Author Topic: RotS ARC-170  (Read 38448 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: RotS ARC-170
« Reply #60 on: April 4, 2005, 11:55 AM »
Same thing is true in my area - the only place I saw the Gunship was at KB Toys - bought one there since KB had it for $29.99 (same price as Target for the ARC-170).

I was able to grab two of the ARC-170s at Target earlier the same morning. Haven't opened it up yet (I like to spread my booty out, I find it much more satisfying than just spending the rest of the day opening EVERYTHING).

I'll probably open it either tonight or tomorrow night. Kinda putting it off since I don't have any Clone Pilots to put in it yet...  :-[
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 4, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Yeah, I was like that to.  No point in buying the ARC if I can't put clone pilots in it.  Plus I had spent enough at that point. 

SilverZ

« Reply #62 on: April 4, 2005, 02:45 PM »
The only place we saw the ARCs this weekend was Target. I picked one up for 29.99.

The ship was the first thing I opened once at home (along with 2 Clone Pilots to fly it). Strange as it may seem, it has turned out to be the one item I was most excited about. It turns out that the toy is actually very well made. It feels solid, can be loaded up with figures, has that PFX Xwing-style "flying" handle that tucks away into the fuselage, and feels big.

Now, if TRU could kindly get the Gunship in for next weekend's free Yoda, all will be well.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 4, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Did anyone else end up with four extra stickers and no spot on the instructions as to where to put them? This annoyed me.

The nice thing about the cockpits though is that I was able to temporarily staff my ARC-170 with three CloneTroopers (#6) quite nicely - they fit in the three spots just fine (nice for a change IMHO)....

I was zooming all over the house with it like a kid!  :D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 4, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I haven't applied all the stickers to mine yet, but did assemble it.  It's freaking awesome... by far my favorite prequel vehicle so far.  That would easily change though if an AT-TE were made.

The size of this ship is fine in my opinion. 

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #65 on: April 5, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Did anyone else end up with four extra stickers and no spot on the instructions as to where to put them? This annoyed me.

Yes, that was annoying to me, too. I'm stumped as to where to put them, and am none too fond of slapping stickers on my ships all willy-nilly. Actually, I tend to check the box art for how Hasbro applied the stickers, and was surprised to find that there are many differences in the ship as depicted on the box compared to the final product. For example, the area where the "Target" label is applied on the rising wing-flaps is recessed in the picture, and raised on the actual toy. Odd.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 5, 2005, 09:14 AM »

was surprised to find that there are many differences in the ship as depicted on the box compared to the final product. For example, the area where the "Target" label is applied on the rising wing-flaps is recessed in the picture, and raised on the actual toy. Odd.

Happens quite a bit actually.  A scratch built prototype is usually built for box photography because a production sample is not available in time. 

I have experience with this... 8)
« Last Edit: April 5, 2005, 09:15 AM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I haven't applied all the stickers to mine yet, but did assemble it.  It's freaking awesome... by far my favorite prequel vehicle so far.  That would easily change though if an AT-TE were made.

The size of this ship is fine in my opinion. 

Yeah, the box was huge.  I am assuming the ship is as well.  I could see the screwholes being mildly annoying but still worth getting this.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Yes, that was annoying to me, too. I'm stumped as to where to put them, and am none too fond of slapping stickers on my ships all willy-nilly. Actually, I tend to check the box art for how Hasbro applied the stickers, and was surprised to find that there are many differences in the ship as depicted on the box compared to the final product. For example, the area where the "Target" label is applied on the rising wing-flaps is recessed in the picture, and raised on the actual toy. Odd.

Thanks for responding Jared...

I noticed what you're talking about to, re: the "Target" label...

I also scoured the box pics to see if I could figure out where these four other stickers go. I decided not to apply them in hopes that one day, Hasbro will release a corrected instruction set for the stickers (yeah right)...

Another thing that (kinda) annoyed me about this ship was the lack of cockpit stickers. The co-pilot is basically looking at a gray square. What's up with that? The pilot's console sticker is a big blur and the square in front of the co-pilot didn't even get stickers. I guess you get what you pay for and for this size ship, $30 isn't a bad deal...
Peter

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2005, 11:58 AM »

I finally got around to assembling my ARC last night and I too was left with 4 stickers.

I just used my "imagination" and stuck them on the bottom of the ship since it seemed to be lacking in stickers.  The sticker witht he triangle I stuck on the wing, kinda under where the one on the top wing went.  the other two parallelogram type stickers I stuck on part of the wing in a place where they kinda seemed to go.

If it was wrong, well then I guess it's wrong.    :-X

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Hehe.

This is one freaking great piece!  I'm so giddy over it.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 5, 2005, 05:09 PM »
I'm pretty stoked over it too.  Only problem is the lack of pilots in stores right now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 5, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I just wanted to point out that there is a note on the sticker/instruction sheet that says something along the lines of "apply remaining stickers whereever you like."  It's not as cool to me as the "damage" stickers for the Jedi Fighters/Tri-Droid Fighter, but they weren't put on there by mistake. 

And ruiner, yeah, it's worth it.  If you thought the Gunship was cool the first time you saw it, this one has it beaten (and I still think the Gunship is amazing).  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 5, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Yes, this is well worth the pricetag - I am actually surprised it didn't retail for a bit more!  But no complaints about that!

Yes, everyone buy this and pave the way for the AT-TE...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2005, 01:41 PM »
Well, you guys are right...the ship ****** rocks!  And I got a free holo yoda to boot!

At first, I thought the box was kinda small but after assembling it, this thing kicks ass!

And you're right, the decal diagram portion of the instruction sheet blows big time.

Question though - who pilots the rear gun?  A clone pilot or the AT-TE gunner?

Probably look cooler with the AT-TE gunner!   8)