Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Holographic Emperor  (Read 19410 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
RotS Holo Emperor
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Mousedroid.com is also reporting that the Holographic Emperor Palpatine will be arriving in Australia for a TRU promotion.

Whilst we are taking about Holographic figure, our Spies have confirmed that the Holographic Emperor Palpatine figure will be landing in Oz around October/November for a Toys R Us Exclusive promotion. Check back very soon as we will be announcing other Australian Retailer 2005 exclusives. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: TRU Exclusive Holographic Emperor
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2005, 05:27 PM »
You know, I would additionally still like to see a big ol' 5" head from the ESB conversation and (I think?) one of the scenes in the Mustafar bunker.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2005, 08:35 PM »
I have a holographic Sidious from Ep. I that I really love. My only compliant is it is alittle tall but I still think it is the primo for capturing the image of Sidious. I have to agree with what others have said about too many holo's with repaints this year. I'll be passing on all the holo's.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2005, 01:09 PM »
went to TRU in antelope valley yesterday.. the manager punched in holo emp. in his computer-came up nothing. Then he punched in just "holographic" and got 2 hits.

The first was a discontinued holo that was just named "holographic" and was rec. in late March (likely Yoda).

Interestingly, the second was named "holographic annakin" and was due out in the fall but was also sadly discontinued

All this and the Holo emp. still not in TRU computers....hmmmm this could lead me to believe that this product will likely release w/ the DVD in Nov. and no longer in Aug like prev. reported.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Has anyone picked this up yet? its on ebay and it was set for a August release date.  ::)

HOLO EMPEROR
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 11:50 PM by SpudTrooper »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2005, 11:46 AM »
SpudTrooper,

You probably know this, but I'll share. Best thing I can say to do is watch the boards here, and at the evil place called Rebelscum. When you see it hit the So. Cal, Bay area, Sacratomato, Las Vegas areas, you know they are hitting. Being in Cal yourself, since they seem to hit the West Coast first a lot of the times, you may want to build a network with a couple of local guys who hunt hard.  Also, find some Asian stores that sell online and watch when they get the figures. We get them 1 to 3 weeks after the Asian stores do.  That's the best advice I can give you besides watching ebay like you are. 
I have heard of release dates for then next 12 from end of Sept. to end of October. Having said that, many thought the Green Clone Commander, the Shock Trooper etc would not hit until now and they hit here in Utah and on the coast about a month ago. Thus I think we'll see the last 12 hit here sometime in the next 3 weeks.
However, for me, Walmart has been the best place for figures but I think that is going to change. Wally's pegs are filling up with the new cases of the Mustafar wave (the sentry is becoming a peg warmer here) and those figures including the Pilot Obi Wan are peg warming. Thus with fill pegs, I watch 3 out of 4 Walmarts take cases back from the pallets to the stock room because the floor is too fill. That might make it harder to find the newer figures for awhile also. Good hunting!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2005, 11:22 AM »
thanks blackdog, i was just wondering since TRU sucks at having new figures in (clone repaints) and i rarely go. Now that the Holo Emperor is coming, i'll have to check every now and then.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 05:48 PM »
'Scum has put one up in their Photo Archives, so someone found one somewhere.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 07:22 PM »
it's just more loose photo's of the overseas earlier release

Brian's Toys also says they have 57-63 in stock but, Anyone seen it in the states? no!

Unless the very unlikely probability that they did hit and people are quiet about it ::)

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Brians toys is way overpriced and I have personally not seen any.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2005, 07:34 PM »
I was just noodling around Amazon/TRU.com, looking at all the stuff that is "Not Yet Released" like the Evolutions Anakin to Vader, and found this (Jeff or other staff, please feel free to modify the link since I don't know how to do so): 

Holographic Emperor

It's listed as "Not Currently Available" right now, but I just thought I'd point it out so we'd all know about it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Maybe Holo Anakin was tooled to kneel before Zod Palps?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2005, 07:58 PM »
Brian's Toys also says they have 57-63 in stock but, Anyone seen it in the states? no!

They are hitting here in So Cal.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2005, 01:22 PM »

FOUND!

By: Me!   ;D
Where: Minnesota TRU, hanging on the pegs
Price: $9.99 plus tax
UPC # = 6 53569 11619 6

Time to start looking!  ;)

edit:
I noticed just now that the Yakface gang has a scan of the upcoming TRU ad for next week:

http://www.yakface.com/clavius/SWad.jpg

So, there you go.  Either buy Holo Palpy for $10 or buy $30 worth of stuff you already have to get him for free on Sunday (assuming of course there are any left :P).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 09:44 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Shweet!

Since last time I posted in here, I DID find an Episode I Holo Sidious. But I still really want this new version.