Author Topic: Wimpy/whiney Luke....a SITH?  (Read 6026 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Wimpy/whiney Luke....a SITH?
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2006, 11:06 AM »
You have to remember that Luke is pretty much the last of the Jedi.  With that said, he can wear pretty much whatever he thinks a Jedi should wear.

I don't think he has any idea (sans Old Ben) what Jedi should look like.

Wearing black in ROTJ has no Sith like connotation to me - it's just Luke dressing, what he thinks, a Jedi should be.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2006, 11:37 AM »
You have to remember that Luke is pretty much the last of the Jedi.  With that said, he can wear pretty much whatever he thinks a Jedi should wear.

I don't think he has any idea (sans Old Ben) what Jedi should look like.

Wearing black in ROTJ has no Sith like connotation to me - it's just Luke dressing, what he thinks, a Jedi should be.

I never really thought about this before -- but perhaps he's dressing to reflect his burden that he's carrying.  I always assumed he was wearing black to show his maturing as a man and trying to look like what he thinks a Jedi should.  Perhaps he was merely reflecting was he was feeling on the inside.  He found out Vader was his father, then dear old dad chopped his hand off and wants him to join him in the family business, the girl he's dopey for is pining after another, his best friend has been taken by a bounty hunter, the future of the galaxay and the Jedi rests on his shoulders, he has to face his master with his tail between his legs and complete his training AND he must face his father again -- I'd say he was feeling a little dark and despairing.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 02:17 PM »
agreed....good analysis Tracy! 8)