Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 280681 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #825 on: August 16, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Seem to be in the past now, but I picked up Elendil, Gil Galad and Shelob.  Losing control? 

Well..for once you got figures in before the most of the states.  ;)
 At least no one has posted any major news on scoring these at the den....What do you think of Elendil and Gil Galad??

Gil Galad is interesting, though as with all of these figures, the paint seems slightly askew.  Still, very nice figures.  I'm more concerned about my drifting to less than major characters than anything else ::)  I'll leave these in the package for now though. 

Thanks for the tip Dale.  Now to calculate whether it's cheaper to get here or have it sent from the US ::)  $29.99 US I believe? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 18, 2004, 10:21 AM »
No big deal...but picked up a Merry in Armor figure yesterday (finally).  I have seen it for awhile, but finally talked the wife into letting me pick it up while at Target yesteday (nothing new Star Wars wise).  I know this is old news, but I really like this figure...very well done I think.  Now I'm waiting on the upcoming releases of Aragorn, Frodo, and Sam.  And that's it....really....I'm serious....I hope ;).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 20, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Gil Galad wave hit several retailers up here.  I picked up a Moria Orc Archer, but left the rest.  Never did see a Lurtz.  Nice to see an influx of figures again, maybe post summer restock? 

Still resisting paying for Hobbitses.  Cannot bring myself to do so. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #828 on: August 20, 2004, 11:36 AM »
You have a problem with the wee characters it seems...although the Gungans are rather large

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 20, 2004, 12:25 PM »
Yeah, inverse short man syndrome, I guess?   :D

I consider Gungans to be offspring, in a metaphorical sense of the Ewoks, so that's easily explained away :P

Part of it is these little half size figures for full price.  Silly, isn't it.  Also most 'good' Hobbitses are in the half moon packaging, so end up around $15 CAD total after taxes.  Too much. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #830 on: August 22, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Found King Elendil and Moria Orc Archer today. Strangely, no Gil Galad or Elrond, but the 1x per case Orc was still there.

I'll never figure this hobby out. ::) :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 23, 2004, 09:48 AM »
According to TheGD.com TTT Series 3 has now started to show up...in Japan.  Not quite here yet, but should at least be on the way.  Some might not be too excited about these, but I've been waiting to get an Aragorn and Frodo for my collection, and there are "super poseable" versions of each of these included in this wave.  Looking forward to them.  Wave includes:  Super Poseable Helm's Deep Aragorn, Super Poseable Frodo, Gamling, Boromir: Captain of Gondor, and the Isengard Orc.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 09:49 AM by mosnab »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 23, 2004, 03:06 PM »
Wow, Amazon has Gil Galad, KIng Elendil and 11th Birthday Bilbo!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 23, 2004, 07:31 PM »
I just ordered Gil Gilad and Earendil from amazon.  Total cost was just over twenty bucks but since Walmart is still stuffed to the rafters with Moria Frodo and Sam and the GITD king, I figure I might as well just cough up the extra cash and get these two guys online.  I'm hoping when the next wave hits, at least Target might restock with new stuff. :P
Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 23, 2004, 07:36 PM »
Since I saw at least 2 new Trilogy figures, and had a couple of other things to order (Marvel Legends Urban Legends & a DVD), I figured I might as well order.  Gil Galad and Elendil look like two of the coolest figures to come around in some time.  Now I can really start building a Fellowship Prologue diorama!

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 23, 2004, 09:49 PM »
Grrr...stupid moving expenses.... >:(

Eh. I'll have to chance 'em at retail if they aren't at Amazon in a couple weeks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 23, 2004, 10:54 PM »
I can help you out if need be Ben.  Lots showing up around here.  They are bi-logo though, so if you're a carded guy it might not work.  They work out to about $7.50 US after taxes.  Everything has been easy to find except Lurtz and Orc Archer, though I have one that would be eventually destined for ebay if you don't want it.  It's a really neat figure too, the eyes are really cool.  I'm tempted to keep it, but for that blowing my restricted focus all to ****.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 24, 2004, 04:54 PM »
They have yet to really hit here, and it will be 2-3 weeks before I'm able to get back into the game, so I'll wait until then.

I might hit you up for a Lurtz, since I don't think those are shipping in the US, but I'm totally confused about that.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 24, 2004, 05:12 PM »
No worries.  I have yet to see a Lurtz up here, but they have shown up on bilogo cards.  My buddy here that collects LOTR got his already.  Also has his Cirith Ungol Uruk-Hai and the rest of that wave, though I haven't seen it on pegs yet.  I got my Shelob from him, not sure if I'm keeping it.  Need the Arwen for my daughter though. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 26, 2004, 09:25 PM »
In the past 24 hours, I scored Elrond of Rivendell, Gil Galad, Elendil & 11th Birthday Bilbo.  Toy Biz has really come through with some good stuff in this line.

Feedback