Author Topic: How's everyone doing?!  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: How's everyone doing?!
« Reply #60 on: May 6, 2020, 02:28 AM »
I converted mine to Pemmican so we can trade.

Yeah not everyone gets...  some folks got totally screwed since they struggled in the first place and were kind of forgotten.  In Diane’s instance her youngest son came home from college when it shut down, and even tho he was a dependent on her taxes he worked a bit every year and yet she didn’t get $ for him (the $500) and since he was claimed he didn’t get $1200 for himself...  that was one major screw job for working families with kids in college, who the child is now home eating and costing like an adult instead of being at school he paid for. He got some $ back from the school but it’s small and of course it’s $ owed back from what he borrowed...  He didn’t gripe, but yeah it kinda sucked for him since he has expenses too and the school didn’t refund much.  They got theirs I guess.. 🤷‍♂️

Fortunately he’ll have work with the township before too long but he lost what income he did have working at the school and he lost out on stimulus money, and his mother got no help due to his age.  Basically we are covering some of his expenses he’d covered himself till his job kicks in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: How's everyone doing?!
« Reply #61 on: May 8, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Government web site got updated and allowed me to apply for a stimulus check finally, which is a small victory as my job got eliminated the other day as my company also cut most contractors and instituted a 20% furlough for those left.  Add me to the list of  3+ million temporarily on the dole.

Silver lining is I've got a bunch of extra time to work on getting my collection organized.  :P