Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 277834 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1125 on: June 28, 2005, 09:55 PM »
 :D

I like Bill :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1126 on: June 29, 2005, 04:43 AM »
If anyone comes across any of those Battle Cry Uruk-Hai figures that they can bear to part with, I'll gladly take them. I want about three, and I have none.

I have the other three figures in the wave coming to me, but no Uruks.  >:( :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Aggressive Bill

• Youngling
  • On a computer far...far away....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 1, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Where do you all buy your "collectibles" at?  I see people selling them on ebay with the lovely "rare" in the description which so happens to coincide with a large price.  Ironic.    I see posts that say certain ones are hard to get.  I should have bought the ones I come across and sold em had I known they were a pain to get.  Between Wal-mart and Media Play (Sun Coast) I've made plenty of cashiers look at me funny and get most of the lines.  Isn't there a Wal-mart everywhere?  Scientists recently discovered a Wal-mart (right next to the McDonald's) on the moon, so you have to have one, right?  ;D
Have you ever wondered what a love child between Yoda and a wookie would look like?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 2, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Managed to score an aged Theoden and Balrog battle Gandalf today.  This line keeps getting better!  Now I just need to find the Battle Cry Uruk Hai.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Aggressive Bill

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 3, 2005, 09:25 AM »
I got an Aged Theo and Battle Cry last night.  Could have gotten 2 of each if I wasn't broke.  They had the whole line there but I couldn't swing it.  I wonder if I shall regret that later.  This is why you shouldn't buy birthday presents for people.  You get one person a present, the whole family thinks they get one.  By the time you are done, you don't have a lot left to splurge on yourself.  People get so selfish.  ;D
Have you ever wondered what a love child between Yoda and a wookie would look like?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 5, 2005, 09:58 AM »
It might be in part that I'm not really collecting this line anymore, but it seems like the LOTR stuff might be slowly dying out at retail around here.  Wal-Mart has a small section of about 3 pegs, right next to the "regular" Star Wars figures that always seem to be full.  I couldn't say which figures they have there now though, haven't checked recently.  I don't know that Target even has any figures anymore, and TRU is slim to none as well.  I'm wondering how (or if) this line will continue from here on out.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 5, 2005, 11:24 AM »
I read on the Green Dragon that Sideshow/Weta isn't going to do the statues/busts/helms anymore for LOTR, so I doubt TB's Epic line will last. They'll be lucky to get the two series they have planned to retail. Since their license for LOTR expires in 2006, I doubt they'll put much more money into this line.

As much as I dislike Wal-Mart, that's the only store here that still makes room for LOTR on a consistent basis. It would be great if they would receive TTT 5, but they insist on those mixed cases, which are a mixed blessing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 6, 2005, 10:55 AM »
If anyone is interested in some hobbitses, Amazon has a heck of a deal on the "There and Back Again" box set.  I'm slightly tempted to order it, although I already have versions of Frodo, Sam, Pip, and Merry.  Those four plus Bilbo for $5.29 seems like a nice deal though.

There and Back Again

Offline Aggressive Bill

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 7, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Even though the line may be coming to an end, you have to admit that they milked it for all its worth.  The movies have been over for quite some time and they are still coming out with them.  I only have 10 more to get and I have all of the newer trilogy.  I suppose I fit into that catagory of "if you make it, they will buy." 
I recently bought one off of ebay.  What I didn't think about was the fact that I bought it from Canada.  I now have a bilingual Sam.  None of my others speak both French and English.  Do you think that this will be a problem years down the road if I decide to sell them?  Would a collector, if one would actually exist then, be turned away by a French speaking Sam? Oui ou non?  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 7, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Demand has never been very high for any Sam figures, so I doubt there would be much difference in price between and English and bilingual figure.  :)

Scored some new and not-so-new figures today. I did find one of the new TTT Aragorns, and shockingly, no other figures from that wave. I also decided to pick up Mount Doom Frodo and Sam, since I know I'll regret not buying them later. Then at a couple other stores I got the SP Pelennor Fields Aragorn with the sound base, since I thought it sounded cool. And I got that Weathertop Strider that I passed on earlier, but thought he was decent enough to pick up.

I also found a preorder on Toywiz.com for a set of TTT wave 5 for $39.99, so I ordered myself a set, just in case I don't find that Uruk-Hai and Wal-Mart decides they don't want to carry the mix cases that pull my ass out of the fire anymore.

I also found the Pelennor Fields boxed set at a Wal-Mart, but I couldn't afford it after these other figures I bought. I just need these two recent boxed sets, a few more figures, and that last Epic wave then I'll be done with LOTR, since TB loses the license early next year.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 9, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I also found a preorder on Toywiz.com for a set of TTT wave 5 for $39.99, so I ordered myself a set, just in case I don't find that Uruk-Hai and Wal-Mart decides they don't want to carry the mix cases that pull my ass out of the fire anymore.

Save yourself (and indirectly me) some grief and don't do business with ToyWiz.com.  They ARE in fact scalpers.  They operate in the next town over from me, and they constantly have guys running around to the local TRU's, WalMart's and Target's to buy product there for resale to you on the internet at astronomical prices.  I've seen them out too many times hoarding new products and exclusives.  They even did that at Midnight Madness.

Feedback

Offline Aggressive Bill

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 9, 2005, 01:11 PM »
I have to agree about Toywiz.  I found their web page a year ago and about died looking at the prices.  Even after paying the shipping cost, the total for Ebay usually beats their prices.  I'm guessing there are enough people keeping them in business.  Maybe I'll do the same.  Anyone want to buy "rare" bilingual Mount Doom Sam?  Starting price is $30.   ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 9, 2005, 02:44 PM »
As soon as I locate a Gandalf, Theoden, and Uruk-Hai, I'll cancel the preorder.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 9, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Check out Suncoast and Toys R Us.  I've seen them quite a bit at those two chains over the past week.

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 9, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I checked out those places on Thursday, and they didn't have them.

The local TRU doesn't do LOTR, and Suncoast is 45 miles away. I'm thinking I'll hit them again on Monday, since I asked the boss at Suncoast if they were getting anymore, and he said to check back on Monday. And that TRU near there didn't have them yet.

I know Toywiz isn't a good store, but in the situation I'm in, it's really the best option.