Author Topic: RotS ARC-170  (Read 38501 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: RotS ARC-170
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005, 05:44 PM »
I'm not waiting for clearances on this... or anything that I want.

This looks like the coolest of all the prequel ships IMO.

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2005, 07:14 PM »
Now that there's shots online:

Length: 14.5m (47.5ft)
Wingspan: 22.6m (75ft)
Height: 4.78m (15.7ft)

It's pretty short in the wings, isn't it? Hmmm.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 07:16 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2005, 12:58 AM »
The actual "real" ship you mean Jared?  Or the toy?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2005, 11:14 AM »
This ship is one of the highlights of Episode 3 toys for me. I'm definitely getting this the second I find it.  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2005, 09:37 PM »
The actual "real" ship you mean Jared?  Or the toy?

Where would one put a 75 foot wide ship, Jesse? ::) :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Hah, sorry just regurgitating the "real" dimensions from the Incredible Cross Sections.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Whats the big deal about screw holes? This certainly isn't the only vehicle to be littered with holes on one side of its body or the other. Besides, all the customizers and openers around here I'd think that more of you would be open to useing some sculpty, putty or filler of some kind to clean this otherwise cool ship up with. Or easier still, hang/display the ARC 170 with the screw holes facing away from the common viewing angle.

I'm buying a few.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2005, 02:49 AM »
I dunno, most other vehicles have much fewer screwholes littering its sculpt, so I agree that it's a major detraction, and with the news that it doesn't have a filler (Stickers would've been simple enough), that's not too swift to me.

Jared, ok I gotcha then.

Yeah, it's short in the length, width, and heighth as well...  If those numbers are actually accurate too.  ;)  Though to-scale wingspan (by the ICS numbers) would be 49" about I think...  A fair size.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Anyone heard any word on the pricepoint for this ship?

SilverZ

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2005, 07:03 PM »
It's 29.99 in the same assortment as the redeco Gunship.

Hopefully these will stick around on shelves for the 10th, so I can pick up an extra and get the Holo Yoda at TRU.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2005, 08:24 PM »
I hoping that I can find some of these on the 2nd, my assitant manger told me that my company is having a contest between the different stores in the coming weeks with the release of ROTS.  I have a few ideas of what I could do with some stuff like this ship which hopefully will let my store win.  If we do my assiatant manger said he will give me his prize of a DVD player (hopefully he means it).  My manger would get a $2,000 home entertainment system and the Grocery manger would get the DVD package.   I just need to figure out what they qutera is for this contest, I thinking it will be tied in to the food promos but not sure of.   

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 3, 2005, 10:22 PM »
For those who picked up the ARC-170 and have opened it, how's that side with the screwholes? Is it like what we saw or different?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 3, 2005, 10:29 PM »
For those who picked up the ARC-170 and have opened it, how's that side with the screwholes? Is it like what we saw or different?

It looks to be pretty much the same, screw-wise, as the one that was pictured at Toy Fair.  I count 16 screw holes on the side of the ship, plus an additional 6 on one of the wing cannons (although they may have packed two of the same gun in my box; either way, they're the same guns).  Two of these screw holes are obscured by the engines, but the rest of them are pretty obvious.  That being said, it is a very cool looking toy (and quite a bit bigger than I expected) and a lot of fun to fly around the room making laser noises admire on the shelf.   ;)

My main problem with the ship isn't with the ship at all, but with the sticker sheet.  As someone else noted earlier (maybe in this thread, I'm too lazy to look), some of the stickers aren't cut so well and they don't fit the "template" areas on the ship all that well.  The only time this particularly irritated me (and detracted from the look of the ship) was with one of the aforementioned screwholes near the back of the ship and the tail gunner's seat.  There is a rather large sticker that only half obscures the screwhole and it was very noticeable.  I ended up cutting the corner off and it still looks good, but this kind of thing is kind of irritating in this day and age.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 4, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Every store I went to this weekend had an empty space where the gunship and ARC-170 were supposed to be...I don't know if I just missed them or if they never arrived!

Is it worth the $30?  The ARC-170 that is...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 4, 2005, 09:45 AM »
The ARC 170 wasn't everywhere this weekend either.  Neither of our Wal-Marts had either of the "big ships".  I found 3 or 4 ARCs on Saturday morning at Target, but passed on it at first because it just seemed like I was spending too much.  I went back Saturday afternoon, and they had one left, so I decided to pick it up.  Haven't opened it yet, but the box is pretty big.  The only place I saw the Gunship this weekend was at KB Toys, no one else seemed to have them.  Not that I want/need another one anyways.