Author Topic: Hunter S Thompson Prints  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Hunter S Thompson Prints
« on: July 28, 2005, 07:09 PM »
I wanted to draw something to pay tribute to the good Doctor, Hunter S Thompson, who has been a pretty big influence on me and my writing. I ended up drawing a really nice piece, that is both ink and pencil at the same time - not something that usually works for me... but it looks great, and I actually got a couple of requests for prints... so of course I decided to go all out and just offer up prints to everyone and see what happens. I'm selling cardstock prints at both 8.5x11 and also 11x17... the really cool thing about it is that I've watercolored each print individually - no two pieces are alike.

Anyway, just wanted to share this with everyone, as I'm really happy with it.

Forgive the pixelation.

Anyone interested in buying a print should feel free to PM me, of course.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 07:10 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter S Thompson Prints
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:15 AM »
KICK-ASS!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2005, 09:11 PM »
Hunter brings out the best in you Brad. Nothing to say except it's great! Too bad this isn't the definitive "Gonzo Journalism' site or "Fear & Loathing Fan Club". You could make a mint if you found the right target audience. I'd even suggest you try selling it on ebay or something. I'm sure if the price was fair you'd get plenty of customers...

Keep it up and I must admit that airbrush is a hell of a lot of fun, but I think I got rid of my Badger and air compressor due to the multicolored boogers I was blowing. I even wore a mask and still inhale enough to make me think twice about doing it. It was about that time (12 years ago) I was also inhaling a lot of illicit, psychotropic drugs. I guess I wasn't all that thrilled about inhaling something without the payoff. I wonder which did more long-term brain damage... The acrylic air brush ink I inhaled or the (censored to protect my stellar reputation here).

Anyway, good stuff Brad! Now go and listen to something different, classic and killer like: Cultasaurus Erectus and/or Extraterrestrial Live by Blue Oyster Cult. I also strongly recommend: 2112 and A Farewell to Kings (Cygnus X1) by Rush. These are musical experiences for all the senses...

Ciao!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2005, 12:15 PM »
one of my all time favorite movies! that is some great hunter art, i really like the one in themiddle with the patch jacket! how much are you selling them for?

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: September 8, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay in response...

I'd even suggest you try selling it on ebay or something.

I'm thinking about contacting GONZO.org and seeing if they'd be so kind as to plug my work a little. I've thought about eBay, too, and my friend volunteered to handle all of the eBay stuff for me (free of charge). I've just been so out of it lately, and I'm so paranoid and weird about my artwork anymore, that I haven't really taken those little steps to promote myself (not much beyond here, at least).

how much are you selling them for?

8.5x11 = $25
11x17 = $45

They're individually watercolored, so if you wanted a specific color scheme, that wouldn't be a problem, either.