Author Topic: Making Photonovels aka Ball Of Confusion  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Making Photonovels aka Ball Of Confusion
« on: August 11, 2005, 06:47 AM »
So I was bored today and instead of working on some shots for part II of the Ardan Torik photonovel, I decided to make, not a tutorial, but a little guide revealing my work habits.
First, a little bit about me. I'm in High School right now. I'll be going into my Junior year sometime after August. I've been collecting Star Wars figures (among others) since I was 4 years old, but only began to photograph my colelction 2 years ago, the summer before my Freshmen year in High School. I wrote my first photonovel while I was posting over at RS. It was called "The Defense of Kessel" and it sucked. I took the photos in my family's apartement, so the ground was carpet, the backdrop was a guitar case, the power generator was an Ionic Breeze, the dialogue was written up each time I posted it, it was hosted on Freewebs, and a lot of people seemed to like it. i don't know what their problem was. Maybe it would have been my camera angles, but I'm still not quite sure about those guys. I don't think CHEWIE had Rykrof Enloe up at that point, but I'm sure Vator had Nal Salio up (inspiration to start photonoveling). Thanks, by the way, Vator.

So this is how I organize my photonovels:

1ST Folder: "Star Wars Pictures"

This is where I keep everything Star Wars. During the rush before EPIII I saved everything. Pictures of HS stuff, pictures of Comic covers, articles, anything.

2ND Folder: "Photonovel Ideas"

Where i keep my concept shots. Before I write a story down, I usually play it out as if it were a photonovel first, to see just how possible, or exciting it may be. I also keep some test effects here.

3RD Folder: "Real Deal"

Cheesy name, but that's what happens when your available hours are 3-6 am. This is where i keep the original Ezatam pics, Ezatam (all together) and the Ardan Torik folder.

4TH Folder: "Ardan Torik"

This is the folder that contains Ardan Torik I and the useless photo "jjjjjjj". It's a copy of the "Space" photo. I don't know why I have it. I also keep original Ardan Torik series pics here.

5TH Folder: "Originals"

Clicking on originals leads to the Ardan Torik production. Everything I'm working on now is here. This helps me keep every step of the photonovel process documented and preserved, in case a mistake is made along the way.

6TH Folder: "Use"

I started this folder when I was making Ezatam (a 2 folder production) transition to Ardan Torik (7 folders). It sucked trying to move several pics at a time to different folders, so this is where all the shots I knew were future photonovel shots went, while all the others were kept in limbo. Right now, it houses the 2nd Part of the Ardan Torik Photonovel, which will be moved to a knew folder (next to the first part) when it is completed.

7TH Folder: "Progress"

Using several pregrams to develop a shot required this folder: a place to dump unfinished shots that i didn't want to get rid of, but didn't want to mix with original shots.

So this whole thing is a mess, but I know exactly where everything is inside of it. Thanks for reading, maybe I'll dig up some old scenes from Kessel or something deleted from Ezatam for you guys. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Making Photonovels aka Ball Of Confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Heh heh, this was actually a very cool topic.  I kind of start on my stuff in a similar fashion.

I started my photonovel series in October 2004.  I had done some "video" ones back in 96-97, but they really sucked.

:P

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:10 AM »
 :PMan this looks exhausting but fun.Is it?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 06:16 PM »
It was fun. I've since slowed down quite a bit.