closet (21"x29"), so it's the one non-SW item on display in my SW Room.   ;)

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Did'jou find my Hal Jordan yet?  You can ship it with my Wedge figure >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Wow, a heck of a collection you have there Jeff...looks nice.  I always think it is neat seeing a character focused collection like that.  It inspires me to try and do something like that with Superman, we'll have to see.  Some great pieces in there though...I'll have to admit, with all your Green Lantern talk lately, it has tempted me to pick up the (relaunched) comic when I visit the shop today, just to see what its like.  My experience with GL has mainly been through JLA, but now I'm more curious :P.  Nice Christmas gift from your wife there too, that's cool and I'm sure it holds a lot of meaning that she thought of you when picking that out.  Anyways, great collection, thanks for sharing.  I like the Flash figures incorporated too, always a fan of the Flash as well...and to me, he sort of "goes with" GL in a way too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Thats awesome stuff. I wanted to pick up the new Green Lantern figures but talked myself out of it.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Thats awesome stuff. I wanted to pick up the new Green Lantern figures but talked myself out of it.

You talk to yourself?  :-\ :-[

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 07:43 AM »

You talk to yourself?  :-\ :-[

HAHA, i think reality hit me with this one. I just dont have the money or the room to support another line.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I held Hal Jordan in my hands yesterday, and at a pretty good price.  But I didn't buy it.  Not sure if I'll regret that or not. 

I was in a collectibles shop and they had a fair number of older DC Direct figures but they were pricey ($24.99 each).  I wasn't tempted to pay that price, but it was fun to look at them as they brought back a lot of memories.  I've always been a Marvel type, but I really read an awful lot of DC when we were out at the cousin's cabin at the lake in the summer.  Nice memories. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 3, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Here's another GL, the "First Appearance" version.  Planning on picking this one up Jeff (or maybe you already have it and I missed it in your pics above)?  I've been thinking about ordering the FA Superman from this wave, and slowly starting on a "Supes Shelf" similar to what you've done with GL.  It might do me good to focus in on a particular (favorite) character to keep things in line a bit :P.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 09:58 AM by mosnab »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: August 3, 2005, 01:15 PM »
Planning on picking this one up Jeff (or maybe you already have it and I missed it in your pics above)? 

Not quite sure yet...  My GL focus tends to go more towards the Silver Age and Hal Jordan stuff.  I've got a few Kyle things and a few Golden Age Alan Scott things, but the majority of what I have is from the Silver Age GLCorps stuff.

I haven't totally crossed that figure off my list though... maybe if I can find one cheap I'd grab him.   ;)

Jeff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 3, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Did'jou find my Hal Jordan yet?  You can ship it with my Wedge figure

:-*