Author Topic: Psycho's Customs - Updated 8/05 WIP  (Read 5200 times)

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Psycho's Customs - Updated 8/05 WIP
« on: July 29, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm coming over from the Rebelscum forums, the group projects there have gotten me interested, and I see you all do similar things here. I'm looking forward to getting involved in those. In the meantime, I'd like to share the handful of customs I do have completed. Let me know what you think!

Senth Kiran, Imperial Hunter

Lee-Da Mem, Jedi Master

ISB Officer

Grand Moff Tarkin (based on DARKLORD1967's)

An unnamed fallen Jedi

SS-N8 War Droid prototype

If you've got comments, I'd be happy to hear them! Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 02:52 AM by PsychoGunz »

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
Re: Psycho's Customs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:04 PM »
I've seen most of your work on other boards, and I loved it! I mostly like the fallen jedi and the droid. Very creative, very clean
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 02:39 PM »
Welcome!  Glad to see you landed here.  Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Newbies section.   :)

Senth Kiran - Great job, is he employed by the Empire? 

Lee-Da Mem - She's ugly, but a good use of parts.  She looks like she should be a history teacher or something at the Jedi Temple.

ISB Officer - Looks good, that Valorum head always works well for Imperials it seems.

Tarkin - Another nice figure.  I had done the same, but ended up going with the ROTS Tarkin for a custom ANH version.

Fallen Jedi - Now this is great work... you should throw him in the Monthly Customizing Thread as a Sith Lord.  Wow, I want to know more about how you made him.  I can tell there is a Titan AE body used.

War Droid - In that all fours postition he looks like he came right out of one of C3PO's nightmares!  How did you make this masterpiece??

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Nice customs, you've got some real talent, I'm sure you will add a lot to our customs discussions!

My favorites are the War Droid and the Fallen Jedi.  Do you have a parts list for that War Droid?  It's very impressive.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I can see some Battle Droid parts in the War Droid... I wonder what else?

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 03:07 PM »
To answer some questions:

Senth Kiran is a Rebellion-era Imperial Agent. He's a scout and hunter who's found full-time employment with the Empire. Being an alien, he isn't treated especially well, nor does he particularly enjoy his work, but he has a "a job's a job" attitude about it. POFT2 Tie Pilot arms and legs, Storm Trooper gauntlets and boots, and "prune face"'s head and torso.

Regarding Leda-Mem... I always found it amusing the Jedi Council is made up of middle-aged to ancient males, and the females all look 20 something and either wear highly ornamental robes, or barely anything.  Leda is an attempt to balance that out a bit, give character like Qui-Gon Jinn a contemporary. Characterwise, she was once extremely gifted with foresight through the Force, but upon feeling that the exterimination of the Jedi was close at hand, she refused to believe her our instincts and blinded herself to the future.

The Fallen Jedi is actually a Wind Commander "Pilgrim Traitor" body, arms from the Rancor Keeper, boots from an Ep1 Naboo Pilot, hands from Jedi Training Obi-Wan, and the head is the horned Cantina Alien.  An accomplished master of the lightsaber, he turned from the Jedi Order when Vader began to exterminate them, using the Dark Side as a sort of cloak or shroud in the Force to hide behind, knowing Vader's and the Emperor's attention would be focused on the Light.

SS-N8 is mostly rearranged Battle droid parts, the guns are from Xyber-9 weapons, the "toes" are from a medical droid, the backpack is from a Gundam, and that little bit connecting his torso to his hips is from an Avenger's accessory. The rest, as I said, are battledroid parts cut up and reordered. (reversed head, legs for arms, hips for feet, etc)

Originally,  he was going to be partly transformable. He'd walk on 4 limbs, then turn his head/torso around, flip his limbs, and have a standing/firing stance. Well, that got dropped along the way, but when I posted the original pictures, Master_Phurby noted he looked a little like the striding creatures from Dark Crystal, so I took that last picture of him in the 4-legged stance... that's how I've got him posed now.

Storywise, he's an ancient war-droid prototype that ended up fighting FOR the Republic in the clone wars, against the droid army.  Old EU says the Empire banned assassin droids and the like, so SS-N8 was forced into exile, and ended up working alongside the Rebellion from time to time.

Thanks for all the comments and questions guys!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Thanks for all of the explanations and comments.

I think on the Dark Jedi the head is from Labria, the guy in the Cantina 3-pk - is that who you mean?

The War Droid is so cool... it reminds me of the killer droid in Red Planet -

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Welcome aboard! :)

Senth Kiran - Very cool, the stormtrooper parts are blended seemlessly they look like a t natural fit, you really don't see too many Dressialian customs these days.

Lee-Da Mem - Like CHEWIE said, I can definitely picture her as a teacher. She is a nice use of parts and a well put together figure.

ISB Officer - Simple and effective. Vallorum's head is great for imperials

Tarkin - Looks great, I still have to do this to mine.

Fallen Jedi - I remember seeing the fallen Jedi on RS awhile back when I still posted there, I love it. Excellent use of parts, and it is a killer pose. I like the backpack thing.

War Droid - Smply Awesome. I think this is the best of the buch, I see some EP1 BD parts but am at a loss for what the rest is. The paint app. is perfect, it is weathered just the right amount in all the right places. I do have one suggetion though, make an army of them. :D ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!  ;D
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08 PM »
The war droid is my favorite. I like how is posed to run on all fours. Then backflips into standing position. Guns a blazing! The prune face guy is also a great design.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 10:23 PM »
No dresselian customs?! You speak too soon. ;)

That droid is flippin' awsome! Great use of parts, and I might borrow the design.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 07:49 PM »
The war droid is my favorite. I like how is posed to run on all fours. Then backflips into standing position. Guns a blazing! The prune face guy is also a great design.

I think you're right about the back flip move... I can really envision him vaulting forward with all his weight on his front "legs", swinging his rear legs up and over his head, planting them onto the ground, then swinging the guns up, over, and down into a firing position. One of those totally unnecessary moves that he's got programmed in just to cool and intimidate his targets. ;)

Thanks a lot guys, feedback really helps to get me motivated in making new figures... thanks for letting me share.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 10:15 PM »
No problem... and for the most part we try to give some actual feedback rather than at a different site where so many people write "Nice!" or "Kewl!" and that's all the say.

We are all looking forward to more of your work and your comments on our stuff too.

Offline sith_fire30

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 2, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I love that fallen jedi! Very cool!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 2, 2005, 02:10 PM »
I'm pretty much liking all of these, but like everyone else, I lean heavily towards the droid and fallen Jedi. The paint on these is great, and the use of parts is really creative. The droid especially looks like something that's straight from the EU, maybe Old Republic era. The backstories you've created are also fun; I need to do more of that with my work.

Best compliment I can give is that I want to make my own.  ;)

Anyway, good to have you join us, Psycho! I hope you'll find the feedback here more constructive than that at RS. (Which, truth be told, isn't hard.)  :P

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 3, 2005, 02:07 AM »

This was my "entry" for the last round of group projects at Rebelscum, based somewhat on the "bettie bot" from ROTS. I wasn't too fond of the original design, and went for a simple paint job on her. The black beneath the metallic plates is supposed to tie it in a bit with the original trilogy droids, which were either puppets or people in body suits. She's pretty basic, but I'm happy with the results.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2005, 02:08 AM by PsychoGunz »