Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 280630 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #810 on: August 9, 2004, 05:44 PM »
Just picked up the Coronation set at TRU, nice set for $25!  Also read a report that this same TRU had the 111th Birthday Bilbo Wave there yesterday...who else is in that case????

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #811 on: August 9, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Moria Archer
Gil Galad
Elrond of Rivendell
King Elendil

Still waiting for ANYTHING to show here. I picked up the Gates of Mordor set, but it really isn't blowing up my skirt since there's only one new figure in there. Two, if you count the horse.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 16, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Taking a look at the LOTR figures while out and about this weekend, and still trying to talk my wife into me finishing out what I want from this line (I only want 4 more figures, I don't think that is too bad :P).  Anyways, although there were finally some figures on the pegs at Wal-Mart again (they have been bare for awhile), Target honestly seems to be the best at stocking LOTR stuff around here.  However, the prices at both Targets are $6.99 a figure.  I guess I don't really buy these regularly, so I forget, but weren't these at around $5-ish a figure earlier this year or later last year?  I think Wal-Mart has them priced at $5.88.

Also...on a side note, any word on when the next TTT wave from the Trilogy series is coming out?  If I remember correctly there is supposed to be a "new" superposeable Helm's Deep Aragorn and a superposeable Frodo as well.  Those are two characters I don't have yet, and was kind of waiting to see what the new representations looked like.  Anyways, just wondering if/when they were coming out.  Seems like new LOTR figure news has been a little slower lately.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #813 on: August 16, 2004, 10:26 AM »
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 3 Available July 2004

-Elrond in Robes
-Gil-Gilad with Spear Attack Action
-Elendil with Sword Attack Action
-Moria Archer with Evil Goblin Armor
-111th Birthday Bilbo
-Lurtz with Real Arrow Launching Action (re-pack from FOTR 2-pack)

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING ASST 4 Available October 2004

-Superposeable Boromir
-Peter Jackson as a Hobbit (Chase)
-Bilbo Transfixed
-Superposeable Strider
-Gandalf The Grey - No photo available yet
-Isildur - No photo available yet
-Galadriel Possessed (Part of this assortment or 2005?)

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 3 Available July 2004

-Superposeable Helms Deep Aragorn (appears at this point this is another Helms Deep Aragorn Repack)
-Superposeable Frodo (appears at this point this is a Frodo from the boat set repack)
-Isengard Orc with Axe (looks similar to the missing Mordor Orc Proto shown last year)
-Boromir in Armor with Cloven Horn of Gondor
-Gamling in Rohan Armor with Weapons
-Superposeable Gollum with Squishy Fish (appears to be the ROTK SP Gollum with a new Head Sculpt)

THE TWO TOWERS ASST 4 Available October 2004

-Legolas with Knife Throwing Action (appears to be repack of ROTK Trilogy Series 1 Legolas)
-Gates of Mordor Sam (repack from TTT Series 4)
-Theodred, Son of Theoden
-Superposeable Uruk Hai Warrior Shagrat
-Dungeons of Isengaard Orc Captain

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 3 Available July 2004

-Superposeable Shelob
-Coronation Arwen
-Superposeable Coronation Gimli
-Superposeable Gollum with The One Ring (Another SP Gollum body with a new head and the one ring in the palm of his hand...originally listed with "Interchangeable Heads" but only one shown at Toy Fair)
-Ringwraith with Sword Lunging Action (Repack of Horse/Rider Wraith)
-Uruk-Hai Warrior (Repack of Uruk from FOTR Gimli 2-pack or possibly that Uruk head with Lurtz body)

THE RETURN OF THE KING ASST 4 Available October 2004

-Mount Doom Frodo (appears at this point this is a Light-Up Sting Frodo Repack)
-Denethor
-Prologue Smeagol
-Gorbag (with Webbed Frodo Accessory, not shown)
-Gondorian Guard
-Gothmog Pellenor Fields Captain (2005?)

Deluxe and Gift Packs
-Deluxe Fell Beast
-CORONATION GIFT PACK Available July 2004, SRP $24.99
-GATES OF MORDOR GIFT PACK Available August 2004, SRP $34.99

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 16, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Thanks for that list Scott, quite helpful.  I remember awhile back they had promotional images available (at theGD.com) of the "new" SP Helm's Deep Aragorn and SP Frodo, and they looked to be different...but since then those have been taken down, and from the list you posted (and pics), it looks like they might be repacks.  Looks like I'd be better off picking up the figure listed under Strider on your list, that looks pretty good.  Plus, if the Sam is being repacked/remade here in the future too, then that covers another character I wanted to pick up.  Thanks again so much for the list, that is a helpful resource to have posted in here.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #815 on: August 16, 2004, 10:40 AM »
The one thing...this was from Toy Fair so things may have changed since then and the figures they showed may have just been place holders ???

Looks like TTT figs should be out now too and I haven't seen any reported sightings of them

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 16, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Yeah, I had heard at one point that they might be placeholders as well.  Funny we haven't seen any pics of them at Comic-Con, etc. though (although I do think they might have had pics of TTT Wave 3 carded somewhere...have to look).  Hopefully those figures aren't repacks though, and nice, new versions.  I was never a big fan of the original Helm's Deep Aragorn, just because the face didn't quite look right to me, so that's why I have been holding out.  Thanks again for the list though, its still nice to have an idea of what is coming up.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 16, 2004, 10:46 AM »
Ah, yes, here are those pics I was talking about:

Action-Figure.com's LOTR Fig Coverage - ComicCon

It looks like the carded pics I was talking about are in the last few thumbnails on that page.  The HD Aragorn looks different to me, but I am far from an expert on these figures.  Hopefully it is.  You can barely see the Frodo from that wave in one of those pics, hard to tell if it is new or not, can't see much of him.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:47 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 16, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Oh, I see that AFXpress has the "promo" images I was talking about too:

TTT Wave 3

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #819 on: August 16, 2004, 10:54 AM »
Brian, that definitely is a different version, the facial hair and everything is different.  That is some good news!  I don't plan on picking some of them up but I would like a Mount Doom Frodo

I assumed this was Strider but its most definitely HD Aragorn, which means we haven't seen Strider yet

http://69.93.119.2/photos2/showphoto.php?photo=2454&sort=1&cat=688&page=1

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 16, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Seem to be in the past now, but I picked up Elendil, Gil Galad and Shelob.  Losing control?  Maybe.  Certainly seems like ToyBiz is happy to make the more obscure stuff as well. 

Hoping the Gates of Mordor will show up north of the border. 

And why can't I bring myself to buy Hobbit figures? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 16, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Hoping the Gates of Mordor will show up north of the border. 

There here Brent, just saw 2 of them at TRU. $55.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 16, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Seem to be in the past now, but I picked up Elendil, Gil Galad and Shelob.  Losing control? 

Well..for once you got figures in before the most of the states.  ;)
 At least no one has posted any major news on scoring these at the den....What do you think of Elendil and Gil Galad??
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #823 on: August 16, 2004, 03:12 PM »
I just saw 111th Bilbo yesterday, would like to buy them all at once :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 16, 2004, 04:30 PM »
I just saw 111th Bilbo yesterday, would like to buy them all at once :P

I guess I did notice that the other day.  I agree with you on that one.  I ordered Ceremonial Elrond (or whatever he's called) when I placed an amazon order last week but it sure would be nice if they would just come out with all of the series at once, instead of a trickle here and there.  SP coronation Gimli is one I also want to find along with Gamling.  The hardest one to find in the 4th quarter will be Peter Jackson.  That will be an interesting Ebay item, I suspect (and expensive if rumors are true about it being shortpacked in cases).

BTW, what did Bilbo cost?  I know they are still five bucks at Walmart but $7.00 online and at Target.
Beth