Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277830 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1245 on: March 10, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Yes, if you search on ebay for Mordor Orc or Mordor Orc Lieutenant they have hit New York, New Jersey, Charlotte NC. 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 12, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Seems that at TRU there are 3 packs of figures hitting. One is with the Epic 2 Legolas, Epic 2 Witch King with Flaming Sword, and the Epic 2 Mordor Orc Lieutenant. So keep your eyes open. IF anyone finds an extra please PM me. I'd be happy to pay $20 plus shipping if someone wants to help a HUGE LOTR fan!

Same offer goes for me.
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 12, 2006, 10:34 PM »
Epic? Whats that?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2006, 11:59 PM »
It was supposed to be a relaunch of the Trilogy line, with better-looking card art. Alas, retailers didn't get on board with it, and Toy Biz elected not to renew the license for 2006 and later, so that's the last two waves of LOTR figures.

Epic 1 consisted of Rivendell Aragorn, Gondorian Swordsman, Gandalf Stormcrow, some repacks, and a Frodo w/ journal that now warms pegs at TRUs nationwide.

Epic 2 features the Witchking of Angmar w/flaming sword, a new Eowyn, and the much in-demand Mordor Orc Lieutenant. This wave is making us loyal LOTR toy fans go nuts since TB elected to hose us by not releasing them in the US, except for a few value packs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1249 on: March 20, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Anyone found the Epic Orc three pack?  I thought about buying one off eBay but haven't pulled the trigger yet

Still need Eowyn as well and I'd be all done with this bad boy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 20, 2006, 11:55 PM »
It hasn't shown in the north yet.  I'll be checking Bloomington, IL next week though I won't be holding my breath.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Annatar

• Youngling
  • Lord Sauron the Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 2, 2006, 11:40 PM »
So still no Orc 3-packs for any of you?
Rebelscum: The Wal-Mart of Star Wars forums.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1252 on: April 3, 2006, 10:46 PM »
Nope.  The only new thing I've seen is those Gothmog three packs now have a SP Strider in them instead of the HD Aragorn.  Some of them, anyways.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 19, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I found one of those electronic Sauron figures (talks and has light up eyes) for $9.99 today.  I think they originally retailed up here for $39, so I was happy to buy it.  Wasn't expecting to own that figure, but it will be a nice addition at a good price.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Sideshow 12" Figures
« Reply #1254 on: May 22, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Boromir is next up for Sideshow - preorder on the 30th.  The hair coloring is all wrong so I am going to wait for better pictures before I order but more than likely, I'll order it.

Boromir
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 4, 2006, 11:21 PM »
The Balrog's on its way.

****. I SO do not have the scrib for this thing now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 4, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Interesting time to bump this up.  I saw the Elven box set (whatever it's called) and the Mouth of Sauron set at a clearance outlet locally for $30 per box.  That's a pretty good improvement over the $39-49 regular retail we had here.  The Elf box never actually showed here in original release.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 5, 2006, 04:27 PM »
I never did see the Lothlorien set here, or in any of my travels. It's around, so I should probably get that soon, or hopefully find the Haldir and Celeborn figures that were exclusively in that set since I don't need another damn Frodo or Aragorn.

I hope that Balrog stays in stock for another month or so, so I can get one before they disappear. At the price, I think it will, but I doubt the production run was very high, so I wonder.

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
BALROG is here.
« Reply #1258 on: August 11, 2006, 09:02 PM »
Okay, just got home (Burbank, CA) and saw the Balrog sitting on my front step. 

It comes in a HUGE brown box that says, "NECA 25" Balrog Electronic Action Figure" on the side. I opened the box up, and the Balrog is packaged in many different sections inside. There's no retail packaging aside from the plain brown box it comes in...so there's definitely no chance of seeing this at stores like Suncoast, etc.

I didn't realize he was going to come completely disassembled. It looks cool from what I can tell. Need to clear a space in the collecting room so I can lay all the pieces out and put him together later.

According to the box, I received #2071 of 2400.

Snags

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 29, 2006, 09:51 PM »
*biz-ump*

Where's the best place to find the Toybiz LOTR figures online? I checked Ebay, and prices are reasonable for the later, less available figures, but I couldn't find them in any sort of structure. I checked out KB Toys, TRU, Walmart, Target, and none of them are selling LOTR figures anymore, so I'm afraid I must go online. The site I trust most, EE, doesn't sell them either, so to catch up on these collectibles, where would you suggest I go to find them?