Author Topic: Carded Wedge, finally!  (Read 53255 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Wedge, finally!
« Reply #75 on: October 3, 2005, 01:53 PM »
I'll pass. I'm an Imperial kind of guy.  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 3, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I think it would be nice if this was part of a wide scale release in the upcomming SAGA line instead.  You could have two variations - one as Biggs and one as Wedge. 

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 3, 2005, 07:23 PM »
I just wish it was released at retail instead of this stupid $14.99 price tag or whatever the hell they are charging for it.  Yeah, why the Falcon in the background?  That makes no sense at all.  LOL!  I mean really. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 3, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Yeah, why the Falcon in the background?  That makes no sense at all.  LOL!  I mean really. 

It makes more sense then packaging him with a Felucia cardback.  :P
« Last Edit: October 3, 2005, 08:17 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #79 on: October 3, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Yeah, this is just a head scratcher... one, they can't do right by Wedge, and two, like Chewie said, this should have been included in next year's regular retail line.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 3, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Finally some OT goodness....I didn't notice that the helmet was corrected.  EVEN better....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 4, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I'm looking forward to this figure, and it will actually be my first Wedge in the collection.  I agree though, I don't see why this couldn't have been a mass release figure next year.  I mean, we can get Jek Porkins and Dutch Vander as mass release figures, and Wedge is an internet exclusive?  Oh well, at least we're getting a new (better) version.  I just think Wedge would be well known enough to warrant a retail/mass release figure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 4, 2005, 11:37 AM »
I'm looking forward to this figure, and it will actually be my first Wedge in the collection.  I agree though, I don't see why this couldn't have been a mass release figure next year.  I mean, we can get Jek Porkins and Dutch Vander as mass release figures, and Wedge is an internet exclusive?  Oh well, at least we're getting a new (better) version.  I just think Wedge would be well known enough to warrant a retail/mass release figure.

Hasbro knows that tons of people have been screaming for a carded wedge for years now - so they'll go ahead and take advantage.

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 5, 2005, 11:52 PM »
I don't know guys, it looks like a custom to me. There's no reason for the falcon to be in the background. Just doesn't seem real.
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2005, 11:17 PM »
I don't know guys, it looks like a custom to me. There's no reason for the falcon to be in the background. Just doesn't seem real.

Never under estimate the lazyness of Hasbro's exclusives department.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2005, 11:39 AM »
I was lazy and never got around to preordering this, and now it's not listed anymore.

Anyone have any idea if it's going to show up in stock again? Also when is it supposed to ship?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2005, 11:59 AM »
I was lazy and never got around to preordering this, and now it's not listed anymore.

Anyone have any idea if it's going to show up in stock again? Also when is it supposed to ship?

He is scheduled to ship in Late November / Early December.

He is still in stock at New Force for $9.99 plus shipping.

If you want to spend $2 more, he is in stock at Action Figure Express for $11.99 plus shipping.

Or, if you want to waste even more cash, he is still in stock at EntertainmentEarth.com for $12.99 plus shipping.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2005, 03:42 PM »

I've chosen the EE path.

I's like to know why SWS has closed orders and put a cap on an open-order exclusive. ******* morons.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I's like to know why SWS has closed orders and put a cap on an open-order exclusive. ******* morons.

Well, theSWShop.com Wedge is coming with a Star Case and that exclusive Topps Wedge card so maybe they ran out of the Topps card and thus had to stop taking orders all together until they are sure they can get more cards from Topps?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 4, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Here is the OLD mock-up photo that we saw earlier this fall:

And here are some updated carded Wedge shots (from EE):

Wow!  What a difference!  So many improvements to be noted:
- insert photo is X-Wing Wedge, not snowspeeder Wedge!
- card photo of X-Wing in the background!
- posed with Helmet off and new bubble tray (mock-up used the Dutch Vadndar tray)
- classic OTC card layout/design

I'm REALLY glad that this has changed so much from the first photos that popped up.  the idea of getting a carded PotF2 rehash Wedge carded sucked hard, but this new final version rocks!

This is a PRIME example of how Hasbro can listen to fans and make some changes on the fly to give us a much improved product!  :)