Author Topic: RotS ARC-170  (Read 38447 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Arc Starfighter - Best Vehicle for ROTS?
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Are there stickers to cover up most/all of the screwholes?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Arc Starfighter - Best Vehicle for ROTS?
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Can you perhaps measure from wingtip to wingtip and nose to tail?

I'd dig having those numbers...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: RotS ARC-170
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Some nice pics of this vehicle at GH.com
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4178&zoneid=2

Not sure if they did put on the decals or not?  There are screwholes.  Personally they do not bother me regardless. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2005, 10:49 AM »
Is this a confirmed April 2nd item?  It's the only vehicle that wasn't on the shoot I went on a few weeks ago... so I was assuming it would come out a little down the road - but now they're coming in the mail and all?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 10:53 AM »
I was wondering that as well, if it would be showing up on 4/2 for sure or not.  Probably depends on the store(s) again.  I really wish we could get a little more of a confirmed list of what we'll be seeing that day, just to plan ahead and figure out possible spending ;).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2005, 11:16 AM »
I'm hoping that this ship will be available on the 2nd - there will probably be more Gunships 'cause I think that is technically "Wave 1", but for them to not release a signature vehicle like this on the 2nd would be a HUGE mistake (IMHO)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Oh Man, I really want this ship!!!
now I got to get at least 2 clone pilots!!
 ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2005, 12:12 PM »
I think it holds 3... which means I need at least 3 to sit in it, and another 10 or so for a diorama.

:P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 12:59 PM »
Got around to looking at it quickly last night and you are definitely stuck with all the screw holes with no stickers to cover them.  Still does not bother me.  Its alot bigger than I expected.  Will fit nicely next to a gunship as far as size goes.  It looks in scale from the limited film images I have seen.  The droid compartment was a nice touch.  The span on this thing was around 20" I believe.  I forgot to measure front to back.  Its essentially a cross between an X-Wing and Gunship. Anyone know if this is going to be available on the initial release?  Wouldnt mind another one. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 01:01 PM by rebeltrader »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2005, 01:16 PM »
Does anyone know if the Clone Pilot is going to be out in the initial release?

I'm going to want a WHOLE bunch of them - at least six openers to staff both the ARC-170 and the new ROTS Gunship and an extra in case they release the V-Wing down the road.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Looks like it will be available, as will the pilot... at least I hope so!!

:P

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Okay.  Some observations I have made:

The guns on the wings are both the same.  Meaning there are no seperate left and right handed ones.  So on one gun, the screws are on the inside of the ship while the other side the screws are on the outside. Sevaral people mentioned the distraction on the screws, but I find they blend in rather well.  The majority of the screws are on the underneath.

Each wing gun has a missile that launchs on a hidden button under the gun.  These missiles are pretty good size.  I imagine to eliminate any endangerment to children.  Also, each wing gun has a smaller gun which rotates on the top.

The gun on the rear of the ship rotates circular as well as up and down, it has zero detail and could of used a sticker or two. 

As usual some of the stickers are slightly too big to fit the indented spots on the ship.  There are also several extra stickers to use at your discretion.  Seeing the Clone Wars cartoon the other night with the custom Gunship front (similar to WW2 era planes) has me thinking of doing something similar on this ship, since it has such a distinguishing front nose.  My suggestion is to trim some of the stickers with a razor before applying. 

The colors match are identical to the Gunship. 

There are 3 seats for pilots.  Someone had mentioned there only being two.

The width is more like 22" while the nose to tail is also 22" with the rear gun pointing all the way out. The height of the ship is about 5.5". 

The droid socket will fit any of the various R2 units released to date. 

There is a handle under the ship that is hidden with a compartment which folds up to hide the handle.  On the handle there is a button that opens another compartment that drops out several small bombs.  There is also nose landing gear.

Each wing has 4 hidden extra wings that pop out.  Although it takes a little work to pop them out and they will fall off if opened too much. 

I mentioned before that it is a definite cross between an X-Wing and Gunship with maybe a bit of an A-Wing thrown in.  I'll definitely pick another one up. Its right up there with the Gunship IMO.

SilverZ

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Sounds like a winner. I'm not worried about the screwholes, since they're also present on the Gunship and those didn't bother me.

I'm more psyched than ever for this. It'll be a highlight of next weekend, I think, and will probably kick off an even more frantic Clone Pilot search, as I'll need at least 1 carded and 3 openers now. Oh boy.

The droid socket will fit any of the various R2 units released to date.

That's great news and comforting to know they got it right after screwing up the socket in the Jedi Starfighters.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Thanks for all the numbers on that RebelTrader.

Well, it's MAJORLY underscaled if the numbers on the ARC-170 from the ICS are right, which at this stage I'm wagering they're at least close...  I prefer to analyze the film to get proper scale though, but it's not boding well for the toy with me...

Then again, if the ICS numbers are right, the ship's bigger than a Stuka Divebomber and would make a very large toy if done to-scale.  Wings could break down and the ship be smaller and all (in packaging), but I'm just gonna give up any hope on a scale one at this point.  Save my disappointment it (and saves money for army builder figs).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2005, 05:30 PM »
My biggest concern is that at $30, and a limited amount of money to spend, I could buy 5 more clone troopers and wait for this thing to go clearance at the end of the year.
I mean, I found the ep2 gunship the following Feb 03 on sale for $20 and the slave1 for $13 and it didn't bother me. Got to have something to keep on the wish list to keep the interest for it.
But I still want it  ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"