Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277833 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1155 on: August 4, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Man, I don't know if I'd buy something like that. I'd rather see that money spent on these be applied to the 6" line, but TB is weird like that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 4, 2005, 10:09 PM »
Rumors from the GD, on their main page now:

Hey folks, we have it from good sources that the following is the coming line-up to be offered from Toybiz over the next 6-8 months for Lord of the Rings...BE HAPPY...BE VERY HAPPY:

EPIC TRILOGY
Collection Asst 1/2 (Sep/Oct 05)
Aragorn
Frodo with Book
Gandalf in robes
Gondorian Archer
Legolas
Mordor
Witch King
Eowen

Collection Asst 3 (Jan/Feb 06)

Aragorn w/Light up Palantir
Super-Poseable Legolas
Easterling w/Banner
Orc w/Banner
Corsair

Collection Asst 4 (Apr/May 06)

Barrow Wight ????
Birch Ent
Rosie Cotton
Berserker Uruk w/ Bomb
Aragorn w/ Red Sleeves at Rohan
Wolf the Wild Man
"To be determined" figure

LOTR Epic Battle (aka "Unleashed") (Feb/Mar 06)

Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas

NOTE: This is some AWESOME news...if only half of this is true...we will all be happy to add these to our collections. Stay tuned here for more!!!

I'm seriously interested in owning Rosie Cotton, the Corsair, and the Easterling.
I think this list could be real, since it has the obligatory Aragorns and Legolases (Legolasi?) that plague the line now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1157 on: August 4, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Wow.  The barrow wright is from the book, not the movie.  And that last assortment, if true, sure looks like a cleaning out the drawer assortment.  I'll be stunned if there's anything beyond that in the way of figures.

That said, I'd like a Corsair.   :)

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 8, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Huge LOTR fan and I have one of each figure, and mutiple of some. Anyway, from the list this is what I want:

EPIC TRILOGY
Collection Asst 1/2 (Sep/Oct 05) buy all of these
Aragorn at Rivendell with shards of Narsil
Frodo with Book
Gandalf in robes
Gondorian Archer
Mordor Orc with skull
Eowen

Collection Asst 3 (Jan/Feb 06)

Aragorn w/Light up Palantir (sorry, but I'll probably pass, tired of all my Aragorn's)
Super-Poseable Legolas (pass)
Easterling w/Banner (maybe)
Orc w/Banner (maybe)
Corsair (wil buy even though rumor has it that it will not be PJ but one of the other staff members who was on the ship).

Collection Asst 4 (Apr/May 06)

Barrow Wight ? (I doubt this will be made)
Birch Ent (will buy)
Rosie Cotton (hmmm is she in her wedding dress or normal? Will probably buy)
Berserker Uruk w/ Bomb (will buy)
Aragorn w/ Red Sleeves at Rohan (Nope, enough of Aragorn at Rohan to last til doomsday)
Wolf the Wild Man (buy)
"To be determined" figure

Now, having said that, I have to say that I really wanted the line to be done after the Epic 2 figures. I guess that is reflected in my non-completist purchases reflected above. I have loved collecting this line, and have it on display, but as much as I love the books and movies, I am very close to closing out on my collecting of the ToyBiz figures. I mean, how many more Aragorn's, Legolas et all can I get? Now, I CANNOT wait for The Hobbit in 5 or 6 years and will buy one of each dwarf, and the variations they put out. I see the traveling dwarfs, the Battle of Five Armies Dwarfs, Bilbo traveling, Biblo Twilight (different pose then the one we got in the 3 pack with the ring in his palm?), Bilbo in mithril armor, Bilbo at Battle of Five Armies (or would that also be a Twilight one?), Gandalf in his various poses . . . .
In all honesty, I would buy the dwarfs on journey, the dwarfs at Battle of Five Armies (especially Thorin) Beorn, the Elvenking Thranduil, Bard, 1 Bilbo, maybe 1 Gandalf, Bolg, the trolls Burt,  Bill and the other one, an eagle, Dain II Ironfoot.  Anyway, that will be an exciting time!
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 8, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Does anyone want a deluxe horse and rider set - Ringwraith version?  I have one in the box and don't really want it anymore.  I can throw an extra horse your way as well.  I'll sell it or trade it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 8, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Who or what is a "Barrow Wight"?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 8, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I noticed this weekend that our TRU is finally back in the LOTR game, after not having any basic figures (aside from some older box sets) for many months.  Tucked way back on the very end of the action figure aisle were three pegs for LOTR, and they had what looked like newer figures to me.  An Aragorn I don't think I had seen before, a Frodo that I have seen before, and the Balrog Battle Gandalf.  I was half tempted to pick up the Gandalf, but left it for now because I told the Mrs. that I was all done with LOTR stuff ;).  I'm still kind of thinking about it though, I guess it gets more tempting when new Star Wars stuff isn't being found around here ;).

Offline Aggressive Bill

• Youngling
  • On a computer far...far away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 9, 2005, 05:13 PM »
Morbug, buddy, chum....  I'm interested in it if you still have it.  The only question is what condition is it in?  I'm always interested in giving my money away.  ;D
Have you ever wondered what a love child between Yoda and a wookie would look like?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 9, 2005, 05:17 PM »
It's in quite good condition.  I'll snap a pic and then pm it to you tonight or tomorrow. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 11, 2005, 02:21 AM »
What if they made a SMOGG battle scene with bilbo-would you buy that Morbius, I mean morbug? Piss off??? :-\ I heard that said to folks in England alot years ago...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 20, 2005, 09:50 PM »
The Green Dragon has an update featuring several pictures of Epic Trilogy Wave 1:  Aragorn: Council of Elrond, Gandalf Stormcrow, Frodo with Book, and Gondorian Swordsman.  Check out the details and pics at the link above.  I'm still tempted to build my LOTR collection a little further, and I'm wondering how much longer the figures will be at retail.  Our local TRU has a couple of figures, Wal-Mart has 3 pegs full of Frodo, and Target doesn't have any after their reset (or before, actually).  Anyone picking up some of these Epic Trilogy figures, or are there a few others you'd like to pick up from the line overall?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 21, 2005, 01:40 AM »
I really don't like that mustache on the Gondorian swordsman. But since I'll be really lucky to find just one, I'll live with it.

I'll buy Aragorn and Gandalf, but I'm not sure about Frodo.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1167 on: August 21, 2005, 05:53 AM »
I might get Aragorn, he seems to be well worth it, but that's it.  Beyond the Gondorian, I mean.  Some of the repacks are figs I don't even have yet, so those will be nice.  Mostly, I just want that Eowyn.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 23, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Not really "LOTR Figures", but it fits in with LOTR stuff I guess....I hadn't seen this posted, but it looks like Code 3 will be releasing a Fellowship of the Ring 3D poster, similar to the Star Wars ones that are currently being released.  You can check out a pic of it at LOTRGuide.com if you are interested.  This might be old news, but this was the first time I had seen it I guess.  Kind of spiffy.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 7, 2005, 02:01 AM »
Stuff currently up for preorder at the Outer Reaches, and I copied this entire thing from The GD.

Lord of the Rings Epic Trilogy Wave 3:
Contains: Aragorn w/ Light-Up Palantir, Super-Poseable Legolas, Easterling w/ Banner, Orc w/ Banner and Corsair
Lord of the Rings Epic Trilogy Wave 4:
Barrow Wight, Birch Ent, Rosie Cotton, Berserker Uruk w/ Bomb, Aragorn w/ Red Sleeves at Rohan, Wulf the Wild Men, and a final TBD figure

Lord of the Rings A Fell Gathering Gift Set:
Gorbag, Orc Warrior, Dungeons of Isengard Orc Captain, Sharku, and the Isengard Orc. This set was claimed to be cancelled but it looks like they just delayed it a little, it will now see a January 2006 release.

Other Figures included in the list which will be available for Pre-Order at a later time are:
LOTR Epic Battle Assortment March 2006:
Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas (UNLEASHED!!!)

LOTR “Best of” Deluxe Assortment 1 January 2006:
Aragorn, Witchking, Gimli, Frodo...Guessing these are just going to be re-released roto figures.

LOTR “Best of” Deluxe Assortment 2 April 2006:
Legolas, Gandalf, Sam, Eomer

Sure. Reissue the rest of the roto figures EXCEPT the freakin' Troll. Jerkwad TB. And why couldn't they do characters like Rosie Cotton back when the movies were out, or around DVD releases? At least then we had a prayer of finding them.